Online services shutting down February 16, 2023 - Medal of honor Warfighter

Kolm

23 minutes ago, x7251 said:

2½ months left to complete the multiplayer. Hopefully that is enough time to complete it. The mutiplayer is supposedly very time consuming. 

It really isn't. Granted, I did this two years ago when you could get a match going with randoms, but it took me about 26 hours of gameplay to finish it. In case anybody could benefit from my findings, here's a post I made about the MP portion: 

Best of luck to anyone who attempts this with the remaining time...the MP grind isn't bad but will be hard for many. I managed to do everything legit (even the damn Apache trophy)...but I consider myself to be really good at FPS titles. Expect thousands of kills in a PS3 era environment with tons of veterans still playing the game.

Keep an eye on the level glitch! (Avoid leveling up outside of the match, like in a post-game screen where the XP is awarded). If that happens you will be locked out of a few MP trophies.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I just wanted to mention this here for those that may not end up browsing the other forum posts:

The Global Warfighters and Warchief trophies have a chance of not unlocking when they are supposed to, which can potentially lock you out of getting the Medal of Honor Warfighter platinum depending on when you start the game. These trophies require you to reach level 14 and 74 respectively, and if you unlock the required XP for these trophies after a match, your game will lock up and the trophies won’t pop. You do NOT want this to happen. To avoid this, make sure you are able to get the required XP for these two levels in-game.

If you reach these levels after a match and this glitch occurs, you are going to have to personally contact EA and have them erase your progress, thus causing you to level all the way back up to level 14 and/or 74. But there’s another catch: doing so will erase your online progress for other EA titles (potentially all of them, but this I’m not sure of). Please do not make the same mistake that I made. If you think a match will end before being close to hitting level 14/74, leave the match, quit to XMB, or turn your PS3 off. 

I had to boost all the way back up to level 74 for ‘Warchief’ after completing everything else in the multiplayer, and let me tell you…it was not fun. 

That warning was already given a few posts earlier. This glitch also affects the tours and although it's a pain to replay a tour at least you don't need to reset your EA account.
For the tours you can just switch class and respawn before the round ends to avoid the glitch.

1 hour ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

When did these glitches occur I did it legit at launch and never paid any attention to it and everything popped normally.

You might just have been lucky... They were there since launch but at the time it wasn't always clear why it happened to some that a trophy didn't pop. That was discovered when more cases happened and somehow people saw a trend in it.

I was also lucky with the level 14 trophy as I wasn't aware of the glitch back then.

Edited by Kolm

14 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I just wanted to mention this here for those that may not end up browsing the other forum posts:

The Global Warfighters and Warchief trophies have a chance of not unlocking when they are supposed to, which can potentially lock you out of getting the Medal of Honor Warfighter platinum depending on when you start the game. These trophies require you to reach level 14 and 74 respectively, and if you unlock the required XP for these trophies after a match, your game will lock up and the trophies won’t pop. You do NOT want this to happen. To avoid this, make sure you are able to get the required XP for these two levels in-game.

If you reach these levels after a match and this glitch occurs, you are going to have to personally contact EA and have them erase your progress, thus causing you to level all the way back up to level 14 and/or 74. But there’s another catch: doing so will erase your online progress for other EA titles (potentially all of them, but this I’m not sure of). Please do not make the same mistake that I made. If you think a match will end before being close to hitting level 14/74, leave the match, quit to XMB, or turn your PS3 off. 

I had to boost all the way back up to level 74 for ‘Warchief’ after completing everything else in the multiplayer, and let me tell you…it was not fun. 

I hope you’re right. I restrained myself from ever touching the game and going further than 15 mins of online play because of these glitched trophies…

15 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I’m giving more information than was given in posts above mine. That one fella was making it sound like you have to level up in-game for every level. Anyways, it’s better for anyone who’s planning to do this game to have as much info as possible. Because I’ve been on the receiving end of the glitch for ‘Warchief’, I know it will be near impossible for a lot of people to get the plat if they don’t have time to boost XP again. 

Oh it’s you ^^ thank you for encouraging me to start the game at that time , I got everything. Thanks again ? 

I finished it in total of 8 days & 8 hours.

It could be less since I work 12 hours shifts 

20 hours ago, Kolm said:

You might just have been lucky... They were there since launch but at the time it wasn't always clear why it happened to some that a trophy didn't pop. That was discovered when more cases happened and somehow people saw a trend in it.

I was also lucky with the level 14 trophy as I wasn't aware of the glitch back then.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Can’t believe I was that lucky. Lol

you can only unlink/relink a new ea account every 6 months so I personally get 1 more shot at global warfighters. if you are starting fresh you can have 2 shots at global warfighters/warchief. maybe that was changed though since you can now un/relink yourself through your profile on the website now.

Edited by ChowderlyDude

9 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I hope you’re right. I restrained myself from ever touching the game and going further than 15 mins of online play because of these glitched trophies…

None of the info I gave is made up. And I wouldn’t let those trophies stop you from playing the game. Just be cautious of your XP in-game at the top left when you’re levels 13 and 73. 

8 hours ago, Hysteria said:

Oh it’s you ^^ thank you for encouraging me to start the game at that time , I got everything. Thanks again 1f64f.png 

I finished it in total of 8 days & 8 hours.

It could be less since I work 12 hours shifts 

No problemVery happy to hear you got it done without the glitches occurring. 

On 12/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

Isn't this also true for the tour of duty with each class? Kolm said it also applies to those.

Edited by pot1414

6 hours ago, kapomimo903 said:

If I buy a used copy of this game will I have to buy a season pass or something in order to play multiplayer? Or everything is included once you have the game?

It's free in the psn store. Also if you buy the European release make sure to get the "limited edition" as it grants you free access to dlc maps

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dreamcast12 said:

It's free in the psn store. Also if you buy the European release make sure to get the "limited edition" as it grants you free access to dlc maps

thank you, I might get it since I got platinum for the other 2 MOH games but those glitched trophies worry me

On 12/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

the warchief trophy glitched on me as well yesterday. Anyway, what is the quickest method to level up ? I think 8 players recapturing a  flag in Sector Control, no? should be ~3000 ingame XP per match if I recall (that's how I got my first ~600,000xp . But I don't remember how much a player gets when post-match ribbons are counted in. 

8 hours ago, Seamndel said:

the warchief trophy glitched on me as well yesterday. Anyway, what is the quickest method to level up ? I think 8 players recapturing a  flag in Sector Control, no? should be ~3000 ingame XP per match if I recall (that's how I got my first ~600,000xp . But I don't remember how much a player gets when post-match ribbons are counted in. 

Man that’s a bummer, I’m sorry that happened to you. When I boosted to level 74 the second time around, I had multiple consoles and some alts from a boosting group so we could close a lobby. I played the Home Run game mode exclusively and just melee killed the entire enemy team, over and over. I couldn’t tell you how long it took me as it was so long ago, but I remember it going by super quick. That’s just the method I used though, maybe there are quicker ways. 

I have finished the online now and was careful about the level trophies (thanks to Sidoki's and Kolm's useful information). No one mentioned that the level 7 (Squad Leader) trophy can also glitch, but I haven't had issues with that one (but @shipper321 didn't unlock it because he didn't pay attention to it).

Gonna post some of the data I've gathered below, but first I want to understand how can tours glitch? You CANNOT get any tour exp with ribbons (therefore it's impossible to complete any tours by finishing a match), only actual kills using the classes. I literally AFK'd for 200k exp and my tour never moved from 13k. What is the source of this claim? Who has ever experienced this glitch?

Edited by TheYuriG
added link