Just wanted to clarify Back From Hell Trophy

ragtag7

For those that are struggling, it's not as hard as you think it might be. 

The guide on PSNP hasn't been updated in a minute so I'll just quickly explain it here. 

Hell Difficulty = Extreme Difficulty - Don't know why any website hasn't clarified this but this is what it is. 

The trophy for 50 survival matches does not stack with this trophy. You have to do them separately. 

You can use Fight Money (FM) even if you lose a round to continue the streak. I lost several times and spent 800FM to get back in the fights I lost. I lost maybe 20 times in all of the 100 rounds I played and still unlocked the trophy. Same goes for the 50 round trophy as well.

Just to also be clear, I did buy the Championship edition and it came with some good FM to start out with so for beginners it might be much easier since you are loaded with FM currency. I also completed the story mode which also gave a good amount of FM so that helped. 

I used Ryu and spammed Hadoken and Shoryuken, with some fight tech on the side and got by, I am by no means good at fighting games..yet.

Hope this helps. ✌️

Quick Edit Update: As stated below, you must have the Championship Edition of the game to do what I did, but you can also get by without that version using the save and quit function and uploading your save to PS+ and redownloading when you take an L. 100% recommend Championship Edition to make things easier though. Shoutout to @MohandGamer7 for the tip!

Edited by ragtag7
  • Like 1

You can also save the game between matches and backup your save (to PS+ or USB) then if you die, you can download that save and continue from there. Using FM to resume the match is part of the champion edition and not available for those who don't have the champ edition. For me, I used the save method since I didn't own the champion edition at that time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MohandGamer7 said:

You can also save the game between matches and backup your save (to PS+ or USB) then if you die, you can download that save and continue from there. Using FM to resume the match is part of the champion edition and not available for those who don't have the champ edition. For me, I used the save method since I didn't own the champion edition at that time.

Oh! Good to know! 

So I guess I would 100% recommend getting the Championship Edition if you can. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/29/2022 at 11:19 AM, ragtag7 said:

For those that are struggling, it's not as hard as you think it might be. 

The guide on PSNP hasn't been updated in a minute so I'll just quickly explain it here. 

Hell Difficulty = Extreme Difficulty - Don't know why any website hasn't clarified this but this is what it is. 

The trophy for 50 survival matches does not stack with this trophy. You have to do them separately. 

You can use Fight Money (FM) even if you lose a round to continue the streak. I lost several times and spent 800FM to get back in the fights I lost. I lost maybe 20 times in all of the 100 rounds I played and still unlocked the trophy. Same goes for the 50 round trophy as well.

Just to also be clear, I did buy the Championship edition and it came with some good FM to start out with so for beginners it might be much easier since you are loaded with FM currency. I also completed the story mode which also gave a good amount of FM so that helped. 

I used Ryu and spammed Hadoken and Shoryuken, with some fight tech on the side and got by, I am by no means good at fighting games..yet.

Hope this helps. ✌️

Quick Edit Update: As stated below, you must have the Championship Edition of the game to do what I did, but you can also get by without that version using the save and quit function and uploading your save to PS+ and redownloading when you take an L. !00% recommend Championship Edition to make things easier though. Shoutout to @MohandGamer7 for the tip!

This helped a ton, thank you @ragtag7! Mainly what it made clear to me is Extreme mode wasn’t going to be a waste of time and it was doable. My (incorrect) assumption was that the CPU keeps leveling up after #50, since I noticed on Hard Mode, they started being more consistently Level 6 (and 7) after around #40.

But that’s not what happens. CPU is Level 7 at Match 50 and Level 8 at Match 100. Every 10th match in between I think was Level 6, but the rest (e.g. Matches 51-59, or 61-69, etc) appeared to be purely random, with most being Levels 4 and 5.

So like you said, it isn’t as bad as it looks! It just takes a while…and I’ll emphasize to be sure you have some FM saved up in case you need to use a continue. I used about 15, which costed 800 FM each, so I would go in with at least 20,000 FM to be safe. The Character XP awarded was 40,000, and I got the Level 30 trophy for my character after beating this mode as well. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 6:11 PM, DjMethod said:

This helped a ton, thank you @ragtag7! Mainly what it made clear to me is Extreme mode wasn’t going to be a waste of time and it was doable. My (incorrect) assumption was that the CPU keeps leveling up after #50, since I noticed on Hard Mode, they started being more consistently Level 6 (and 7) after around #40.

But that’s not what happens. CPU is Level 7 at Match 50 and Level 8 at Match 100. Every 10th match in between I think was Level 6, but the rest (e.g. Matches 51-59, or 61-69, etc) appeared to be purely random, with most being Levels 4 and 5.

So like you said, it isn’t as bad as it looks! It just takes a while…and I’ll emphasize to be sure you have some FM saved up in case you need to use a continue. I used about 15, which costed 800 FM each, so I would go in with at least 20,000 FM to be safe. The Character XP awarded was 40,000, and I got the Level 30 trophy for my character after beating this mode as well. 

No worries! I noticed a lot of randomized CPU levels before the 10th match each time as well. Also just as a reminder, don't worry about spending FM, the amount you had still counts towards the 1 million FM trophy, so don't be afraid to spend it when you need to.

Congrats and hope you get the Platinum soon! 

Edited by ragtag7

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

In the easy and normal route I never saw an option of spending fight money. Only points from your highscore for some boosters.

You only get that option when you actually lose after the continue screen.

3 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Hmm, but I did lose on purpose to see if that applies then and there was nothing.

Are you playing the champion edition? It might have something to do with that.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:28 AM, Gommes_ said:

I do. With every season pass too.

There's a chance that maybe it's only available in Hard mode. Try testing with just Hard mode and above and see if it triggers.