Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

On 12/22/2022 at 5:27 PM, DazzaFett said:

@Rebourne07 would you check the below list for eligibility for Minesweeper for me.

I have spent a very long time trying to put a list together with many iterations that seem to fail the final hurdle and think i have finally done it but would be good to have it verified.

Please also assume the following points....

More than half the games will be started before the end of the year to void Fresh Starter,

It would not be a 2nd list to void overachiever

It would not be done in difficulty Order to Void OCD

Difficulty Game Name Console Guide Time Rarity Genre Theme
1/10 Toem PS5 8 Common Puzzle, Adventure, Indie Fantasy, Kids
2/10 Beyond Blue PS4 6 Common Simulator, Adventure, Indie N/A
3/10 South Park: The Fractured But Whole PS4 20 Uncommon Role-playing (RPG) Comedy
4/10 Color Guardians VITA 5 Uncommon Platform, Indie Action
5/10 Riders Republic PS5 50 Very Rare Racing, Simulator, Sport Open World
6/10 Batman Arkham Origins PS3 40 Ultra Rare Hack and slash/Beat 'em up, Adventure Action, Stealth, Open world
7/10 Lumo PS4 15 Ultra Rare Platform, Puzzle, Adventure, Indie N/A
8/10 Magicka 2 PS4 30 Ultra Rare Role-playing (RPG), Adventure Action, Fantasy, Comedy
9/10 Dead Space 2 (GER) PS3 40 Very Rare Shooter Action, Science Fiction, Horror, Survival
10/10 Atari Flashback Classics Vol 3 PS4 30 Ultra Rare Arcade Action

Your Minesweeper list looks good, it's approved :) Good luck!

For the Guide Writer badge, yes you can add the badge retroactively as long as you platinum the game in 2023 and the guide is published in or before 2023. Like I just submitted my trophy guide for Crisis Core Reunion and I'm still missing a few trophies so you can definitely write a guide as you're platinuming a game. 

Demon's Souls on PS3 doesn't count for Award Winner. It has it's on PSNProfiles guide that is good, but not an award winning guide. 

The difficulty on GTA games is not interchangeable between old and new games since the lists are different. However, you can count the old ones as Business. That question came up a while back in the Platinum Every Genre Challenge and we all decided there that if we pestered IGDB enough they'd add the business tag so they might as well count so yeah, any version of those three GTA games counts for rare genre.

Also, for the Shameless Badge, I've had some people bring up that some games are designed to be partial auto-pops like Death Stranding Director's cut or some you'd expect to auto-pop give you grief like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Also there's others situations where you wanna play the story on PS5, then do the platinum on the PS4 version then auto pop the rest on PS5. So for simplicities sake I'm just gonna say partial autopops count too, just point out that the game was a partial autopop and that's easy enough to verify. This wont factor into Minesweeper, too much hassle to look for partial autopops among Minesweeper lists. Hope this helps. 

Edited by Rebourne07

16 hours ago, Holy_Nolly said:

Just realized that if I do my first list in order Demon's Souls PS3 will be my 250th Platinum. Really looking forward to this now.

That will be a great 250th plat 

I gave up on Demon's Souls PS3 years ago. But I went back to it when I decided to clean up my unfinished games on PS3.

It's why my completion time is 12 years and 3 months - I never was much into speed running ?

Enjoyed it so much I decided not to use the item duplication and ended up running two characters through NG and NG+

I don't think it's as difficult as it's reputation but still one to be proud of.

15 hours ago, DazzaFett said:

What a great 250th Milestone to have!

Agreed. It's been unfinished on my list for years. Finally going to take care of it.

3 hours ago, Skagarrin said:

That will be a great 250th plat 

I gave up on Demon's Souls PS3 years ago. But I went back to it when I decided to clean up my unfinished games on PS3.

It's why my completion time is 12 years and 3 months - I never was much into speed running 1f642.png

Enjoyed it so much I decided not to use the item duplication and ended up running two characters through NG and NG+

I don't think it's as difficult as it's reputation but still one to be proud of.

