What is your favorite game and movie to watch during Christmas season?

Sunny

If I get to play, on Christmas Eve/Day I like to limit myself to non-violent games like racing or sim games (Farming Sim).

I also like to squeeze in a Toys-to-Life game (Skylanders/LEGO Dimensions) during my holiday break because I can leave the figures out all set up.

Otherwise I just play whatever I was playing before.

For movies, well I don't really watch a whole lot of TV/movies except motorsports. I usually just catch up with whatever is on my DVR.

• Like 1

My condolences about your mom Sunny.

I don't really have a Christmas game but the last few I played superhero games:Marvel's Spiderman 2019, Miles Morales 2020, Arkham trilogy 2021, so maybe that might become a tradition for me. Miles Morales takes place during Christmas time and the night I started playing it we got a snow storm so it was just perfect. Perhaps Arkham Origins is in the cards for me this year.

As for movies, some of my all time favorites are: Miracle on 34th Street (the original one), It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, the Christmas stop animations classics like Rudolph, and the first 2 Die Hards.

• Like 3

My favourite Christmas movie is Bad Santa. At the end of the year my work shuts down for around 3 weeks and I always use that time to play a game that’s going to take a long time to complete. This year I’ll be playing The Division 2 which I’ve already started as I’m banking on putting an easy 250 to 300 hours into it.

• Like 2

Game: Maybe play some Super Mario Bros. on the NES Classic, maybe some Goldeneye 64  and Mario 64, along with whatever PlayStation games I'm playing since I'm mostly a PS gamer.

Movies: Home Alone 1 & 2 are absolute classics, also Christmas Vacation, The Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special, A Christmas Story and Bad Santa.

Edited by blake__306
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Void said:

game - what ever i feel like playing

movie - Lethal Weapon 1, Die Hard 1 & 2 and Krampus

Forgot about Krampus, I love that movie.

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

My condolences about your mom Sunny.

I don't really have a Christmas game but the last few I played superhero games:Marvel's Spiderman 2019, Miles Morales 2020, Arkham trilogy 2021, so maybe that might become a tradition for me. Miles Morales takes place during Christmas time and the night I started playing it we got a snow storm so it was just perfect. Perhaps Arkham Origins is in the cards for me this year.

As for movies, some of my all time favorites are: Miracle on 34th Street (the original one), It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, the Christmas stop animations classics like Rudolph, and the first 2 Die Hards.

Thank you for the sentiment, Die Hard is so good, it's hard to explain but some games just gives us that Christmas vibe lol

2 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

My favourite Christmas movie is Bad Santa. At the end of the year my work shuts down for around 3 weeks and I always use that time to play a game that’s going to take a long time to complete. This year I’ll be playing The Division 2 which I’ve already started as I’m banking on putting an easy 250 to 300 hours into it.

Kinda the same with me, I take an almost two months break during the end of the year since I'm mainly a teacher at the moment, so I use the free time to travel and replay some games I love.

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Jingle All The Way!

No seriously.

Who doesn't like seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger punch a Reindeer?

Also, as wholesome as this movie is, it's weird to think how dated some things are, now that we just live in an era where we just order stuff through Amazon to our house, or just digital download and watch things. Still, as complete nonsense and fun Christmas movies from the 90s go, there's just something about Jingle All The Way and Arnie's "amazing acting" that I just love.

PS Sorry to hear of your bereavement.

To tell you the truth I don't think I know this movie? gonna add to the watch list, thank you for the sentiment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blake__306 said:

Game: Maybe play some Super Mario Bros. on the NES Classic, maybe some Goldeneye 64  and Mario 64, along with whatever PlayStation games I'm playing since I'm mostly a PS gamer.

Movies: Home Alone 1 & 2 are absolute classics, also Christmas Vacation, The Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special, A Christmas Story and Bad Santa.

What a coincidence I was just playing Mario 64, love that game so much, Home Alone I only remember the first two which are classics, the rest were pretty garbage iirc.

• Like 2

No specific game. 

Movies, many, Jingle All The Way which i watched yesterday, Home Alone 1&2, Bad Santa 1&2, Santa Claus The Movie, National Lampoon's, The Night Before, Elf, Lethal Weapon, Ghostbusters 2 and of course Die Hard.

Also watch some Christmas Specials like Bottom, Royal Family, Steptoe & Son, Only Fools, Porridge. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Jingle All The Way!

No seriously.

Who doesn't like seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger punch a Reindeer?

Also, as wholesome as this movie is, it's weird to think how dated some things are, now that we just live in an era where we just order stuff through Amazon to our house, or just digital download and watch things. Still, as complete nonsense and fun Christmas movies from the 90s go, there's just something about Jingle All The Way and Arnie's "amazing acting" that I just love.

PS Sorry to hear of your bereavement.

It's turbo time!

Jingle all the way, nice shout!

• Like 1

Can't believe nobody has mentioned It's A Wonderful Life and Miracle on 42nd Street. Also Holiday Inn (where the Bing Crosby song, White Christmas came from.) Guess I'm a slave to the OG classics.

I'm not even sure what a good Christmas game would be. I used to play Demon's Souls once a year, but it's been a few years since I've done that. I'll probably not be gaming much during the holidays as that's usually family time.

4 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned It's A Wonderful Life and Miracle on 42nd Street. Also Holiday Inn (where the Bing Crosby song, White Christmas came from.) Guess I'm a slave to the OG classics.

I'm not even sure what a good Christmas game would be. I used to play Demon's Souls once a year, but it's been a few years since I've done that. I'll probably not be gaming much during the holidays as that's usually family time.

Oh my God, is Miracle on 42nd Street that one with the girl who played Matilda? Completely forgot about that one, I love it.

I also loved Let it Snow, I love goofy movies.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

4 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

It's absolutely understandable that people was not mentioning Wonderful Life. Most want happiness for xmas hence Die hard or even Home alone which is a light drama but with people so sensitive nowadays they won't be enthusiastic to reprise the drama of Wonderful life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

41fe53a4-a00c-4994-b176-036458155370-tex

What movie is that from?

43 minutes ago, savageamusement said:

I used to play The Beatles Rock band (drums usually) every Christmas morning but I haven't been able to the last 2 years, hoping to bring that tradition back this year if possible.

As for films, I've been watching a lot of classic Martial Arts movies this year so probably stick to more of those.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Appreciate the sentiment, talking about martial arts movies, I binged watching a few some months ago, House of The Flying Daggers became one of my favorites.

• Like 1