Gears/Coins

Konycjusz

Am I doing something wrong?

I just finished every race in campaign, I opened roughly 7 boxes (bought from store few, maybe 4) and I am sitting at 3,3k gears and 27k Coins. This is not even 1/5 required gears for Platinum. How can I possibly get there ;o I have unopened 20 boxes so I guess It can be enough for save exploit and if I get lucky I will have 100 opened and re-do the save thing and focus on selling everything and opening again boxes to make missing 75 k coins. But what about those damn gears? From scraping vehicles there is barely something (50 for common etc…) Any ideas hot to speed up the process? I am not willing to put 30 more hours just to make gears, it is crazy ;o

Focus on the Unleashed objectives, then with all the money, buy every blind boxes you can. This will grant you Box collector.
Then upgrade common and rare vehicles to get the corresponding trophies. 
Then sell everything for unbridled luxury (getting 100k coins)
Now you should have a bunch of money, buy the most blind boxes you can again, upgrade only the commons vehicles, then dismantle everything.

From now on, youll have to grind races, buy blind boxes, upgrade the common ones, dismantle everything you can, rinse and repeat.
Play on easy, do the circuit that takes less than 2 min (i forgot the name, but its one of the first), open a youtube video/netflix and play without focusing too much on the game. Easy wins. You get about 400 coins per races. I did it and took me about a whole day.

With a bit of commitment youll get through it. You can also do multiplayer, but races are often longer.

Imaging what it wouldve been, before the october update, where people only got 50 coins instead of 400. It's insane.

• Like 2

Yeah i got all the grindy throphies but the 25k gears and 100 quick races podium. Will do the upgrade-dismantle method. Currently about 11/12k gears. I wish all developers would put statistics into their games like for example dirt 5 had, but I guess we can’t have everything, can we? :) Thanks guys, this helps a lot!

It's not hard at all, just boring and time consuming. 

Keep repeating a short race, buy boxes and scrap all the cars you get, upgrade common to rare then dismantle to get 100 gears instead of 50. If you are lucky some legendary cars or super treasures hunt will surely appear, those are a little bit more valuable. You should finish in 4 or 5 hours. 

The grind is real for this one but I'm having more fun with online tracks than redoing the same one against the CPU. Sure I might have to do a longer track once in a while but for most it will be a quick one.

I'm more frustrated and tired of going for the Unleashed Goal than the gear grind. Still 10 left for Unleashed Goal ...