Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

1 hour ago, ZLordofAwesome said:

So I'm planning on running through the Doom series. At least until the first two's hardest mode makes me ragequit.

3. Doom 4 (2016)

4. Doom 5 (Eternal)

7. Doom

9. Doom 3

10. Doom 2

All on PS4. That outta be a few badges as is. (Finally with Doom 4, Old School if ports count, PS4, Series, Spooky if I plat one in October, doesn't Masochist count since some lists give Doom 1 a 10?)  I can't wait to regret this!

Also you accidentally left my bronze tier ranking in the 2022 list.

I can definitely say Doom 2’s Nightmare co-op trophy is a royal pain in the butt. Map 29 is the real killer, I’m going to have to tinker with Charles and install version 1.03. No way am I doing it on the current version. 

Best of luck to you. You will be on Cloud 9 when you finally beat it. 

31 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Looks great man! I'll warn you now though. of my 250+ platinums including many very rare and difficult ones...I swear MGS2 is my hardest in my opinion so you're in for a real challenge! Masterpiece of a game though and it deserves the effort!

Yes. I’m utter crap and even Very Easy difficulty gave me trouble. MGS2 is the reason why I had to shop for a “real” PS3 controller, since my fake one did not have pressure sensitive controls. 

Extreme difficulty I hear is well…. awful. And the VR/Alternate missions. There’s 500 of them total? Insanity. People told me it takes 20 - 25 hours alone for that trophy, if not more. 

Also, over at the PST.org forums, the ratings are consistently a 8/10 on the difficulty scale, so I guess MGS2 really lives up to that reputation.

• Like 1

This is my list for the challenge.I'm focusing on DMC series for my first list:
1/10 Virginia :hidden:

2/10 Monopoly Madness :hidden:

3/10 Observer System Redux :hidden:
4/10 Control :hidden:
5/10 Dmc Devil May Cry Definitive Edition :hidden:

6/10 Devil May Cry 2 HD :hidden:

7/10 Devil May Cry 3 HD :hidden:

8/10 Devil May Cry HD :hidden:

9/10 Devil May Cry 4 HD :hidden:

10/10 Devil May Cry 5 :hidden:

Edited by DeaD__StocK
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

This one confuses me a bit. On the badges you wrote FFX specifically so i think you should edit this line as there are 2 games on difficulty 7 :)

@Rebourne07 I'm really amazed with the addition of all these challenges. The image of the Masochist challenge is the best of them all :D 

I was about to leave this aside but it seems even better with the optional challenges so i will participate again. I'll write a list of games soon :)

Thx for hosting this event again :yay:

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 3

After seeing this previously for 2022 and not starting trophy hunting until this year, I'm in. 

1. Toem 

2. Spider-Man Miles Morales 

3. Deathloop 

3. Sonic Frontiers 

5. Resident Evil Village

6. Callisto Protocol 

7. Ghostrunner 

8. Cuphead 

9. Returnal/Sekiro

10. Hollow Knight/Fall Guys 

Badge wise not a clue what I might end up with. Maybe PS5 Master since this list is most definitely going to change when new releases drop next year. Already earmarked Dead Space Remake, Atomic Heart and Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty out of the ones dropping early next year. 

Looking forward to this and challenging myself. Only real plat I have at the moment with any difficulty is Elden Ring but realistically more likely a 4/5 for me not the 7/10 its rated at. 

Good luck to everyone else!

• Like 3

Such a great and fun challenge to participate in! Count me in. Here are some games I'm working on and hopefully get the plat in 2023:

4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  5. Driver San Fransisco 
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  7. 3on3 Freestyle
  8. Medal of Honor: Warfighter & Call of Duty: Classic
  9. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth & Hollow Knight Eu version
  10. Crypt of the Necrodancer & Street Fighter 5 

Will not focus on Badges so much but will try to earn as many while enjoying the games I play.

Good luck to everyone and have fun.

• Like 3

@Rebourne07 seeking some guidance here.

I really want to play and add Return To The Monkey Island to my list but I cannot find any site that has a grade for it on how hard it is.
So reading the rules I guess I need to:

• For community voted polls, it's the average that counts, not the top rated number. If the site doesn't calculate the average for you, you can use this Vote Average Calculator I wrote to make it easier.

So I need to find 10 people who can give me the estimate on how hard it is?
Not really sure on how to go about this one. :)

• Like 1

Holy Moly! 2023 event much bigger with this badges modification. U added trophies to this challenge) Im in!

@Rebourne07 Man, i got butterflies in my stomach while i read rules and description. Great work, that give me so much motivation in  trophyhunt. Thank u!

