Game Achievements Ltd

GAchievements

2 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Yes, enough trying to fact check when you're trying to claim to be open and honest 1f440.png

You'd be half right, on a technicality, that I don't know 'how many sales'... as in 'units'. The financials associated to those sales on the other hand? Yes. Readily available. And I struggle to believe that information would be somewhat easily publicly available yet somehow the information regarding the 'units' sold would be unknown to you? Like, where do you think those numbers come from? Surely you'd be informed of both at the same time? Or you could at least approximate based on the 2nd number.

I mean, you want me to post a screenshot for you? I just really struggle to understand how you wouldn't know.

If you don't want to answer a question like that just say you prefer not to answer, that's honestly perfectly fine. Don't pretend you just don't know the answers, it only puts your honesty in question.

Honesty is saying I do not know. Or in fact I do know exactly how much we have received on sales, which is currently 0.

Of you have found a site stating that our income is different, then you may need to question that site rather than us.

19 minutes ago, GAchievements said:

Honesty is saying I do not know. Or in fact I do know exactly how much we have received on sales, which is currently 0.

Of you have found a site stating that our income is different, then you may need to question that site rather than us.

we should be able to guess a decent number of your sales just from psnp alone cause i don't think alot of people are buying these stroke the animal games 

• Like 3

On 11/25/2022 at 2:43 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

These games are not "history" to be preserved - they are an infection to be excised. 

Soft disagree.

Future generations need to see these games so as to learn of the bloody battles fought in the great Trophy Hunter Wars.

Can you really say we should forget about armies who marched across this battle-scarred land? Great victories and atrocities, such as:

-Percy54389128yv, The Spammer, who mercilessly carpet bombed quick platinums across towns and villages, a land now known as Omega Butthurt Prime? Would you forget the assmad caused by this cruel monster?

-Father Spaz, Holy Priest of I Play Arcade Games In The 80s, who preached tirelessly from lowest thread derailment to highest block list about crap that had fuckall to do with the actual topic? Would you forget his cries about the PS3 days being better except for the 80s which were super better?
-Bloodmoney, He That Embodies 'Shots Fired', whos spicy hot takes were spot on and pretty fucking hilarious? Would you seriously dismiss his words, so beautifully crafted that they ticked off both sides of the argument (somehow)?

-The...other people I don't remember cause this whole thing was completely stupid?

No, friend, we will remember. These games will forever sit on the PSN servers, battered markers of a war long fought and a dumb fight well fought and is also still dumb.

On 11/27/2022 at 8:41 AM, MonaSaxPayne said:

this is a big fat lie

I can give many examples of games that changed trophy requirements/descriptions

It's not a lie, this is a part of the publishing policy. It's just they never seem to enforce it, or at least I don't think I've ever seen a case of it being enforced. If it was fully enforced, every MMO on the network would be fucked.

Which is the long way of saying they could change it and likely not run into any issues.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I found out about this post from PlatinumBro's video. As you know, I try to avoid playing games that are just "hold a button for 10 minutes to get the platinum" as a policy after my last account was flooded with games similar to the Stroke games(by the Pig P developers). I'm not proud of that account as it was just flooded with visual novels and stuff that I just AFK'd on.

I think the Stroke games would be better suited to 3-years old like my niece as it doesn't require you to push a lot of buttons to pet a dog, those games would be something that my 2-year old niece could do as it only requires one button press. For older people, these games are sort of insulting your intelligence. I'm not going to cruificy you for something that I wouldn't play but I'd play with my niece watching because it would be entertaining to them. (Please realize that 3-year old children do not have the complex brain chemistry we adults have. I tried to play Bubble Bobble with my niece and she just stood there watching me play, holding the controller and letting her character get eaten by blobs. xD)

I'm also not an expert on content as my favorite games are RPGs that last for weeks before I can get the platinum so I cannot help you there. However, I can suggest a progression of difficulty as a platinum trophy is the hallmark of testing your skills. That's why people don't really like Jumping games or My Name is Mayo as there is really no testing of one's skills. Just start with an easy game, then have it unlock a new game which is a bit harder(after stroking a dog, you can play fetch with it) and so on up to a point. You don't have to end up with a Dark Souls style difficulty, but something interesting, fun and challenging at the end and if you complete THAT then you have earned the platinum. This is just a suggestion, so take it as you will.

