FNV PS+ Premium Streaming Performance

da-Noob123

I have been playing this game on my PS3 but it has stopped reading discs recently. I wanted to know how Fallout New Vegas runs when streaming it on a PS5. Currently, my internet is 500mbps and I am connected wirelessly. 

Also, I understand the version available to stream is not the Ultimate Edition so is there a way to access the DLC?

It is (essentially) kjust running on a PS3, so there are no performance gains. Streaming performance can differ from person to person, and having good bandwidth isn't necessarily a measure of a good experience. If the streaming version doesn't have any DLC included, there is no way to get DLC to work, it is not supported via streaming.

Edited by NewDust
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I have been playing this game on my PS3 but it has stopped reading discs recently. I wanted to know how Fallout New Vegas runs when streaming it on a PS5. Currently, my internet is 500mbps and I am connected wirelessly. 

Also, I understand the version available to stream is not the Ultimate Edition so is there a way to access the DLC?

Just change to a new laser 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just wanted to put my two cents here as I wish someone would have said this to me sooner: I always wanted to play fallout 3 and new vegas but found it unplayable on PS+ streaming. Not just the latency issues but i found the game ran just awful. 

recently i bought a ps3 and the game runs SIGNIFICANTLY better. Like night and day. 

TLDR; ps3 disc version is the way to go. streaming it was atrocious, and i like to think i have a pretty stable internet connection.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MiloBooth said:

Just wanted to put my two cents here as I wish someone would have said this to me sooner: I always wanted to play fallout 3 and new vegas but found it unplayable on PS+ streaming. Not just the latency issues but i found the game ran just awful. 

recently i bought a ps3 and the game runs SIGNIFICANTLY better. Like night and day. 

TLDR; ps3 disc version is the way to go. streaming it was atrocious, and i like to think i have a pretty stable internet connection.  

I have a few questions about that then:

Which PS3 did you buy?

How many hours did you play FNV?

How many MB is your save?

My save atm is 10MB and if I lucky the game freezes after a 3-4 hours in. :)

11 hours ago, Bmercenary said:

Which PS3 did you buy?

Having played Fallout 3, NV, and Skyrim on the PS3, 10mb is where these games start getting laggy. My F3 save got so big during Broken Steel I had to wait a few minutes after loading or fast traveling before I could move because it was like 1 frame per 30 seconds. I had to go back to earlier saves for the other DLC's, had to do the same for NV.

13 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Having played Fallout 3, NV, and Skyrim on the PS3, 10mb is where these games start getting laggy. My F3 save got so big during Broken Steel I had to wait a few minutes after loading or fast traveling before I could move because it was like 1 frame per 30 seconds. I had to go back to earlier saves for the other DLC's, had to do the same for NV.

Damn, you had it worse than me.

Just for maintenance reasons I opened my PS3 and refreshed the thermal paste and battery.

Maybe that helped a bit.

1 hour ago, Bmercenary said:

Damn, you had it worse than me.

Just for maintenance reasons I opened my PS3 and refreshed the thermal paste and battery.

Maybe that helped a bit.

Overall performance definitely but the way Bethesda programmed those 3 games on the PS3, it remembered like everything you did. All the chests, sacks, barrels you opened, every place you entered, and that was saved in your save which is why they start running so poorly. Poor performance is inevitable the longer you play.

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Overall performance definitely but the way Bethesda programmed those 3 games on the PS3, it remembered like everything you did. All the chests, sacks, barrels you opened, every place you entered, and that was saved in your save which is why they start running so poorly. Poor performance is inevitable the longer you play.

I have to wait and see what it really does with my game when Im done with the dlc and go back to that main game XD

22 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Mine ran great until I got towards the end of the main quest. I've done a lot of the side stuff too but no dlc. I think I'll jump back to a much earlier save when I play the dlc

Yeah, Im doing all the DLC before all the main quest endings. Ow boy, the random freezes and crashes...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 10:33 AM, Bmercenary said:

Which PS3 did you buy?

Insert image from URL

sorry for late reply! i have ps3 slim, though not sure the exact specs atm. i played 100 hours total, 65~ of which were on the same save. i got my file up to around 9mb before i started reloading old saves for dlc. after 8 it really got bad and i required a reset every couple hours. im curious how it turned out for you!

12 hours ago, MiloBooth said:

sorry for late reply! i have ps3 slim, though not sure the exact specs atm. i played 100 hours total, 65~ of which were on the same save. i got my file up to around 9mb before i started reloading old saves for dlc. after 8 it really got bad and i required a reset every couple hours. im curious how it turned out for you!

Hi! No problem. I finished the game with all the dlc yesterday…finally. Total hours comes up to 248 and my save is now between 11-12 MB. My fps dropped every 15 minutes and compleet freeze random every 30 minutes. So I wish you luck when you want to 100% the game! May the fps be in your favor!

On 11/29/2022 at 9:15 AM, da-Noob123 said:

My internet is the cheapest one I can get lol 50mbps download , and I stream games and play multiplayer with no issues , if I’m hosting a share play though people have said there’s lag but I don’t have any (maybe because I’m the host not sure how that works).

But yeah I streamed Sam and max ps3 entirely the other week without issue, and a while ago I platinumed sly cooper 1 by streaming as well.

4 hours ago, OutcastGuy50 said:

Is this all PS3 games that can't stream on the PS5 when using the PS+ service but is there download option on the PS3 console or spend another $400.00cdn on PS+ upgrade or when adding higher tired option.I may bought the wrong PS+ service type. 

PS3 games can on PS+ Premium can only be streamed, there is no option to download - even on an actual PS3.

@Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ I am surprised it streaming runs so well for you at 50mbps. I have streamed and platinumed several games since my original post but thank you for sharing your experience. 

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Shep_of_Coseley said:

If I stream fallout new Vegas on my ps5 will it let me continue my progress from my ps3 if I have my save on the cloud?

I think if your save is the digital version the saves are cross compatible but if it is the disc version they won't be. I think it also has to be the base game version not Ultimate.