Certainly not as difficult as people make it out to be. Only reason why it became known as that was because it stood out amongst other games. Getting the platinum can be a bit frustrating though with low drop rates for purestones and the way character tendency works. But I've gotten things taken care of these past few days to just press a few buttons and the platinum will pop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ajdidronaught said:

1/10 everybody's gone to the rapture

2/10 persona 5 royal

3/10 ff8 remastered 

4/10 lego starwars the skywalker saga 

5/10 yakuza like a dragon

6/10 yakuza kiwami 2 Woking on this atm

7/10 yakuza 0

8/10 final fantasy 9

9/10 witcher 3

10/10 injustice gods among us 

Excuse me hope this is ok

Welcome to the challenge! If you're interested in badges, looks like you'll qualify for several including Series Conqueror, Old School, Mad Skillz, Brownie Points, etc. 

List looks great, except I'll need a link to The Witcher 3 being a 9 since I haven't seen that one before. Thanks :)

Perfecto! Then, I think I have a pretty concrete plan for this challenge with a space reserved for the Carpe Diem badge.

274c.png 1/10: Jack N' Jill DX

274c.png 2/10: River City Girls Zero

274c.png 3/10: The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook

274c.png 4/10: (reserved for PS+)

274c.png 5/10: Assassin's Creed III Remastered

274c.png 6/10: Superliminal

274c.png 7/10: Final Fantasy X HD

274c.png 8/10: Blood Drive

274c.png 9/10: Wargroove

274c.png 10/10: Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen!

Badges earned would be:

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Final Fantasy X HD (110 Hours)
  • odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Final Fantasy X HD
  • 8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Still Final Fantasy X HD
  • pTTpVe6.png Carpe Diem -
  • r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen!
  • vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - Jack N' Jill DX, River City Girls Zero, The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Superliminal, Final Fantasy X HD, Blood Drive, Wargroove
  • JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades - Jack N' Jill DX (Kids), River City Girls Zero (Beat 'Em Up), The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook (Business), Assassin's Creed III Remastered (Historical), Superliminal (Comedy), Final Fantasy X HD (RPG), Blood Drive (Horror), Wargroove (Turn-Based Strategy), Scene It? (Quiz/Trivia) (PS+ game will probably be a shooter)
  • JSFZuQf.png Love Bird - The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook
  • zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - Blood Drive (which counts for both)
  • 37roFKE.png Murica - Assassin's Creed III Remastered
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD -
  • 9ecFreL.png Old School - River City girls Zero, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Final Fantasy X HD
  • JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - Action: Jack N' Jill DX, River City Girls Zero, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Superliminal, Blood Drive and the PS+ game
  • KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Jack N' Jill DX, River City Girls Zero, The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Superliminal, Final Fantasy X HD, Wargroove
  • rusKixo.png Rare Genre - The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook
  • F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Jack N' Jill DX
  • KDlyQ16.png Spooky - Blood Drive

Was mulling a lot about my backup picks in the 4-6 range, but I settled on this. I think that difficulty 4 has a pretty wide range of games that can go in there and I hope that there will be a shooter that fills that slot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Perfecto! Then, I think I have a pretty concrete plan for this challenge with a space reserved for the Carpe Diem badge.

274c.png 1/10: Jack N' Jill DX

274c.png 2/10: River City Girls Zero

274c.png 3/10: The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook

274c.png 4/10: (reserved for PS+)

274c.png 5/10: Assassin's Creed III Remastered

274c.png 6/10: Superliminal

274c.png 7/10: Final Fantasy X HD

274c.png 8/10: Blood Drive

274c.png 9/10: Wargroove

274c.png 10/10: Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen!