• Like 3

I honestly think the PSNP community also needs to put its own house back in order.

The leaderboard was never tweaked in all these years. It's still there sitting prominently on the homepage. World rank and country rank are still some of the most prominent stats on everyone's profile. 

PSNP enabled all of it and is 100% to blame.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WildZubatAppears said:

The leaderboard was never tweaked in all these years.

The leaderboard is and always has been simply a trophy points leaderboard. Are you saying the trophy points leaderboard should be changed ("tweaked") or that there should be dozens of competing leaderboards that all represent fractions of the overall trophy points leaderboard?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LewyWilko93 said:

Hey Game Achievements Ltd and all viewers of this forum. 

I have addressed this "apology" in a video. I discuss the apology and a few of the best replies made by some people in this forum. 

Ultimately, the fact you are still releasing future games makes this apology utterly pointless. It does not appear like you have learnt anything, it appears that you have been stopped by Sony. Nothing more. 

Platinum Bro

What a shameless plug!

(you're right though)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The leaderboard is and always has been simply a trophy points leaderboard. Are you saying the trophy points leaderboard should be changed ("tweaked") or that there should be dozens of competing leaderboards that all represent fractions of the overall trophy points leaderboard?

I think there are a number of valid solutions that could be explored for their technical feasibility and popularity with the community.

a) Adding an arbitrary threshold for trophies to count as points towards a leaderboard (e.g. a minimum rarity %)

b ) Ponderating the main current quantitative dashboard with any qualitative metric

c) Offering multiple alternative leaderboards to the community (and it does not have to be dozens). We see this solution preferred by the speedrunning community and works well.

d) Remove all links to the leaderboard from the homepage and user profile and not replace it by anything at all.

Edited by WildZubatAppears
formatting

jeez most people respnonding  here are just nasty. first off he comes out  to admit what they did and admitting to being better none of the other  companies so far did that just for that he deserves some praise.

also its so funny everyone high and mighty here blaming the devs and publishers  but look in the mirror  the people who BOUGHT said games are the reason those games got even made in the first place.

yeah most likely the reason he comes out is due sony changing policies however  where are all the other devs who are doing the same thing?  I dont see them apoligizing here.

also it might be hard to believe for some people here but some people actualy enjoy those garbage games. not saying its the majority but I know a few who do.

realy shows  how much hypocrites are here and people who think their oppinion is the right one period. wel newsflash thats NOT how it works

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

jeez most people respnonding  here are just nasty. first off he comes out  to admit what they did and admitting to being better none of the other  companies so far did that just for that he deserves some praise.

also its so funny everyone high and mighty here blaming the devs and publishers  but look in the mirror  the people who BOUGHT said games are the reason those games got even made in the first place.

yeah most likely the reason he comes out is due sony changing policies however  where are all the other devs who are doing the same thing?  I dont see them apoligizing here.

also it might be hard to believe for some people here but some people actualy enjoy those garbage games. not saying its the majority but I know a few who do.

realy shows  how much hypocrites are here and people who think their oppinion is the right one period. wel newsflash thats NOT how it works

Whilst I take your point, an apology and a promise to do better would probably come off as more sincere and heartfelt if it wasn't in conjunction with Sony cracking down on these games. He argued blind for months a case for them to make these games and why they should exist. Then the Sony email leaks and his stance changes?

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Edited by ScintillaWolf

28 minutes ago, WildZubatAppears said:

I think there are a number of valid solutions that could be explored for their technical feasibility and popularity with the community.

a) Adding an arbitrary threshold for trophies to count as points towards a leaderboard (e.g. a minimum rarity %)

b ) Ponderating the main current quantitative dashboard with any qualitative metric

c) Offering multiple alternative leaderboards to the community (and it does not have to be dozens). We see this solution preferred by the speedrunning community and works well.

d) Remove all links to the leaderboard from the homepage and user profile and not replace it by anything at all.

