Assassin's Creed Valhalla Leaves PS Plus Extra on 20th December

Hexcellion

8 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

I just finished the last trophy in the last DLC, and my in-game timer says 209 hours.

With less than a month until it leaves, I wouldn't recommend starting it now if your plan is not to pay for it.

I would like to know if it's really the last dlc.

They just keep releasing one after the other 

8 hours ago, ipot_04 said:

Which Trophy Packs are the free DLCs?

So far, I only know DLC Trophy Packs 1, 3, 5 and 7 are paid DLCs

While DLC Trophy Packs 4 and 8 are free DLCs.

Wrath of the Druids, Siege of Paris, and Dawn of Ragnarok are the paid DLCs. The rest (Mastery Challenges, Tombs of the Fallen, Forgotten Saga) are all free. The Last Chapter will be free, but we don't know if it will include any new trophies yet.

There's also Isle of Skye and River Raids as free DLC, but those don't have trophies associated with them for some reason.

• Like 2

Slightly off topic:

I have PS+ and extra till end of the year.  I would like to buy essential for next year (we all need it) but it doesn't let me/ can't find it.

To OP:

You are looking at at least 150 to 100% but that's if you are fast.  Realistically 200-230 hours. 

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 1

Took me around 150 hours and I never did finish all the free dlc trophies. I was way too burnt out after the gigantic slog this game is. I couldnt imagine paying for the Season Pass content without taking a break for a few months. 

They should have cut 50 hours of base game content and tightened this one up alot more. I swear they said Valhalla was less bloated than Odyssey, but its basically twice as long.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Deezle34 said:

today is the 3rd and its not letting me play it. says i need to have premium

If you have PS Plus Premium like I do, then it’s usually a connection issue with the streaming service. It’s happened to me a few times and I needed to alternate between waiting a few minutes and restarting my console before the issue resolved itself.

I've had to stream since the beginning of the month (I must not have the specific plan to download it anymore, not really sure). Before then I was playing the downloaded version. Other than a freeze, which never happened with the downloaded version, I haven't had may issues streaming. Other than a few frame rate slow downs. I do have an ethernet line directly into my PS4

I was going to attempt it with ~30 days, but once I found out that base game + DLC could ride you 200 hours, I opted out.

If it didn’t have super long DLC I might have tried it but I don’t have the patience to ONLY play Assassin’s Creed for a month ?

22 hours ago, Long-Ryde said:

I was going to attempt it with ~30 days, but once I found out that base game + DLC could ride you 200 hours, I opted out.

If it didn’t have super long DLC I might have tried it but I don’t have the patience to ONLY play Assassin’s Creed for a month 1f605.png

I can't imagine burning through this one all at once. It gets INCREDIBLY repetitive. The story is supposed to be 60 hours. I'm not sure about this, but I still have several regions to conquer and I'm at the 110 hour mark. The 782 collectibles are something else. Not only do you have to travel to each location of the collectible, but there is always a minor puzzle to solve to gain the collectible. Let's say you spend 5 minutes on each collectible, you are talking about 65 hours of gameplay. 5 mins per collectible is IMO a very conservative estimate.

I've enjoyed the game over the 2 months I've been playing, but I'm only playing until I get bored, moving onto other games until I'm ready to jump back in. I think it is very doubtful I'll finish by the end of the year, but I'll likely grab a game of the year edition when it is on sale. It is a good game and I still enjoy it more than Odyssey, but it is one of those games that you play while you're listening to a podcast or watching something on youtube.

Edited by cobaltTangerine
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 11:15 AM, Trophy_System_ said:

Finished the basegame today, took me 110 hours to get the platinum 

Wow, I have no idea how this is possible. I'm skipping cut scenes, doing an area, collecting collectibles as I go and finishing the rest in each area, riding my horse everywhere and fast traveling, not looting, and I still have 3 or 4 regions to finish and I'm at 110 hours. I took it slow the first few hours, but got down to mainlining everything at around the 5 hour mark. I will say a few story beats interested me, so I read through the cut scenes. The only thing I can think of is leaving the game idle and gaining time from that, which I have a tendency to do. In any case, this has to be the largest game I've played to date.

On 18-12-2022 at 2:40 PM, cobaltTangerine said:

Wow, I have no idea how this is possible. I'm skipping cut scenes, doing an area, collecting collectibles as I go and finishing the rest in each area, riding my horse everywhere and fast traveling, not looting, and I still have 3 or 4 regions to finish and I'm at 110 hours. I took it slow the first few hours, but got down to mainlining everything at around the 5 hour mark. I will say a few story beats interested me, so I read through the cut scenes. The only thing I can think of is leaving the game idle and gaining time from that, which I have a tendency to do. In any case, this has to be the largest game I've played to date.

I did the same thing,haven't skipped any of the cutscenes since i found it an interesting story. After finishing an arc I completed all the mysteries, wealth, artifacts (left some alpha animals, daughters of lerion to return to later with a higher power level). Getting the Incendiary Powder trap was a helpfull skill to easily break walls without getting the oil flasks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trophy_System_ said:

I did the same thing,haven't skipped any of the cutscenes since i found it an interesting story. After finishing an arc I completed all the mysteries, wealth, artifacts (left some alpha animals, daughters of lerion to return to later with a higher power level). Getting the Incendiary Powder trap was a helpfull skill to easily break walls without getting the oil flasks.

Yep, the Incendiary Powder Trap is the one essential skill in the game. It'll cut hours off your play-through.

• Like 1