Badges earned would be:

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Final Fantasy X HD (110 Hours)
  • odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Final Fantasy X HD
  • 8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Still Final Fantasy X HD
  • pTTpVe6.png Carpe Diem -
  • r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen!
  • vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - Jack N' Jill DX, River City Girls Zero, The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Superliminal, Final Fantasy X HD, Blood Drive, Wargroove
  • JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades - Jack N' Jill DX (Kids), River City Girls Zero (Beat 'Em Up), The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook (Business), Assassin's Creed III Remastered (Historical), Superliminal (Comedy), Final Fantasy X HD (RPG), Blood Drive (Horror), Wargroove (Turn-Based Strategy), Scene It? (Quiz/Trivia) (PS+ game will probably be a shooter)
  • JSFZuQf.png Love Bird - The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook
  • zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - Blood Drive (which counts for both)
  • 37roFKE.png Murica - Assassin's Creed III Remastered
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD -
  • 9ecFreL.png Old School - River City girls Zero, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Final Fantasy X HD
  • JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - Action: Jack N' Jill DX, River City Girls Zero, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Superliminal, Blood Drive and the PS+ game
  • KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Jack N' Jill DX, River City Girls Zero, The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Superliminal, Final Fantasy X HD, Wargroove
  • rusKixo.png Rare Genre - The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook
  • F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Jack N' Jill DX
  • KDlyQ16.png Spooky - Blood Drive

Was mulling a lot about my backup picks in the 4-6 range, but I settled on this. I think that difficulty 4 has a pretty wide range of games that can go in there and I hope that there will be a shooter that fills that slot.

17 badges in one list! That’s crazy lol good luck 

Absolutely loved this challenge in 2022, happy to do it all again!

Here's my list:

274e.png 1/10: Lost Words: Beyond the Page

274e.png 2/10: Trine 3: Artifacts of Power

274e.png 3/10: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

274e.png 4/10: Doom Eternal (PS5)

274e.png 5/10: Returnal

274e.png 6/10: Ghostrunner (PS5)

274e.png 7/10: Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5)

274e.png 8/10: Wuppo

274e.png 9/10: I Am Bread

274e.png 10/10: Splasher

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ajdidronaught said:

Also here is my definitive list

1/10 life is strange remastered 

2/10 persona 5 royal

3/10 yakuza 6

4/10 lego star wars skywalker saga 

5/10 yakuza like a dragon 

6/10 yakuza kiwami 2

7/10 yakuza kiwami 

8/10 yakuza 3

9/10 crash bandicoot it's about time

10/10 injustice gods among us 

• Like 1

Okay, let's see if this year I can complete at least the first list of games:

1/10 Burly Men at Sea

2/10 Among Us (PlatPrices)

3/10 Minecraft

4/10 Heavenly Bodies

5/10 Darksiders 2

6/10 Shadow of the Colossus

7/10 Bloodborne

8/10 Slay the Spire

9/10 The Witness (PlayStationTrophies)

10/10 Trackmania Turbo (PlatPrices)

I believe I can get 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond (75-100 hours counts?) with Trackmania Turbo, along with zWOwpTP.png  Mad Skillz , odWe7mC.png Award winner with Bloodborne and a couple of them qualify for r4ItX2a.png Finally! Also, every game is on PS4, so I'll get KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master too. Now I guess it should be all of them, but I might change something during the year if something nice comes out

Edited by Soul777Punisher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Soul777Punisher said:

Okay, let's see if this year I can complete at least the first list of games:

1/10 Burly Men at Sea

2/10 Among Us (PlatPrices)

3/10 Minecraft

4/10 Heavenly Bodies

5/10 Darksiders 2

6/10 Shadow of the Colossus

7/10 Bloodborne

8/10 Slay the Spire

9/10 The Witness (PlayStationTrophies)

10/10 Trackmania Turbo (PlatPrices)

I believe I can get 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond (75-100 hours counts?) with Trackmania Turbo, along with zWOwpTP.png  Mad Skillz , odWe7mC.png Award winner with Bloodborne and a couple of them qualify for r4ItX2a.png Finally! Also, every game is on PS4, so I'll get KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master too. Now I guess it should be all of them, but I might change something during the year if something nice comes out

List and badges look great. Minecraft qualifies for the rusKixo.png Rare Genre badge too (4x genre). And yeah, on a time estimate range you can take the higher number so 100hrs counts for Trackmania.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Absolutely loved this challenge in 2022, happy to do it all again!

