Disc version PS4>PS5 free upgrade.

PaintP

I don't think PS4 disc upgrades work before the digital game is live for sale and not just live for pre-order.

A few weeks ago I got the PS4 version of Garfield Lasagna Party a day early and when I checked for the upgrade it didn't show. The digital version wasn't available at that time.

Even on the day of release before the digital version was live, it didn't show an upgrade.

Only on the day of release after the digital version was released (happened late in the evening), the upgrade showed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PaintP said:

Can anyone who already has early copy answer my question. So far google has no answer.

Does this game ps4 disc version provide free ps5 upgrade?

I assume its not possible/free? Digital version with both PS4/5 version got separate price.

Dont need free. I am supporting it by buying it twice  :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kolm said:

So far I haven't seen any sort of PS5 disc to PS4 digital up(down)grade.

Welp, looks like I'll have to buy the PS4 disc version then. I just hope the pre-order DLCs will work for both versions as I'd live to have those outfits.

22 minutes ago, Letenko said:

Welp, looks like I'll have to buy the PS4 disc version then. I just hope the pre-order DLCs will work for both versions as I'd live to have those outfits.

When I input my download code for the bonuses it had 2 of each item it seemed, so I could only assume it gave me them for both versions? I couldn’t tell tbh as there were no prompts indicating if they were all for the PS4 version or not. 

I can't even see the pre-order skins in the options menu where you switch them out, so I have no clue what to do there. It also doesn’t bode well that the PS4 version is incapable of letting you earn trophies currently (no trophy list synced to my profile on boot up) so the PS5 version is the way to go right now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

When I input my download code for the bonuses it had 2 of each item it seemed, so I could only assume it gave me them for both versions? I couldn’t tell tbh as there were no prompts indicating if they were all for the PS4 version or not. 

I can't even see the pre-order skins in the options menu where you switch them out, so I have no clue what to do there. It also doesn’t bode well that the PS4 version is incapable of letting you earn trophies currently (no trophy list synced to my profile on boot up) so the PS5 version is the way to go right now. 

Thank you for this information. I'll check the list tomorrow before I go pick up my copy and if it's still not syncing, I'll just get the PS5 version then. Cheers for the help.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Letenko said:

If the digital version of the game is cross-buy then (so far for me) the pre-order or DLC codes in the PS4 box always have been cross-buy as well because the digital DLC is also cross-buy.

But I've never tried it with a code from a PS5 box... :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kolm said:

If the digital version of the game is cross-buy then (so far for me) the pre-order or DLC codes in the PS4 box always have been cross-buy as well because the digital DLC is also cross-buy.

But I've never tried it with a code from a PS5 box... :) 

I can confirm this. I bought the physical PS4 version, paid for the upgrade to PS5 and my DLC content did work just fine. I am going through the game in the new outfit as I write this.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2022 at 5:01 AM, Letenko said:

I can confirm this. I bought the physical PS4 version, paid for the upgrade to PS5 and my DLC content did work just fine. I am going through the game in the new outfit as I write this.

Do you need the ps4 disc to play the ps5 version since it was a paid upgrade?

do you have to buy the season pass again if you upgrade to ps5 version?  new to the ps5.  I have the deluxe for ps4 and now that I'm playing on a ps5 figured I'd play it on the newest system.  but im hesitant to download the 9.99 upgrade if it is going to not honor the season pass bought for the ps4.  kind of confusing, appreciate any help/knowledge.