Why am I not getting any trophies by finishing chapters?

kiD-R0cks7

Dunno, but the same exact thing just recently happened to me when playing Defiance. I played through the entire Arkbreaker DLC and didn't get a single trophy for it...not even the progress related ones.

Are you getting any of the other trophies beside the story progress related ones?

Maybe you changed the difficulty to a lower one while playing  :hmm:

No,I never changed it I don't even know how,or can't remember.

Did you activate in game cheats or something?

Nope. Don't know how.

Dunno, but the same exact thing just recently happened to me when playing Defiance. I played through the entire Arkbreaker DLC and didn't get a single trophy for it...not even the progress related ones.

Are you getting any of the other trophies beside the story progress related ones?

Yeah. I did. The only one I can remember is the headshot one.

Did you activate in game cheats or something?

No

Maybe you changed the difficulty to a lower one while playing  :hmm:

Never did this either

I deleted all patch data, reinstalled the game and patches...still nothing. I email Trion Worlds about the issue and this was their response:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We are very sorry that you experience issue with the trophies of DLC 2. As we cannot modify the Playstation Trophy System we advise you to contact Sony and explain them your issue.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance."

I called Sony and the girl on the phone had no idea what she was doing! She was about to have me reformat my HDD as a troubleshooting method despite how many times I told her that it was just this game giving me these issues. Oh and I cleared my PS3's file system, cache, and database...still no trophies popping. :(

No

Never did this either

I deleted all patch data, reinstalled the game and patches...still nothing. I email Trion Worlds about the issue and this was their response:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We are very sorry that you experience issue with the trophies of DLC 2. As we cannot modify the Playstation Trophy System we advise you to contact Sony and explain them your issue.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance."

I called Sony and the girl on the phone had no idea what she was doing! She was about to have me reformat my HDD as a troubleshooting method despite how many times I told her that it was just this game giving me these issues. Oh and I cleared my PS3's file system, cache, and database...still no trophies popping. :(

Here's a few things I always try when I'm having trouble with unlocking trophies

- Try earning an easy trophy on a dummy account

- Reinstall the game

- Play without any patches

- Back up your save file and create a new one

When trophies don't unlock it usually is a disc error, there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Some people experience glitched trophies for a certain game while others have no problems whatsoever. If any of this doesn't help you're just out of luck.

If you really want your trophies you can trade in your retail disc if you still have the receipt. Whenever you buy a game you buy the license to the media product, therefore the publisher is obligated to send you a new copy should you desire so. Shouldn't cost more than $5, which is always better than buying a new game you already own. This is called a media replacement.