So:

a) change the fairly non-arbitrary trophy points leaderboard to something arbitrary that this community has shown there is no consensus on. Might as make several at different threshold to satisfy all the arbitrary numbers people come up with.

b) add some more arbitrary qualitative metrics to the non-arbitrary trophy points leaderboard. Might as well make several for all the arbitrary qualities groups in this community decide caters to their preferred highly prized qualities

c) create several leaderboards that only cater to groups looking for what they want to see on a leaderboard

d) take away the only non-arbitrary leaderboard because people don't like that it doesn't exclude enough things for the people who are upset

(Sources: Please see the thousands of posts in all the threads with everyone's hot takes on their leaderboard change ideas)

Really, I think there should be more leaderboards that cater to all the whims of the people. And it'll be dozens, and it will still never be enough for people who want more things excluded from those dozen. But I also think the plain old, not-really-controversial trophy points leaderboard is just fine as-is. People may have projected values onto it from assumptions of when it was started, but times changed long ago and trying to ignore those changes doesn't make them go away.

Sony dropped the ball on trophy rules/standards pretty much as soon as they announced trophies. There's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube.

a, b, c, d.) That excellent shovelware filter applied to the leaderboards. Could you imagine ?

If 100% was donated to charity I might spend some dollars. Still wouldn’t play one but better chance of giving up my hard earned money on it if say Stroke the Dog donated it’s proceeds to the Humane Society or animal shelters.

26 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Whilst I take your point, an apology and a promise to do better would probably come off as more sincere and heartfelt if it wasn't in conjunction with Sony cracking down on these games. He argued blind for months a case for them to make these games and why they should exist. Then the Sony email leaks and his stance changes?

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

most likely those games are already approved by sony we have no idea if its even possible to cancel them at this point and honestly if that takes a lot of effort it might just not be worth it to go to the effort.

he is upfront that those are still comming  and no new ones will come.

wel give him the chance to show thats the truth  it just pisses me off that most people in this day and age dont even try to zoom out and look at both sides  its almost never black and white

he apoligizes explains stuff promisses to do better give him the chance to proof it. personaly I feel this was just because sonys rule change as well but I dont make that conclussion

why?

because I dont  have all the information i need to make that conclussion.

unles you know more about sony's process then most of us ofcourse? but honestly 99% of the people here saying stuff dont know how the aproving system from sony works  so  making conclussions like that while you dont know what the F you are talking about only shows that  your stuborn and honestly dumb in a lot of ways

1 minute ago, visvoer18 said:

most likely those games are already approved by sony we have no idea if its even possible to cancel them at this point and honestly if that takes a lot of effort it might just not be worth it to go to the effort.

he is upfront that those are still comming  and no new ones will come.

wel give him the chance to show thats the truth  it just pisses me off that most people in this day and age dont even try to zoom out and look at both sides  its almost never black and white

he apoligizes explains stuff promisses to do better give him the chance to proof it. personaly I feel this was just because sonys rule change as well but I dont make that conclussion

why?

because I dont  have all the information i need to make that conclussion.

unles you know more about sony's process then most of us ofcourse? but honestly 99% of the people here saying stuff dont know how the aproving system from sony works  so  making conclussions like that while you dont know what the F you are talking about only shows that  your stuborn and honestly dumb in a lot of ways

My point has nothing to do with the approval system.

My point is he argued these games had value and that they should stay, and he repeatedly argued in favour of them. The apology has now come at the same time as Sony's crackdown. That doesn't cast any doubt over the apology for you? That he has only apologised now because he sees the tide is turning?

I'll refrain from calling you dumb, your post can do that for you.

6 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

My point has nothing to do with the approval system.

My point is he argued these games had value and that they should stay, and he repeatedly argued in favour of them. The apology has now come at the same time as Sony's crackdown. That doesn't cast any doubt over the apology for you? That he has only apologised now because he sees the tide is turning?

I'll refrain from calling you dumb, your post can do that for you.

I agree that they should stay. like it or not it is part of history  and it could be an reminder to never make those mistakes again.

lets say you remove them now players who wanna hunt then now can NEVER catch up.

you cnat remove them from people who bought them either  since they paid for them  and spent time with those games even though it mightnot be a lot.

so yeah in a sense those games have value they show an huge mistake that should never be repeated you cant change the past just the future and  removing all traces of it doesnt means it never happened.

so yeha in a sense those games have value still

edit: I forgot to adres 1 of your points which I do here now.

do I think the apoligies would have come if sony didnt change policies? honestly I dont think they would however I dont have all the information to make that conclussion so I am casting the benefit of doubt  there.

also even if that is the reason it deserves at least some respect for doing it still because others who did the same thing possible way worse didnt do it at all. and  I am pretty sure he knew he would get a lot of hate for making the post I can at least respect that somewhat

Edited by visvoer18
adding info

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

So:

a) change the fairly non-arbitrary trophy points leaderboard to something arbitrary that this community has shown there is no consensus on. Might as make several at different threshold to satisfy all the arbitrary numbers people come up with.

