Fun Racing Game Platinums

TotalGreenpeace

Hi guys,

I‘m currently looking for a fun Racing Game to plat, unfortunately I can‘t seem to find that many games that fit for me.

The game can be on any platform but it shouldn‘t be too difficult and, if at all possible, not contain any multiplayer trophies, or at least no difficult/very grindy ones.

My best example would be Dirt 5, absolutely loved to platinum that game, I even did it two times on PS4 and PS5.

I‘d really appreciate some of your suggestions!  

• Like 2

I think Dirt 5 is the worst of the series ? 

I recommend Dirt Rally 2.0 since i think Dirt 3, 4 and Rally have unobtainable trophies due to server shutdown or missing online pass.

I've played Mantis Burn Racing and it is a nice arcade racer with an easy :platinum: but if you want the dlc trophies it'll get much harder.

• Like 2

There are some racing games that are pretty easy and are very fun to play.

Maybe the best one would be Grid Legends, has no MP and shouldn't be too difficult.

Wreckfest also might be a great title although that one has 1 (very easy boostable) MP trophy. Same goes for Burnout Paradise, this one has 1 very annoying MP trophy, the rest is very easy and the game is great. There are a lot of racing games though that have a small MP part but offer easier plats. for me Gravel comes to mind, fun game but has some MP.

Recently Hot Wheels Unleashed was released, that could also be a good suggestion. Newer Need for Speed titles also offer little MP and are solid games. Project Cars 3 also has very little MP and is a good racing game. The Crew 2 is technically fully online but most can be done solo. 

If you want some more challenge but still a fun time i can also recommend:

Trackmania Turbo (amazing game, plat is a 9, maybe 10/10 difficulty though)

Grip

Flatout 4

Baja Edge of Control

But for you the best recommendations would be Grid Legends and Wreckfest i think.

• Like 3

I don't remember exactly the trophies but Horizon Chase Turbo? I think it doesn't have MP. I've been playing on the switch and it's really fun, specially with the Senna DLC if you like F1.

F1 are also super fun to complete but sadly there's a bit of a grind online if you want the 100%

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TotalGreenpeace said:

Hi guys,

I‘m currently looking for a fun Racing Game to plat, unfortunately I can‘t seem to find that many games that fit for me.

The game can be on any platform but it shouldn‘t be too difficult and, if at all possible, not contain any multiplayer trophies, or at least no difficult/very grindy ones.

My best example would be Dirt 5, absolutely loved to platinum that game, I even did it two times on PS4 and PS5.

I‘d really appreciate some of your suggestions!  

Project Cars 3 (base game, no the DLC...), Grid Legends, Wreckfest, Gravel...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lars said:

There are some racing games that are pretty easy and are very fun to play.

Maybe the best one would be Grid Legends, has no MP and shouldn't be too difficult.

Wreckfest also might be a great title although that one has 1 (very easy boostable) MP trophy. Same goes for Burnout Paradise, this one has 1 very annoying MP trophy, the rest is very easy and the game is great. There are a lot of racing games though that have a small MP part but offer easier plats. for me Gravel comes to mind, fun game but has some MP.

Recently Hot Wheels Unleashed was released, that could also be a good suggestion. Newer Need for Speed titles also offer little MP and are solid games. Project Cars 3 also has very little MP and is a good racing game. The Crew 2 is technically fully online but most can be done solo. 

If you want some more challenge but still a fun time i can also recommend:

Trackmania Turbo (amazing game, plat is a 9, maybe 10/10 difficulty though)

Grip

Flatout 4

Baja Edge of Control

But for you the best recommendations would be Grid Legends and Wreckfest i think.

This is a solid list. I definitely enjoyed Crew 2. Project Cars remains on my radar.

Didn't care for Hot Wheels. It's ok, but feels like a massive missed opportunity due to a number of design flaws. Onrush was good, but I think the plat is now unobtainable.

As a more obscure offering, Art of Rally looks fantastic. Physical is coming out shortly so looking forward to playing that. I also enjoyed Gear Shifters, but that's more of a twin stick than an actual racer.

• Like 1

Horizon Chase Turbo: Very fun old-school racing, excellent soundtrack, plenty of content and easy trophies. Super super recommend.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered: Top notch Burnout-like gameplay, all DLC included (some vehicles were removed due to licensing issues) and MP trophies that require little effort (boosting might be needed depending on server activity). 30 fps is a bummer though.

Burnout Paradise Remastered: Same deal as NFSHP. The removal of that damn trophy that required an USB camera is a blessing.

I still recommend the MotorStorm games even though the first one doesn't have trophy support and the other ones have unobtainable plats. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:53 AM, coldspectre said:

Split Second Velocity, which is infamous as a masterpiece 

I'll second this. I had a blast with it. Getting all golds was challenging and there is some boosting needed for online trophies but it was a great game and rewarding platinum.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, plafix68 said:

I'll second this. I had a blast with it. Getting all golds was challenging and there is some boosting needed for online trophies but it was a great game and rewarding platinum.

Online is still up, but the game dates to 2010. People recommended me this, hopefully I’m not too late before the inevitable server closure. Online trophies are easily obtained with a second controller.