PS+ Essential December 2022's games

Abby_TheLastofUs

Rate December 2022's PS+ Essential's lineup  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Rate December 2022's PS+ Essential's lineup

2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

• Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
    • Biomutant
    • Divine Knockout

25 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

No previous or current PS Plus/Now game?? It's a miracle lol. Good month if you're a PS5 or standard PS4 owner. Would like to play Mass Effect but looking at the Digital Foundry video the performance is all over the place on PS4 Pro as usual. Did they ever update the games to fix the issues? Wouldn't surprise me if the didn't. 

Playing on a base PS4, I don't recall any issues with the Mass Effect Legendary edition. I can't speak to any issues on the Pro.

Surprisingly, this looks to be a pretty good month. I own ME already and Biomutant piqued my interest, can't speak to the last game.

Literally just last night. Roughly 12 hours ago I thought to myself

"huh, I've never played mass effect. I've heard many of great things over the past 15 years. Maybe I should get the legendary collection next time it's on sale. And finally see what all the fuss is about" 

Plus biomutant seemed pretty cool, also haven't gotten around to that either. 

It's an objectively very good lineup. 

Mass Effect is a legendary franchise.

Biomutant is right on the edge of buy/don't buy for many people.

Divine Knockout is launching on Plus.

Personally I won't be taking any because I'm just not interested in ME and I've already played (and only mildly enjoyed) Biomutant and the online arena game is not what I play. Actually, I wonder how much that game will cost? Most arena games go F2P either right away or shortly after launch. I wonder if we're getting a game that's going to be free anyway?

Great way to round out the year. I played the first two Mass Effect games back in the day but never got around to playing the third one. This will be a great way to revisit these games and finally finish the trilogy. And Biomutant is the perfect game that looks interesting enough to play but I probably wouldn't have never bought.

Mass Effect is a great addition, but I already had my playthrough with the games and I don't see myself doing it again, cause it always leads to terrible Mass Effect 3.

Biomutant however was really disappointing as its open world is really bland and quests are really uninteresting boring tasks with a basic story that everyone will stop carrying after several hours in. I only barely got the platinum after several hours of slog and I never want to play it again. Maybe the furries will find more enjoyment in this.

I don't know anything about the last game.

The Mass Effect Trilogy was on my wishlist for the longest time, before the remaster was announced I even thought of buying the PS3 games someday. Getting these games on PS+ is fantastic news! ?

Biomutant is a game I would never buy, but I'll give it a try since it'll be free wit PS+.

Divine Knockout doesn't interest me in the slightest, and since it's a multiplayer game that comes out with PS+, it'll probably be dead within a few months like many other multiplayer PS+ games before.

27 minutes ago, Champion_Trophy said:

Because of my OCD on my main account i play games with only platinums. So here's my question. It is possible to get 3 platinums on ME games and not trigger 4th trophy list without platinum?

It's impossible, you'll kill many enemies and get the kill trophies.

Looks like it's finally time to play Mass Effect. I bought the PS3 trilogy when it was on sale in the final days of sales for that platform, but never got around to playing it... then I claimed the Legendary Edition trilogy when it was given away for free via Prime Gaming, but once again never got around to playing it... now I can play the Legendary Edition for trophies, so no more excuses!

-Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Still have that physical I hadn't played yet. I wanted to complete the lists on PS3 first. Convenient download for later is convenient.

-Biomutant - This is about the only way I was going to bother with it. Low medium interest.

-DKO - Zero interest.

One convenience, one 'ok sure'. I'm fine with that.

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Biomutant falls into the I would play it, but I wouldn't buy it category. Perfect fit for Plus.

Precisely! Newish AAA titles aren't a good fit for Plus. I want my monthly selection to be a reminder of a game that launched with interest, but that interest waned for whatever reason, but it was never completely lost. Biomutant fits that definition like a XXL Snuggie on Chrissy Metz.

• Like 1

own Mass Effect Trilogy and plat them. Own Biomutant and still never touched it lol.

this month doesn't interest me. Obviously... I will be interested to see what extra/premium gets. Overall a solid start nonetheless. 

Anyone on the fence about Biomutant, I believe that it has a trial on ps5 you can test if you want.

1 hour ago, Champion_Trophy said:

Because of my OCD on my main account i play games with only platinums. So here's my question. It is possible to get 3 platinums on ME games and not trigger 4th trophy list without platinum?

no