We can finally sell cars

Sicho

But don't expect to make multiple millions of it.

The bulk of prices you can sell your cars for is around the 150k range. The most expensive I could sell was around a million and I had like two or three cars in that range and the rest is around 150k or lower.

So if you are like me and still need like 20 million or so to buy the three legendary cars, this is but a drop in the bucket, unless you're willing to part with your whole car collection.

Still, it's nice that it is finally here.

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, barra333 said:

If you need money for the legendary cars, go and do circuit experiences. They add up to 50mil+ if you get gold. 

which is a big IF and takes hours and hours and hours :(

It took me already over a month to do all the licenses on Gold :D 

13 minutes ago, Sicho said:

which is a big IF and takes hours and hours and hours :(

It took me already over a month to do all the licenses on Gold :D 

Doesn't take that long. Most of them are easier than the licences and you dont need them all for the funds you need.

Also circ exp are very fun to do

5 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Doesn't take that long. Most of them are easier than the licences and you dont need them all for the funds you need.

Also circ exp are very fun to do

And most importantly, it is something different each time. I got some of them in about 15-20min and there are only a couple that have taken an hour+. One of those, the Nurburgring, worth it for the 5mil payout.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, barra333 said:

And most importantly, it is something different each time. I got some of them in about 15-20min and there are only a couple that have taken an hour+. One of those, the Nurburgring, worth it for the 5mil payout.

every race longer than maybe 10 minutes is hell for me :D usually at some point I crash or make some other mistake so that I fall behind and Gold becomes impossible, which means I just wasted dozens of minutes for nothing. I will never finish an hour-long race in first place.

I mean I already spent 80ish hours on this game and currently have 6 million credits and maybe spent... I don't know... around four million? This means my total credit count for 80h was 10 million credits... that should tell you enough about how "good" I am with racing sims :D

And of those 6 million I currently have, roughly 2 million are now from selling cars ?

38 minutes ago, Sicho said:

every race longer than maybe 10 minutes is hell for me :D usually at some point I crash or make some other mistake so that I fall behind and Gold becomes impossible, which means I just wasted dozens of minutes for nothing. I will never finish an hour-long race in first place.

I mean I already spent 80ish hours on this game and currently have 6 million credits and maybe spent... I don't know... around four million? This means my total credit count for 80h was 10 million credits... that should tell you enough about how "good" I am with racing sims :D

And of those 6 million I currently have, roughly 2 million are now from selling cars 1f602.png

case in point, I just played that Anniversary Manufacturers Cup Race... 10 Laps on Spa. It took me close to 30 minutes to finish this race, but I ended up in 12th place (of 13), meaning my reward for almost 30 minutes of playing was literally ZERO credits.

This is why the grind for the legendary cars is virtually insurmountable for me :( And it will probably be why I will never get the plat in GT7.

And it's frustrating because I really worked my ass off for the License Trophy... I probably spent close to 7 hours on the last license alone. When I finally got it, I thought I "got good" and got this game figured out and the road to Platinum would be easy from there on out. I was willing to learn and put the necessary effort into this and I got the S license gold and thought all that effort would mean that I know am good at GT7.

How wrong I was! ?

I can't "get good" at this game because I simply don't seem to grasp the "science" that is racing. It probably doesn't help that I really don't care about cars or racing IRL. And I'm also not really willing to, for example, play this race over and over again until I get good enough to finally get to First Place... to then get a measly one million. It would probably take me dozens of hours to do that if I would ever reach it at all. And all that for a single one million reward...

IDK why I was hoping that selling cars would make the grind easier. The explanation that most cars are quite cheap and therefore you can't expect to make a lot of money selling them is totally logical and makes sense. Maybe I was hoping somehow I had a 10 million gift car sitting there or something... ?

tl;dr: I suck at this game but I also think they are way too stingy with the credits. Playing for 30 minutes should never end in no reward at all and you should not need to be a racing god to get a measly one million credits in a 30 minutes race. Last place should be at least 1 million for the effort of putting 30 minutes of your time in it and first place should be 50 million or something :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sicho said:

tl;dr: I suck at this game but I also think they are way too stingy with the credits. Playing for 30 minutes should never end in no reward at all and you should not need to be a racing god to get a measly one million credits in a 30 minutes race. Last place should be at least 1 million for the effort of putting 30 minutes of your time in it and first place should be 50 million or something :D 

Yeah it's pretty rough driving for half an hour and getting nothing. I got 10th on that race last night, so get your point. This is coming from someone who didn't think the license tests were particularly hard. 

On 25/11/2022 at 2:35 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

How's the game overall with this latest update? I've been considering renting it but held off because I kept hearing what an endless grind it was.

By the looks its a very long one, the problem is that the game is quite fun and it has a lot of meat to the bone in the way of content

• Like 2

Circuit experiences are a very good source of money. You don't need to get gold on all of them but bronze is a must because they are easily doable. Best method to grind money is Tokyo expressway that pays out 550k normally and 825k for clean race bonus and it takes 27.5mins to finish. I got the clean race bonus at least 90% of the time and used Ferrari F12 with sport hard tire compound. There are also 2 races available for GT7 25th anniversary which payout 3.6 millions available for ~35days.