Completed only 4/10 in 2022 :( I Hope this year will be more productive!

Thouths about 6 games for "Fresh Starter":

You simplify "Fresh Starter", but complicate "Minesweeper". Now for "Minesweeper" you need 5 backtrack games, what in total with other exceptions make this badge very very ducking crazy. I love near impossible challenges, but someone who targeting in all unic badges, now need to do some preparations before 2023. My brain explodes then i think about games list for this badge :)

Edited by temp-381229
  • Like 2

@Rebourne07

I was reading the rules and saw that you mention a god mode glitch in Control.

Since i decided to chose Control for Award Winner badge i searched for god mode glitch and in Powerpyx website difficulty for Control is a 4/10 and it's a 1/10 if i use god mode.

There's the question:Does that 1/10 difficulty counts for this game?

Edited by DeaD__StocK
  • Like 1

Sup guys, bunch of awesome lists and questions to reply to so I'll do that in a batch here.

@DeaD__StocK Lmao, love it. All Devil May Cry games ? It's amazing that series covers all the way from 5-10. For badges you'd definitely qualify for 1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror and most likely qualify for JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony. Check around and see if there's some other badges you could earn. And to answer your question about Control, no, using cheats doesn't lower the rating. If cheats exist for a game you can use them and still count the game at the highest rating you can find it.

@Platinum_Vice I think you win for best formatting on your list so far, awesome, very clear. That's great you're going for JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades, first person I've seen shooting for that one. 

@Karlat984 Looks like a fun and very challenging list! If you wanna check out badges it looks like you'd qualify for zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz, F5psQ31.png Masochist and F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter. Possibly more.

@FanficWriter73 Wow planning out two lists at once that's great! All your badges look accurate. Can't believe you're shooting for F5psQ31.pngMasochist twice in a row! That's technically 4 10s!!!!!

@Evil_Joker88 Good question. Even though Final Fantasy X/X-2 comes as a collection, each game's platinum difficulty is rated and thus counted separately. Final Fantasy X is the one that's rated as a 7. I believe FFX-2 is rated as a 6 on here...might be able to find it as a 7 somewhere but I haven't seen that. Glad to have you join, looking forward to seeing your progress :)

@alarkin14 List looks good! ? For badges looks like definitely c8xCbb2.png PS5 Master and KDlyQ16.png Spooky if you do one of those horror games in October

@MohandGamer7 Good luck on Crypt of the NecroDancer! I saw some people sign up for it last year but no one did it so if you get it that'd be incredible! 

@Stedde Dude, I spent 20 minutes just now hunting for a rating for Return to the Monkey Island and couldn't find anything. Then I noticed it just came out a few weeks ago 

So to answer your question about community polls, you gotta find a community voted poll like this one:

RFyDia7.png

And this type of poll has to have 10 users minimum or, if less than 10, the game has to have been released for at least 2 months. Whichever of those two comes first. If you end up being the sole voter cause after 2 months literally no one else has voted...idk. We'd have to cross that bridge when we came to it lol This might actually be a good chance for you to earn the GfmFq8n.png Guide Writer badge if you write a guide for it yourself and have it published.

@temp-381229 Thank you so much :) I appreciate your kind words. Dude, great point on making xnwSrVh.png Minesweeper even harder ? It's still technically possible though so we'll keep it as is.

@mattzilla1225 Welcome to the challenge! Looking forward to seeing your list.

• Like 3

Sign me up for this, sounds like a great event. I will use this as motivation to complete some harder games in my backlog that are already on my profile. I'll also try to aim for different genres/themes. Let me know if there is anything wrong.

1/10 - CLANNAD - Guide - Genre: Drama

2/10 - 428: Shibuya Scramble - Guide - Gerne: Visual Novel

3/10 - I Am Setsuna - Guide - Genre: Fantasy

4/10 - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Guide - Genre: Horror

5/10 - Rune Factory Oceans - Guide - Genre: Simulator

6/10 - Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Guide - Genre: Final Fantasy RPG

7/10 - うた組み575(Uta Kumi 575) - Guide - Genre: Music

8/10 - Mirror's Edge - Guide - Genre: Shooter

9/10 - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz - Guide - Genre: Platform

10/10 - Lord of Apocalypse - Guide - Genre: Action

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT for tracking purposes:

✅ 3/10 - I Am Setsuna - Guide - Genre: Fantasy ---  :platinum: obtained on 16/06/2023

✅ 6/10 - Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Guide - Genre: Final Fantasy RPG ---  :platinum: obtained on 12/06/2023

✅ 7/10 - うた組み575(Uta Kumi 575) - Guide - Genre: Music ---  :platinum: obtained on 24/05/2023

✅ 10/10 - Lord of Apocalypse - Guide - Genre: Action ---  :platinum: obtained on 07/02/2023

Badges:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours (Lord of Apocalypse)

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Platinum a game from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy) (Final Fantasy X-2 HD)

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago (うた組み575)

Edited by AppleKratue
Tracking games
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AppleKratue said:

Sign me up for this, sounds like a great event. I will use this as motivation to complete some harder games in my backlog that are already on my profile. I'll also try to aim for different genres/themes. Let me know if there is anything wrong.

