Gaming goals for 2023?

MidnightDragon

Gonna attempt to bump up my platinum count to 250. My goal for this year was 200, however due to wasting a few months due to housing issues I doubt I'll get much farther than 190. Still, should be able to make up the difference next year.

Also going to try to complete my collection of PSVR games, preferably before my headset finally gives up the ghost. Then I can upgrade to PSVR2 and never look back.

• Like 2

Complete all of the PS4-only games on my wish-list and graduate to PS5 gaming bliss!

Civilization VI  Completed June 22nd, 2023
Erica Completed July 9th, 2023
In Space We Brawl  Completed January 17th, 2023
The Last Guardian  Completed January 11th, 2023
Stranded Deep Completed July 4th, 2023 (4 days before the coop-auto-pop glut) 
Twin Mirror  Completed January 21st, 2023

All done.  Move along 2023, there's nothing left for you here!

Edited by pogo_loco
  • Like 3

• Finish my PS1/PS2 Classics backlog on PS3 (hopeful, but realistically, I think it may take a bit longer than another 12 months)
  • I also have small physical backlogs left for PS2, Gamecube, and a few other ancient consoles. They haven't really been my priority for some time though (mostly because the consoles take up very little space with my current setup, so I don't feel as much urgency to get them into storage ASAP), but I still want to try and complete around 1-3 games for each system this year, especially with my physical backlog for PS2 being fairly small now (8 games left)
  • Try and get some more plats, then attempt my 200th plat milestone (I'm thinking Dark Cloud 2)
  • Finish my PSP backlog on Vita (will very likely get this done, only have 2 games left on it, one I'm currently playing and already about over halfway complete I think)
  • Get through more of my 3DS backlog, but it's not a priority (I foresee this taking me another 2-3 years minimum, especially with how slowly I'm getting through it)
  • Start playing some actual PS5 games (I'm far too content with my old consoles/games, lol)
  • I say this every year, but... try to give my Xbox a bit more attention, especially now that I've gotten a Series X (which feels like I just replaced my previous Xbox rather than getting a brand new, next gen console tbh)
  • Try and complete 100 games. Weird little goal I set for myself every year, probably because of how massive my backlog is. Sometimes I actually do it, sometimes even exceed it, sometimes I don't even get close. I won't be hitting it this year (2022), but I've still completed a-not-too-shabby 77 games, and will likely complete a few more before December is over. That's not including 3-4 replays I did, plus a record number of around 12-15 dropped games (I very rarely drop games, but I've definitely been losing my patience more as I get older)
Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
Forgot to add something
  • Like 3

I have specific games I am to platinum in 2023, some of which will be releasing in 2023. 

On my to-platinum list are Hogwarts Legacy, Persona 3, the PS4 version of 4 Golden, and Ghostwire Tokyo on my PS5.

Clear a few VNs on my vita, I have Clock Zero, 7 Scarlet and Shiro to Kuro no Alice in my backlog. 

I'm aiming for 90 platinums if I can.

• Like 2

Right off hand just reaching Crown Rank 50 in Fall Guys
currently at Crown rank 34 at the moment.
 Nothing much in Pokemon Go since I reached level 50 on that game already and got most of the Pokedex completed.
 as far as trophies haven't been actively going for them in a while, since I been busy playing Fall Guys and Pokemon Go mostly.
And been mostly playing Digimon Survive.

• Like 1

stop buying/playing games that are not worth buying/playing just because I want to support devs based on their past games that I'm a huge fan of

I just have to let go, just because a dev made a great game, it doesn't mean the next one they make will be even ok

• Like 3

-Starting at least one new long-running series among those I've been meaning to try for years. Metal Gear's the most likely one.

-Keeping my profile as close to 100% as possible, no going off the rails (again) and having like 4-5 open projects at once. Currently enjoying my brief return to full completion for a few moments... before I start another game.

-Just plain ol' having fun. I never seem to run out of enjoyment when it comes to this hobby and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

• Like 1

Same thing as previous years:
-Get AGC% up. Edit: Addendum, this includes Steam.

-Clear out older titles, with a some-what focus on PS3 & Vita.

-Try the odd new title via PSN+.

-Buy less games (already doing this).

-Perhaps return to streaming. The scheduled game time was very productive.

Edited by Jelly Soup

• 3 weeks later...

What are your gaming goals for 2023? It can be anything from completing that game that's been on your backlog for years, acquiring a console that you have been trying to get for a while or anything else gaming related. It doesn't have to be specific to Playstation, it can be any gaming related goals for the upcoming year!

My Goals are;

Get as many trophies/platinums for the Call of Duty franchise as I can

Get my hands on a PS1 console (I have a PS2-PS5 so want to complete the collection)

Collect more gaming related Funko Pops (I have a few but want to build a big collection)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

1. Reach top 100 in the online Pokémon SV ladder

2. Play some PS3 games

3. Finish the Danganropa trilogy 

4. Have fun trophy hunting 

5. Try out some new series 

I think number 4 captures it perfectly ? gaming should always be fun!!