Selling cars could be useful for selling duplicates, 10 cars you bought for owning 10 of the same car, cars you bought for trophies (i.e., Audi R18 TDI, Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT, and BMW Gr.3) which could add up to ~2-3 million probably but nothing substantial.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:04 AM, oswald41 said:

Does anyone know if selling one of the 3 legends cars for the trophy can you still get the trophy without having all 3 at once now because I've noticed all the cars that I sell when I go to the dealership it shows I still own them

idk, I'm surely not risking my progress to find out xD
What is clear though is that even cars you sell stay visible in your car collection (but you cannot drive them anymore)

So my guess is that we could indeed by a legendary car, sell it, buy the next one, sell it as well and then buy the third one and still get the trophy.

But again I'm not willing to try it out.

Maybe some good soul only needs the car that's currently available as their last car and is willing to sell one of the other two off to then check if the trophy unlocks if they buy the third car... but I doubt that anyone really wants to try out.

1 hour ago, Sicho said:

idk, I'm surely not risking my progress to find out xD
What is clear though is that even cars you sell stay visible in your car collection (but you cannot drive them anymore)

So my guess is that we could indeed by a legendary car, sell it, buy the next one, sell it as well and then buy the third one and still get the trophy.

But again I'm not willing to try it out.

Maybe some good soul only needs the car that's currently available as their last car and is willing to sell one of the other two off to then check if the trophy unlocks if they buy the third car... but I doubt that anyone really wants to try out.

I bought the Ferrari last night for whatever it was 10 million and sold it so once I get the other ones I'll sell them and find out

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, HarryNinetyFour said:

Somebody confirmed on Reddit with the XJ being in the store today, that you CANNOT sell any of them. You need all 3 on you for the trophy.

Holy damn, thank god i did not sell my jaguar & ferrari was thinking about it this morning ?

well, that sucks.

as does the grind for credits.

I mean, what the hell is even the deciding factor if you get a 2, 3, 4, or 5 stars ticket for the daily marathon? Is this totally random or can this be influenced?

And why is it that every time I open a ticket and there are three monetary prizes, a car (which we can now sell, so it is also a monetary prize), and a car part, I always get the fucking car part that I don't fucking need and cannot turn into money?? Grml ...

And of course, if by any chance I get the money price, it is, of course, the lowest one of the bunch ... ?

Their stinginess with the credits is just too ridiculous. They really do think that 10.000 credits is a lot because if you win 10.000 credits by any chance in a ticket, it is "silver". Silver is fucking 2nd place, that's a sign they consider this a substantial amount of money in this game lol. IMO, if you need to buy cars for over 20 million for a trophy, even 100.000 credits should still be considered bronze and a "bad" price. Instead, they consider 10.000 silver and therefore a kinda good price. You can buy a go-kart for that.

R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!!

And the same is true if you look at the microtransactions ... 20 bucks for a mere two million. It really shows that it is their opinion that two million is a lot ... but it really isn't. You might get one or two decent cars out of a million or two and cannot buy one of the really good ones or the legendary ones... but they ask 20 bucks for it ... wtf?

This is really starting to ruin the game for me. Imagine if I wanted to collect all the cars... I would have to play this game longer than any MMO I have played to even get that kinda in-game money ...

And yes, I know somebody said that if you do all the course experiences on Gold you have like 50 million or so ... but those are hard and, most importantly, in my opinion, not fun. I tried to do some of them and I went from 2.5 to almost 5 million in a little bit over a week, playing daily. Fuck my life, please somebody kill me!

I want to drive races and get good money for winning them. Not 20k for a race that takes me over 15 min. of my free time... or a meager million for a 1-hour real-time race, where the chances that I make a mistake just at the end and played 1 hour for nothing are immense.

All the credit payouts should be at least double in my opinion, maybe even more. And in addition to that, cars should generally be 10-15% cheaper. Then it would still be a grind, but it would be a bearable one.

And I really don't get the motivation behind it. I doubt many will buy the credits for real money as they are too expensive. And they gain nothing if people play this game for longer, right? They already sold it to them, there is no paid DLC so far... what do they gain if they have people play for longer? One argument could be made that maybe this leads to the Online mode being more populated, but 1) I doubt it and 2) there are enough die-hard racing fans that will keep Sports Mode alive and well until the next installment comes along ...

I'm almost at 100h playtime now with this game. This is at least twice as long as I usually spend on any racer. And I'm still ways off to getting the 12 million and 6.7 million legendary cars that I'm still missing.

The only good thing right now is that after that, thanks to the selling option, I can then sell the legendaries and thus use those credits to finance the 3 million Audi I still need to buy for the Scapes photo... otherwise there would be even more grind...

I could simply let it go and say "fuck this shit I'm out". But since I really worked hard to get the S-Licenses (I'm not a race sim guy and this took a lot of effort from me) and thus, IMO, have all the trophy stuff that needs "skill" done, I want my fucking Platinum! :D 

So I will continue grinding.