3/10 - I Am Setsuna - Guide - Genre: Fantasy

6/10 - Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Guide - Genre: Final Fantasy RPG

7/10 - うた組み575(Uta Kumi 575) - Guide - Genre: Music

10/10 - Lord of Apocalypse - Guide - Genre: Action

Great list! Lots of unique games on there. Looks like you'd definitely qualify for the 8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points and JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades badges. You'd earn KDlyQ16.png Spooky if you do RE7 in October. Welcome to the challenge :D

• Like 1

Ok, here's the list.  Very excited to dig into this list starting next year.

1/10 - TOEM (PS5) - PSNProfiles *NEW to me*

2/10 - What Remains of Edith Finch (PS5) - PSNProfiles
3/10 - Biomutant (PS5) - PSNProfiles *NEW to me*

4/10 - Soul Hackers (PS5) - PSNProfiles

5/10 - The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (PS5) - PSNProfiles (Qualifies for Above and Beyond)
6/10 - Stardew Valley (PS4) - PSNProfiles *NEW to me* (Qualifies for Above and Beyond)

7/10 - Enter the Gungeon (PS4) - PSNProfiles
8/10 - Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4) - PSNProfiles (Qualifies for Award Winner and Finally!) 

9/10 - Tetris Effect (PS4) - PSNProfiles (Qualifies for Above and Beyond)

10/10 - Ikaruga (PS4) - PSNProfiles (Qualifies for Above and Beyond)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

Ok, here's the list.  Very excited to dig into this list starting next year.

1/10 - TOEM (PS5) - PSNProfiles *NEW to me*

2/10 - What Remains of Edith Finch (PS5) - PSNProfiles
3/10 - Biomutant (PS5) - PSNProfiles *NEW to me*

4/10 - Soul Hackers (PS5) - PSNProfiles

5/10 - The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (PS5) - PSNProfiles (Qualifies for Above and Beyond)
6/10 - Stardew Valley (PS4) - PSNProfiles *NEW to me* (Qualifies for Above and Beyond)

7/10 - Enter the Gungeon (PS4) - PSNProfiles
8/10 - Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4) - PSNProfiles (Qualifies for Award Winner and Finally!) 

9/10 - Tetris Effect (PS4) - PSNProfiles (Qualifies for Above and Beyond)

10/10 - Ikaruga (PS4) - PSNProfiles (Qualifies for Above and Beyond)

That's a heck of a list man. I've seen Tetris Effect cause some very talented gamers to rage quit. Stacking that and Ikaruga? You must have some skills :D Looks like you'd definitely qualify for 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond, odWe7mC.png Award Winner and r4ItX2a.png Finally! and because of the two games I just mentioned you'd qualify for F5psQ31.png Masochist. You're just barely missing out on KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master or sU2THm9.png PS5 Master cause you've got 5 each so you might wanna look into that. Good luck with the challenge!

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

Minor Update: I changed the tile for the sU2THm9.png PS5 Master badge cause it bugged me that it had too much white space on either side. 

Again I have a rule for myself that I wont change anything about the badges come January 1st 2023 and this goes for badge tiles too to prevent people's posts from looking weird with outdated badge icons. Thanks. 

Edited by Rebourne07

Sounds like a interesting event, sign me up! Would be a good way to finally have some motivation clean up the even older games in my backlog xD

1. Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
  4. The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
  5. Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk DX
  6. Final Fantasy X-2 HD
  7. Class of Heroes 2G
  8. Muramasa Rebirth
  9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  10. Hollow Knight

Badges:

7AptHd9.png - Persona 5 Royal, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero, Final Fantasy X-2 HD, Class of Heroes 2G

odWe7mC.pngPersona 5 Royal

8atwz9Z.png - Final Fantasy X-2 HD

r4ItX2a.png - Final Fantasy X-2 HD

vivrpJz.png - Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation, Persona 5 Royal, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero, Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk DX, Class of Heroes 2G, Muramasa Rebirth, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Hollow Knight

