What is your favorite game and movie to watch during Christmas season?

Sunny

My condolences about your mom. 
I am the same situation about my dad.

I always need/want to watch The Night Before
One or all of The Lord of The rings movies is always nice.

As for game, just the opportunity the get more time to play is something I always look forward to.
This year it will likely be God Of War Ragnarök, which looks like a good Christmas game due to all the snow! ?
Always love to add some classic turn based RPGs game.

2 hours ago, Stedde said:

My condolences about your mom. 
I am the same situation about my dad.

I always need/want to watch The Night Before
One or all of The Lord of The rings movies is always nice.

As for game, just the opportunity the get more time to play is something I always look forward to.
This year it will likely be God Of War Ragnarök, which looks like a good Christmas game due to all the snow! 1f60a.png
Always love to add some classic turn based RPGs game.

Thanks for the sentiment, sorry to hear about your dad, both my parents are gone and it's a very tough situation to say the very least, but what I always tell myself is that there's still people here who love us, so we gotta do our best, about the movies The Lord of Rings trilogy it's always a good choice, I mean if you have the time to sit through the whole thing ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Oh my God, is Miracle on 42nd Street that one with the girl who played Matilda? Completely forgot about that one, I love it.

I also loved Let it Snow, I love goofy movies.

Sorry, I got the street number wrong. The title is Miracle On 34th Street. Surprised nobody corrected me. That film was released in 1947. Matilda was 1996. I seriously doubt any of the actors from one are in the other.

Edit: I just saw that there was a 1994 remake. Yes, it does seem to have the actress from Matilda in it.

I actually find this mixup funny. One of the few movies I believe to be a perfect 10/10, which is uber rare for me to give out, is Ben-Hur. A lot of people look at me sideways when I say that because the only Ben-Hur they know is that abomination from 2016, not the 1959 masterpiece. 

Edited by Kittens Are Awesome
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Sorry, I got the street number wrong. The title is Miracle On 34th Street. Surprised nobody corrected me. That film was released in 1947. Matilda was 1996. I seriously doubt any of the actors from one are in the other.

Edit: I just saw that there was a 1994 remake. Yes, it does seem to have the actress from Matilda in it.

I actually find this mixup funny. One of the few movies I believe to be a perfect 10/10, which is uber rare for me to give out, is Ben-Hur. A lot of people look at me sideways when I say that because the only Ben-Hur they know is that abomination from 2016, not the 1959 masterpiece. 

I didn't know that was a remake so it's all good ? 

Well I have never heard of either version Ben-Hur so I'll check it up, thanks for the tip.

For films my defaults are home alone 1 and 2, gremlins, mickeys once upon and twice upon a Christmas, Nightmare before christmas, and random Christmas episodes from childhood cartoon network and nick shows(codename kids next door, billy and mandy, and invader zims Christmas episodes were especially god tier)

For games, i usually just play whatever but i want but i typically always replay klonoa 2 around Christmas time because of the mountains of mira mira is one of my favorite Christmas themed levels in any game and its short enough to do a quick playthrough on.

Jak & Daxter 1. Not for any reason that's based on the game itself like the snowy mountain location or anything. The whole game just gives me December holiday vibes. 

The same way I used to play Tarzan on PS1 on May 9th (which is a holiday in our country) every year a few years in a row as a kid. I have no explanation.

Edited by Slava

The movie list is pretty real around Christmas:

• Elf
  • Santa Claus 1 and 2
  • Home Alone 1 and 2
  • Die Hard
  • The Holiday
  • Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
  • Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Jingle all the Way

There are other random ones, but I can't think of them right now and some are just too silly to list here...

So far we have been able to save Elf for Christmas day, which is hard because it's probably our favorite in the list.

As for gaming, I like to try and cleanup as much as I can before starting the new year fresh. Last couple of years I would dive into a Yakuza/Judgement game after Christmas. Doesn't look like I'll be doing that this year as I decided to start up a behemoth of a game, Cyberpunk 2077, while still going through Tactics Ogre.

Edited by Grotz99

3 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

The movie list is pretty real around Christmas:

• Elf
  • Santa Claus 1 and 2
  • Home Alone 1 and 2
  • Die Hard
  • The Holiday
  • Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
  • Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Jingle all the Way

There are other random ones, but I can't think of them right now and some are just too silly to list here...

So far we have been able to save Elf for Christmas day, which is hard because it's probably our favorite in the list.

As for gaming, I like to try and cleanup as much as I can before starting the new year fresh. Last couple of years I would dive into a Yakuza/Judgement game after Christmas. Doesn't look like I'll be doing that this year as I decided to start up a behemoth of a game, Cyberpunk 2077, while still going through Tactics Ogre.

How's the platinum journey in Tactics Ogre? I have it downloaded and was thinking of starting it soon.

58 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

How's the platinum journey in Tactics Ogre? I have it downloaded and was thinking of starting it soon.

I'm slowly going through it, but it'll take 3 playthroughs or lots of saves. I kinda went in blind and on one of the last bosses now. There isn't a guide for this version but there are guides for the story paths to follow.

I keep playing what I'm currently playing, Don't really watch movies too much but when I do it's usually on world movies which is a foreign movie channel here. My partner likes action stuff like Die Hard etc etc

So this year it will be Trails Of Cold Steel 2 on the Vita TV, I'm absolutely loving this series. Probably Something on PS2 or PS1, Maybe a Tony Hawk Game? But I would like to finish Forsaken on the PS1or Descent Maximum.

I didn't really think I had a "Christmas game"... but I started to feel a strange hankering to replay Superliminal the other day, and realised that I played it for the first time in the Christmas holidays of 2020, and then replayed it for the DLC trophies in the Christmas holidays of 2021...

...and now, I'm playing the nice new PS5 re-release in Christmas 2022...

... so it seems to have become my accidental "gaming Christmas tradition" at this point! ??

Edited by DrBloodmoney