B) add some more arbitrary qualitative metrics to the non-arbitrary trophy points leaderboard. Might as well make several for all the arbitrary qualities groups in this community decide caters to their preferred highly prized qualities

c) create several leaderboards that only cater to groups looking for what they want to see on a leaderboard

d) take away the only non-arbitrary leaderboard because people don't like that it doesn't exclude enough things for the people who are upset

(Sources: Please see the thousands of posts in all the threads with everyone's hot takes on their leaderboard change ideas)

Really, I think there should be more leaderboards that cater to all the whims of the people. And it'll be dozens, and it will still never be enough for people who want more things excluded from those dozen. But I also think the plain old, not-really-controversial trophy points leaderboard is just fine as-is. People may have projected values onto it from assumptions of when it was started, but times changed long ago and trying to ignore those changes doesn't make them go away.

Sony dropped the ball on trophy rules/standards pretty much as soon as they announced trophies. There's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube.

I'm sorry but I wholeheartedly disagree. 

Firstly because the problem is much less complicated than you make it seem. Every single sport, e-sport, competitive gaming community has been able to establish its own set of rules successfully. If the governing body doesn't want to make a decision, why not simply have premium members vote?

Secondly I disagree because inaction is not a good enough response to any issue, especially when facing an ethical issue. That makes you a culprit by inaction.

Wheter anyone likes it or not, PSNP is the most influential trophy website in current existence. Great power comes with great responsibility. 

In its current state PSNP is not only enabling the issue but actively promoting it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, visvoer18 said:

I agree that they should stay. like it or not it is part of history  and it could be an reminder to never make those mistakes again.

lets say you remove them now players who wanna hunt then now can NEVER catch up.

you cnat remove them from people who bought them either  since they paid for them  and spent time with those games even though it mightnot be a lot.

so yeah in a sense those games have value they show an huge mistake that should never be repeated you cant change the past just the future and  removing all traces of it doesnt means it never happened.

so yeha in a sense those games have value still

Sorry, that's my fault for not being clear. He was arguing at the time and making a case to keep making them and showed little to no remorse in his actions of exploiting the trophy system, nor did he seem to take any criticism on board. So when I say value I mean, he was trying to claim there was pretty much nothing wrong in what he was doing. 

I don't support the removal of any game that's been approved. I may be of the stance that they shouldn't come with a platinum or perhaps do not count on a leaderboard, but that is neither here or there. I just don't believe he's genuine, and that this is now a case of going back to the drawing board and thinking "okay I can't get away with this any more, how can I perform damage limitation."

Regardless, I hope he does stick by his words, if not for any personal redemption he may want, but purely to keep that shit off the network.

9 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Sorry, that's my fault for not being clear. He was arguing at the time and making a case to keep making them and showed little to no remorse in his actions of exploiting the trophy system, nor did he seem to take any criticism on board. So when I say value I mean, he was trying to claim there was pretty much nothing wrong in what he was doing. 

where did he make an case to still make them? I might have missed that if that is the case. also to put the blame soley on the devs isnt fair either people buying them are just as guilty  and sony as well for allowing it in the first place honestly in a sense I feel sony deserves the most blame

I don't support the removal of any game that's been approved. I may be of the stance that they shouldn't come with a platinum or perhaps do not count on a leaderboard, but that is neither here or there. I just don't believe he's genuine, and that this is now a case of going back to the drawing board and thinking "okay I can't get away with this any more, how can I perform damage limitation."

honestly I am not realy believing the genuity either however I cnat read minds so like I sai the benefit of the doubt for me and he at least came out to say it no mather the reason that at least deserves some respect no mather the reason.

Regardless, I hope he does stick by his words, if not for any personal redemption he may want, but purely to keep that shit off the network.

full agree here from me lol

Edited by visvoer18
adding info

1 hour ago, WildZubatAppears said:

I'm sorry but I wholeheartedly disagree. 

