disappointed... no sound in ps4 recorded videos of the game

on nba 2k14 i read that this has something to do with the copyright of the music in the game or whatever, but come on... when i wanna upload a gameplay video to facebook, no one wants to watch a replay of a videogame with no sound, especially where the sound is half the fun. i say devs should either allow the sound to be recorded, too, or don't even bother letting us record any gameplay of their game at all. what's the point?

i knew someone would misunderstand that, as soon as i posted it. ha i WAS referring to dead nation... i only referenced nba 2k14 when giving a possible reason as to why dead nation doesn't have sound in its recorded gameplay videos, either. relax...  :lol:

no. it's just hit or miss... u can record the last 15 minutes of ur gameplay on any game, and then edit the begin and end time for any gameplay video u wanna upload to facebook. but... i read that some games can prevent u from doing this in parts or all of the game, and also with regards to the sound. with dead nation, the crunching of dead zombie bodies under ur feet, tin cans and other things being kicked, the sound of ur guns, etc.... just creae more ambience that make the game that much more fun. without that sound... the gameplay video is junk. ha. 

Edited by jim488

there is no capture device, other than the ps4, itself. the ps4 constantly records everything u do. it's only when u press the "share" button that u r then taken to a screen that allows u to do 1 of 2 things or both... look at the screenshot u were just on... or view a video of the last 15 minutes of gameplay... or even internet browsing, for that matter... depending on what u were doing on ur ps4 for the last 15 minutes. it's at that time u can either upload a picture to twitter or facebook... or upload the video (which u can edit the beginning and ending times to, as i previously stated) to facebook. it's a cool feature, IF the video AND audio can BOTH be included. but, from what i've gathered, it is the developer's right to disallow one or both of these things. it's just unfortunate when they do, and i don't understand why... other than the copyright infringement on the music, which is what 2K used as their excuse for not including audio in the nba 2k14 video replays. i just don't see dead nation having the same type of music that nba 2k14 does, so i don't understand the reason for not including it for this game's recorded videos.

You do know that you have to configure sound to play through your headset then set the SHARE function to pick up sound from the headset....

Right?

it's not about sound through the headset. i don't use a headset. i'm talking about sharing a gameplay video and uploading it to facebook. the video plays, but there is no sound. nba2k14 is the same way and i read that it's because of the music included in the game. then, just yesterday, a friend of mine told me he recorded a video of him playing war thunder, uploaded it to youtube, and youtube claimed the video because he recorded all the way to the end of a battle where it went back to the menu, and there was in-game music playing. it all has to do with copyrights and music i guess... it's all ridiculous, if u ask me.

it's not about sound through the headset. i don't use a headset. i'm talking about sharing a gameplay video and uploading it to facebook. the video plays, but there is no sound. nba2k14 is the same way and i read that it's because of the music included in the game. then, just yesterday, a friend of mine told me he recorded a video of him playing war thunder, uploaded it to youtube, and youtube claimed the video because he recorded all the way to the end of a battle where it went back to the menu, and there was in-game music playing. it all has to do with copyrights and music i guess... it's all ridiculous, if u ask me.

Yeah, That's how you get sound onto your videos... just making sure the newbies know what they're doing

Yeah, That's how you get sound onto your videos... just making sure the newbies know what they're doing

not sure what ur talking about, since i don't use a headset, but ok. :) that still doesn't help me to get sound onto gameplay videos that i upload to facebook and eventually to youtube... if the developer doesn't allow there to be any sound on the the recorded gameplay.

not sure what ur talking about, since i don't use a headset, but ok. :) that still doesn't help me to get sound onto gameplay videos that i upload to facebook and eventually to youtube... if the developer doesn't allow there to be any sound on the the recorded gameplay.

No No NO.

Unfortunately for you a Headset is required to record sound, Then again a pair of headphones will do just fine....

Do you get it now!?

No No NO.

Unfortunately for you a Headset is required to record sound, Then again a pair of headphones will do just fine....

Do you get it now!?

you're not understanding what i'm saying... this might help: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Dead-Nation-Shared-No-Audio/td-p/43082955

or this...

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/19/2k-sports-clarifies-audio-issues-with-nba-2k14-streaming.aspx

it's a streaming licensing issue... that has nothing to do with headphones. do YOU get it now!? haha

If you have a PS4 camera you can at least turn the sound up on the television and place the camera close to the television.

It's probably the best way to get game sounds in your uploaded video until they patch it, or confirm it's intentional. It also picks up the controller sounds, which can add to the effect.