9ecFreL.png - Persona 5 Royal, Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk DX, Final Fantasy X-2 HD, Muramasa Rebirth

JIHoItq.png - Persona 5 Royal, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero , Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk DX, Final Fantasy X-2 HD, Class of Heroes 2G

KqPK6IM.png - Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation, Persona 5 Royal, The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero, Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk DX, Final Fantasy X-2 HD, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Hollow Knight

kHuhNg6.png  - Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, Final Fantasy X-2 HD, Muramasa Rebirth

I'm pretty sure those are the only badges I qualify for unless I overlooked something. Now can I finish this list is the real question ?

Edited by AlterArchuria
Changed Game
  • Like 4

Ok here's my ambitious list for next year. Very ambitious. All thx to you @Rebourne07 for your challenges :P:D

1: Toem (PSNP) (Puzzle)

2: Defense Grid 2 (PST) (RTS)

3: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Trophies.de) (Action)

4: Jak & Dexter: The Precursor Legacy (PSNP) (Adventure)

5: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PSNP) (RPG)

6: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PST) (Thriller)

7: Remnant: From the Ashes (Platprices) (Shooter)

8: Baja Edge of Control (Platprices) (Racing)

9: Mirror's Edge (Playstationtrophies) (Platform)

10: Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout (PSNP) (Party)

Possible Badges:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond: Danganronpa V3, Fall Guys

odWe7mC.png Award Winning: Danganronpa V3

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points: FF7R

r4ItX2a.png Finally: Mirror's Edge

zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz: Baja

9ecFreL.png Old School: Baja, Jak & Daxter, FF7R

JIHoItq.png One Tricky Pony: Adventure (Toem, Assassin's Creed IV, Jak & Daxter, FF7R, Danganronpa V3, Remnant, Mirror's Edge)

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master: Defense Grid 2, Assassin's Creed IV, Jak & Daxter, FF7R, Remnant, Baja, Fall Guys

rusKixo.png Rare Genre: Defense Grid 2 (RTS)

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter: Jak & Daxter

JIlCrz1.png Jack of all Trades

I'm also going for PdQrAjI.pngOCD :) and since i have plans to get 10 :platinum: on 5th December next year already i'll even try to combine this and complete these 10 games on a single day :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 4

Sup guys, one more minor update. Trying to get these out of the way early before anyone puts much time/effort into their lists. Last year we had this rule and it worked out well, never had any issues:

On 12/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, Rebourne07 said:

In regards to new releases, in order to use community voted poll ratings either the poll has to have 10+ votes or the game has to have been out 2+ months, whichever comes first. 

However, now 2 lists in as many days have brought up the point "What happens if after 2 months a poll still has less than 10 votes?" So since there's been a few lists that include games with single vote polls...this year I'm gonna remove the 2 month thing change it to just this:

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

In regards to new releases, in order to use community voted poll ratings the poll has to have 10+ votes on it.

As always feel free to message me and make a case. The last thing I want is for the challenge to feel strict because of rules. I'm trying to make them easy to follow and just be there to help guide everyone but I also wanna preserve the integrity of difficulty ratings and make them as objective as possible so everything's fair and balanced. Thanks.

PS: One thing to keep in mind is if a game doesn't have a guide to use for rating and it does have a poll that doesn't have enough votes, you can always go for the GfmFq8n.png Guide Writer badge and make one yourself. 

Edited by Rebourne07

Resources

Hide contents

It can be difficult to find games of certain ratings. If you are having trouble finding games for a particular rating, see some suggestions below. Finding a game rated 2-6 should be fairly easy, however, 1, 7, 8, 9 and especially 10 can be hard to find. These lists are purely suggestions and are by no means to be considered exhaustive or complete. You'll notice lots of overlap between the lists. It's pretty common to be able to find a game at a rating a little higher or lower than the PSNProfiles rating if you look around enough.

If you have any games you wish to recommend to others that are 1, 7, 8, 9 or 10 that are not already on one of these lists, please tag me in a comment or message me with the names of the games you want me to add here. Please provide links to guides or polls rating your suggested games.

1/10

7/10

8/10

9/10

10/10

Just went through and added 30+ games to the Resources section of the main post from the lists that people have posted so far. I'll try to update it whenever I see new games so everyone knows their options and doesn't have to hunt too long for games they want to play. 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 3

Aside from the above curated lists you can use these forums that are a bit out of date, but still have great information and all the ratings in them count:

Added these helpful links to the main post under Resources

Edited by Rebourne07