Evil West: EVIL DIFFICULTY WALKHROUGH | Weird West Superhero Trophy Guide

Ben-Gun

On 26.11.2022 at 0:19 AM, JaneAusten69 said:

Is there NG++?  Curious if it might be easier playing through a third time with everything maxed out from the start.

There is!!

On 26.11.2022 at 0:44 AM, J-a-c-o-b-66 said:

Loooool of course there's the option to do it on NG+. I just beat the parasiter on my first run through and man the chapter after it is hard. Since I've already started I'm just gonna finish it without doing it the NG+ way

You need 2 playthroughs for 100%. Might as well start on easy/normal and then do Evil on NG+.

My last trophy is 30 kills with each electrically-augmented weapons. The Death Ray is annoying to farm ?

Edited by Ben-Gun
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Evil on first playthrough is insane but so damn fun. I've never seen a game throw so many enemies at you in a single encounter. When you think it's over and then 3 bosses appear together. Loving it 1f602.png 

I'm currently playing on story (easy) and while progressing towarda endgame, there have been a few fights along the way where I was seriously wondering if this will be possible to beat during Evil ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I'm currently playing on story (easy) and while progressing towarda endgame, there have been a few fights along the way where I was seriously wondering if this will be possible to beat during Evil 1f602.png

I just finished it and aside from one fight right at the end of the game including 3 health regenerating enemies. The game was a nice play. Forcing me to be mobile and use everything at my disposal. I absolutely loved it and definitely will be playing the ps4 version to do it all over again. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/29/2023 at 1:58 PM, ZachBoardyHD said:

I see that you have got the platinum, did you do the NG+ or the NG++ method for Evil difficulty? 

Yes, if I remember correctly.  I believe I did a normal play through first, then a NG+ play through on easy.  Did both of those with no guide just playing for fun and collecting what I could along the way.  Third play through was on NG++ on Evil.  Used a guide for the two or three collectibles I couldn't find on my own and then did chapter select for two boss specific trophies I had missed.

I really liked this game, so multiple plays did not feel like a chore.  If you're just going for the platinum and don't really like the gameplay, I'd recommend first play through on easy with a guide for collectibles and boss specific trophies and then second NG+ on Evil.

Edited by JaneAusten69
  • Like 3

Just wondering how the co-op works for this game? I mean, Some game tends to scale up difficulty the more players you have, I believe this is a 2 co-op online game right?

I usually play alone but this kind of games are more fun when you have a partner but I don't know if the platinum would be more difficult playing with a friend. I wouldn't mind but I've read a lot of people saying that Evil difficulty is no joke. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 5:05 PM, zombie_ninja_X said:

I started blind on EVIL to get the difficulty specific trophies, but if you need two playthroughs anyways ima go down to hard or normal if evil is to much on the first playthrough.    

I played Evil West near it's release and went blind evil difficulty for first playthrough. It was all fine until the Burch boss battle where I was hardly putting a dent since my weapons weren't upgraded enough so I finished the first playthrough on normal. I did evil difficulty on NG+ and it was much more balanced. 

(There was also hardly any boss guides so made it harder)

Fun and challenging game nonetheless which reminded me of older games where there was countless enemies at once 

Edited by SCREWBWOI
  • Like 2

Another thing I'm curious about, are there checkpoints in the game? I have tried searching for what is the checkpoint system is like but can't find anything on it. As it's basically a linear game where you go from room to room fighting enemies, if you die, do you get a checkpoint after each area or is it simply if you die at all in the level, you got back to the start? I've read some bosses have checkpoints but that's about it. Thanks 😀

On 1/2/2024 at 6:57 AM, ZekkenAlter said:

How many hours is needed to platinum this and are there any missable trophies to be aware of. I'm just downloading it right now so I'm curious 🧐

The Power Pyx guide is a great resource if you need a roadmap. Missables would be the boss trophies requiring you to finish them under certain conditions and the collectables since the game will bar you from reentering certain areas if you go past them. Time to plat I'd put around 20 hours. It's a short game but playing on Evil might take time in terms of retries.

On 1/2/2024 at 12:57 PM, ZekkenAlter said:

How many hours is needed to platinum this and are there any missable trophies to be aware of. I'm just downloading it right now so I'm curious 🧐

Depends on how you approach this. As i did my first full playthrough with all the collectibles i was only able to buy half of the upgrades and perks. So i did a second playthrough collecting most of the money again and i was able buy all upgrades within chapter 15 and had enough skill points for most of the perks but not all. 

I did this on purpose as i wanted to go for Evil with a fully upgraded character. With the collectible guide first playthrough, second playthrough and Evil (that i'm currently doing) i think it clocks in at around 35 hours for me. If you just do one run and go for Evil on the Second it probably gets down to 25-30 hours i thin. Also depending how fast i get specific trophies. For example on my normal run i tried to get the boss sepcific trophy for not killing the Drones within the first boss fight. But the tropy didn't pop (maybe i killed one of them due to specific electricity perks). Then within the final boss fight i died like 4 times and healed 20 times or so. But received the trophy for not using the health dispenser.

On 1/2/2024 at 12:57 PM, ZekkenAlter said:

took me like 16 Hours for Both runs , normal and evil at NG+

• 4 weeks later...

First off, thanks for your videos Ben. I’m using your collectible guides on YT and it’s nice to know you’ve got walkthroughs as well in case I need them later. 🙂

One quick question - I started the game with manual aiming toggled on, but I’m a few chapters in and it seems like this game was designed to be played with aim assist on and using snap lock for enemy weak spots etc.

Are these aim assists allowed on Evil difficulty as well? I just want to make sure I don’t screw myself later by turning them on now and building up a reliance on them.

14 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

First off, thanks for your videos Ben. I’m using your collectible guides on YT and it’s nice to know you’ve got walkthroughs as well in case I need them later. 🙂

One quick question - I started the game with manual aiming toggled on, but I’m a few chapters in and it seems like this game was designed to be played with aim assist on and using snap lock for enemy weak spots etc.

Are these aim assists allowed on Evil difficulty as well? I just want to make sure I don’t screw myself later by turning them on now and building up a reliance on them.

Aim assist works on all difficulties. Though to be honest it can be very annoying at times when you want to aim for something specific because the auto aim is a bit resistant when you want to move from a snap shot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, majob said:

Aim assist works on all difficulties. Though to be honest it can be very annoying at times when you want to aim for something specific because the auto aim is a bit resistant when you want to move from a snap shot.

Thanks! I ended up turning it on after all. I was worried I was going to ruin my aim and not build up any shooting skills, but now that I’ve played for a few hours it’s very clear that the game was actually designed to be played with auto-aim. I actually find myself using melee attacks more than anything, so the aiming feature is mainly for quickly targeting weak spots on enemies at range, or shooting TNT bundles etc. Having it off puts you at a big disadvantage.

I agree that it can be a little annoying when you’re trying to aim for a specific target, but there is an option to disable sustained target locking which helps a bit. Maybe try that out and see if it helps.