Firstly because the problem is much less complicated than you make it seem. Every single sport, e-sport, competitive gaming community has been able to establish its own set of rules successfully. If the governing body doesn't want to make a decision, why not simply have premium members vote?

Secondly I disagree because inaction is not a good enough response to any issue, especially when facing an ethical issue. That makes you a culprit by inaction.

Wheter anyone likes it or not, PSNP is the most influential trophy website in current existence. Great power comes with great responsibility. 

In its current state PSNP is not only enabling the issue but actively promoting it. 

To your first point: the “competition” here, for this leaderboard, is and always has been: Whoever has the most time and money and doesn’t break leaderboard rules is at the top. It hasn’t ever changed. The rules have been successful since the beginning and the flagging rules have adapted as things arose over time.

Secondly: What ethical issue did you lay out? You don’t like the games Sony allowed in their store? Ethically, Sly and his site is in the clear because it’s been remarkably consistent from the beginning by not passing any arbitrary judgment in excluding people from participating. It’s been the opposite of inaction by denying those that would deny others from participating in the sites leaderboard by shouting the loudest that they don’t belong. 

PSNP gained its influence through its design and welcoming standards of a non-arbitrary trophy points leaderboard. It’s what continues to bring people here and it’s what should stay, and possibly welcome additional arbitrary leaderboards as well. 

PSNP doesn’t enable Sony. Sony enables Sony and judging by Sony only seeming to crack down on asset flips, but not multitudes of identical regional trophy stacks, Sony has sent the message that they’re mostly fine with the state of trophies and PSNP should continue with the same approach it always has. There are plenty of other trophy sites with leaderboards and the audience that seeks them out will show the support numbers for other arbitrary trophy leaderboards and if there is more support for those, they’ll eclipse PSNP as the most influential. 

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

To your first point: the “competition” here, for this leaderboard, is and always has been: Whoever has the most time and money and doesn’t break leaderboard rules is at the top. It hasn’t ever changed. The rules have been successful since the beginning and the flagging rules have adapted as things arose over time.

Secondly: What ethical issue did you lay out? You don’t like the games Sony allowed in their store? Ethically, Sly and his site is in the clear because it’s been remarkably consistent from the beginning by not passing any arbitrary judgment in excluding people from participating. It’s been the opposite of inaction by denying those that would deny others from participating in the sites leaderboard by shouting the loudest that they don’t belong. 

PSNP gained its influence through its design and welcoming standards of a non-arbitrary trophy points leaderboard. It’s what continues to bring people here and it’s what should stay, and possibly welcome additional arbitrary leaderboards as well. 

PSNP doesn’t enable Sony. Sony enables Sony and judging by Sony only seeming to crack down on asset flips, but not multitudes of identical regional trophy stacks, Sony has sent the message that they’re mostly fine with the state of trophies and PSNP should continue with the same approach it always has. There are plenty of other trophy sites with leaderboards and the audience that seeks them out will show the support numbers for other arbitrary trophy leaderboards and if there is more support for those, they’ll eclipse PSNP as the most influential. 

I feel like you are totally reluctant to the idea that PSNP might have any sort of influence on the community and therfore should also accept full responsibility for the shovelware issue on Playstation.

Sony is a large slow moving global corporation. It only reacts to external stimuli. This includes profit and community feedback. PSNP would have significantly impacted both by stopping the promotion of the current leaderboard. So yes - I stand by the fact that PSNP enabled and significantly accelerated all the issues including shovelware and region stacks. 

I totally disagree with the statement that people flocked to PSNP for it's "welcoming standards of a non-arbitrary trophy points leaderboard. It’s what continues to bring people here". That's just an extremely conservative point of view assuming that that everyone else is just as reluctant to change.

It's just not true. That's not what i hear on YouTube. That's not what I read on discord. That's not even what I read here on this same forum. The things I really hear about the PSNP trophy leaderboard are a mix of either indifference or active disdain. People genuinely don't like it and are warning new comers to stay away from it as far as possible.

That's the current reality of PSNP's leaderboard. The majority would like it to disappear forever. A minority keeps it alive. The community is unable to autoregulate. It enabled several issues with the trophy system and it reached a point where Sony the massive slow moving corporation actually had to jump in and address it because the community responsible for it just wouldn't.

• Like 2