Are the raids still possible solo?

MoonAtomic_

Edit - thanks for the helpful replies! I'll level up a bit more and possibly try and find a partner/group.

Hey everyone :)

I was just wondering if The Vault Of Glass or Crotas Raid are doable while solo? All the videos that I've seen are naturally quite old now and I was wondering if there are any players who have done it recently? If so, which one do you recommend and please do you have any tips? 

Edited by mattfry94

If you have to ask, you are not going to be able to do it, quite frankly. I would think if any are solo'able it's crota, but even that would be incredibly hard to pull off. Most raids have mechanics, in at least one encounter, that requires at least 2 people. I don't know how you would pull off oracles in VoG, Totems in KF, or Vosik in Wrath, for example. Looking at your profile you haven't done the last 2 raids, or flawlessed a raid, so solo is probably out of the question. Don't mean to sound rude, just being honest. Flawless raider 2 manning crota is the way to go (sword cheese over the bridge), for the rest you pretty much have to just set up sessions and hope you get non-aholes. Or play d2 and meet a clan that you like and ask them to help you in D1. You'll basically need to be carried by a god tier player to do most of those raids with less than 4 people.

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

If you have to ask, you are not going to be able to do it, quite frankly. I would think if any are solo'able it's crota, but even that would be incredibly hard to pull off. Most raids have mechanics, in at least one encounter, that requires at least 2 people. I don't know how you would pull off oracles in VoG, Totems in KF, or Vosik in Wrath, for example. Looking at your profile you haven't done the last 2 raids, or flawlessed a raid, so solo is probably out of the question. Don't mean to sound rude, just being honest. Flawless raider 2 manning crota is the way to go (sword cheese over the bridge), for the rest you pretty much have to just set up sessions and hope you get non-aholes. Or play d2 and meet a clan that you like and ask them to help you in D1. You'll basically need to be carried by a god tier player to do most of those raids with less than 4 people.

I was looking into the possibility of maybe finishing up Destiny for its platinum as I really enjoyed the game back in the day. The last trophy I needed was the flawless trophy but never had consistent groups and eventually just fell off the game. D

Thanks for the helpful information, appreciate it. I'll look into maybe finding a group and maybe even one day return to D2. 

For flawless raider, you'll want to find a second person who knows what they're doing and can help you through Crota. It requires a trick of sword skating over the bridge, IIRC hunter was easiest to pull it off but don't take my word for it. It wasn't TOO bad back in the day as long as you knew what to do and had proper gear. Just remember if either person dies that's it for that run, so 2 people is best to try. Any more just complicates things. Both of you should watch vids and know the process before attempting. I'm sure if you pop on the destiny discord eventually you can find someone who is bored and just wants to prove their dominance over the game lol. It was an abysmal trophy for them to add into the game honestly, I feel like 99% of people that have it just used the crota cheese to get it. Regardless it is not all that easy, it will take a good amount of trial and error.

Edited by ChibsSoA

6 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

I was looking into the possibility of maybe finishing up Destiny for its platinum as I really enjoyed the game back in the day. The last trophy I needed was the flawless trophy but never had consistent groups and eventually just fell off the game. D

Thanks for the helpful information, appreciate it. I'll look into maybe finding a group and maybe even one day return to D2. 

If you're looking for a group to run raids, the legacy destiny discord runs D1 raids daily all day long

https://discord.com/invite/SrmZdmt

Last Destiny City is the name of the group

• Like 1

Crota is definitely doable solo. And it's definitely been done by more than 100 people. Hard has maybe only been done by 100 people but Normal is doable.

I wouldn't count on it unless you have the Solar exotic sword from TTK DLC though. I've "almost" done it like a dozen times but always fell just short cause I was trying it with the Arc sword.

Now... I didn't play Rise of Iron. There might be better gear choices. That I can't comment on. I was attempting it on PS3. Just watch some guides on YouTube.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If you're looking for a group to run raids, the legacy destiny discord runs D1 raids daily all day long

https://discord.com/invite/SrmZdmt

Last Destiny City is the name of the group

Thanks very much! That's awesome to know 

6 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Crota is definitely doable solo. And it's definitely been done by more than 100 people. Hard has maybe only been done by 100 people but Normal is doable.

I wouldn't count on it unless you have the Solar exotic sword from TTK DLC though. I've "almost" done it like a dozen times but always fell just short cause I was trying it with the Arc sword.

Now... I didn't play Rise of Iron. There might be better gear choices. That I can't comment on. I was attempting it on PS3. Just watch some guides on YouTube.

If I remember correctly I should have the solar sword and did the sword trick back in the day too? Man, it's been a quite a few years. Thanks for the reply though and for helping out! I appreciate it a lot 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/11/2022 at 2:40 PM, KingGuy420 said:

Edit - never mind, it's all good now! Finished up the remaining trophy with a really kind group! Even offered to help come back and do it for my bestfriend when they reach that moment too!

Is the sword you're speaking of the Raze Light? I do have that sword! Would you mind dropping some more details with how you were proceeding with your run on Crotas End solo?

Edited by mattfry94
Clarification and information