But it makes me hate the game.

I will not buy a GT8.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sicho said:

well, that sucks.

I mean, what the hell is even the deciding factor if you get a 2, 3, 4, or 5 stars ticket for the daily marathon? Is this totally random or can this be influenced?

And why is it that every time I open a ticket and there are three monetary prizes, a car (which we can now sell, so it is also a monetary prize), and a car part, I always get the fucking car part that I don't fucking need and cannot turn into money?? Grml ...

And of course, if by any chance I get the money price, it is, of course, the lowest one of the bunch ... 1f62b.png

Their stinginess with the credits is just too ridiculous. They really do think that 10.000 credits is a lot because if you win 10.000 credits by any chance in a ticket, it is "silver". Silver is fucking 2nd place, that's a sign they consider this a substantial amount of money in this game lol. IMO, if you need to buy cars for over 20 million for a trophy, even 100.000 credits should still be considered bronze and a "bad" price. Instead, they consider 10.000 silver and therefore a kinda good price. You can buy a go-kart for that.

R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!!

And the same is true if you look at the microtransactions ... 20 bucks for a mere two million. It really shows that it is their opinion that two million is a lot ... but it really isn't. You might get one or two decent cars out of a million or two and cannot buy one of the really good ones or the legendary ones... but they ask 20 bucks for it ... wtf?

This is really starting to ruin the game for me. Imagine if I wanted to collect all the cars... I would have to play this game longer than any MMO I have played to even get that kinda in-game money ...

And yes, I know somebody said that if you do all the course experiences on Gold you have like 50 million or so ... but those are hard and, most importantly, in my opinion, not fun. I tried to do some of them and I went from 2.5 to almost 5 million in a little bit over a week, playing daily. Fuck my life, please somebody kill me!

I want to drive races and get good money for winning them. Not 20k for a race that takes me over 15 min. of my free time... or a meager million for a 1-hour real-time race, where the chances that I make a mistake just at the end and played 1 hour for nothing are immense.

All the credit payouts should be at least double in my opinion, maybe even more. And in addition to that, cars should generally be 10-15% cheaper. Then it would still be a grind, but it would be a bearable one.

And I really don't get the motivation behind it. I doubt many will buy the credits for real money as they are too expensive. And they gain nothing if people play this game for longer, right? They already sold it to them, there is no paid DLC so far... what do they gain if they have people play for longer? One argument could be made that maybe this leads to the Online mode being more populated, but 1) I doubt it and 2) there are enough die-hard racing fans that will keep Sports Mode alive and well until the next installment comes along ...

I'm almost at 100h playtime now with this game. This is at least twice as long as I usually spend on any racer. And I'm still ways off to getting the 12 million and 6.7 million legendary cars that I'm still missing.

The only good thing right now is that after that, thanks to the selling option, I can then sell the legendaries and thus use those credits to finance the 3 million Audi I still need to buy for the Scapes photo... otherwise there would be even more grind...

I could simply let it go and say "fuck this shit I'm out". But since I really worked hard to get the S-Licenses (I'm not a race sim guy and this took a lot of effort from me) and thus, IMO, have all the trophy stuff that needs "skill" done, I want my fucking Platinum! :D 

I will not buy a GT8.

Playing circuit experience really isn't a bad way to earn credits, most tracks give you 1 million and it provides fun trying to beat the times. Doesn't take tooooo long either

18 minutes ago, Sicho said:

well, that sucks.

And of course, if by any chance I get the money price, it is, of course, the lowest one of the bunch ... 1f62b.png

R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!!

I will not buy a GT8.

I get your frustation with the game BUT its really easy to grind out currency tbf, you only need to setup a Le Mans 24h race (550k rewards & 50% clean bonus) takes 30min a race which gains you 1.6mill an hour + there is plenty of guides on forums or yt that give you the perfect car for long races. 

8 hours ago, LineRb3asT- said:

I get your frustation with the game BUT its really easy to grind out currency tbf, you only need to setup a Le Mans 24h race (550k rewards & 50% clean bonus) takes 30min a race which gains you 1.6mill an hour + there is plenty of guides on forums or yt that give you the perfect car for long races. 

that is still over 13h of races to get to 20 million ... I can plat two other AAA titles in that amount of time ... ?

It is just too long! And 30-minute races are also too long, I can't hold my attention that long in a single race, I will probably roll off course or something after 20 minutes or so, and then it was all for naught.

Why can't there be "normal" 5 minute or so races that give out a good amount? And by good, I mean at least 100k. If one could earn 100k in 5 minutes, that would still be only 1.2 million per hour, but at least it would be less stressful and you could have variety instead of doing the same 30 min. race over and over again. It would still be much too long though.

It should not take dozens of hours to unlock ONE legendary car, especially if you have already played the game for 100 hours! That's what's wrong with the game.

And don't get me started on that cars rotating out of the shop bullshit ...

Edited by Sicho