Here's my list:

274e.png 1/10: Lost Words: Beyond the Page

274e.png 2/10: Trine 3: Artifacts of Power

274e.png 3/10: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

274e.png 4/10: Doom Eternal (PS5)

274e.png 5/10: Returnal

274e.png 6/10: Ghostrunner (PS5)

274e.png 7/10: Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5)

274e.png 8/10: Wuppo

274e.png 9/10: I Am Bread

274e.png 10/10: Splasher

Welcome back to the challenge! Just a fyi Wuppo can be counted as a 10 and Returnal can be counted as a 9 (PlatPrices and PowerPyx respectively) just in case you wanna switch your list around. Up to you though! The list as is looks great :)

Updated List:

1/10 - The Gardens Between (Mystery)

2/10 - Monopoly Madness (Business)

3/10 - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (Science Fiction)

4/10 - Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life (Sport)

5/10 - Yakuza Like A Dragon (RPG)

6/10 - Final Fantasy XII: the Zodiac Age (Sandbox)

7/10 - Judgment (Drama)

8/10 - Bloodborne (Horror)

9/10 - Celeste (Indie)

10/10 - Hollow Knight (Platform)

Badges:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Yakuza Like A Dragon, Final Fantasy XII, Judgment, Hollow Knight

odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Bloodborne

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Final Fantasy XII

pTTpVe6.png Carpe Diem - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - The Gardens Between, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Final Fantasy XII, Judgment, Celeste, Hollow Knight

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades -

PdQrAjI.png OCD -

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - every game has Action as its genre except The Gardens Between

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - 

rusKixo.png Rare Genre - Monopoly Madness (Business)

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Yakuza 6, Yakuza Like A Dragon and Judgment

1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - Yakuza 6, Yakuza Like A Dragon and Judgment

• Like 1

For the pTTpVe6.png Carpe Diem badge:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/12/28/playstation-plus-monthly-games-for-january-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-fallout-76-axiom-verge-2/

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Fallout 76

Axiom Verge 2

Deadline to platinum these for the badge is January 31st 11:59pm in your time zone.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:
  • Minesweeper - Complete a full list without earning any other badges
    • In my opinion this will be the hardest and/or rarest badge
    • Must purposefully avoid earning any other badge (i.e. No more than 5 PS4 games, Your 8, 9 and 10 can't be racing or fighting games, Can't platinum your games in order, No more than 2 remakes/remasters, etc.)
    • If your completion percentage is above 90%, you do not have to avoid the Fresh Starter badge
    • To avoid the restriction of this not being possible on your second list due to the Overachiever badge, if you happen to want to complete this on your second list you can choose to earn this on your second list instead, but you'd need to do a third list to earn the Overachiever badge
    • Here's a full list of requirements:
  Hide contents
  • No game on your list can have an official time estimate of 80 or more hours
  • No game on your list has won a PSNProfiles award
  • No Final Fantasy games on your list
  • No Playstation Plus Essential games platinumed during the month they are added
  • No game on your list that you started 3 or more years ago
  • You cannot be the first person to complete the challenge in 2023
  • Must have 1%+ progress in 5 or more games on your list prior to 2023 (See exception above for completionist accounts)
  • You cannot be the trophy guide writer for any game on your list
  • No more than 6 of your games can be Ultra Rare PSNProfiles rarity
  • *Jack of All Trades is not considered*
  • No game on your list is both a Romance game and platinumed in February
  • Neither your 8, 9 or 10 can be a Fighting or Racing game
  • Only one game on your list can qualify as a 10/10 from any source
  • No more than 5 of your games released in 2023
  • No game on your list is both set in America (fully or partially) and platinumed in July
  • You cannot platinum the games in your list in order 1-10
  • No more than 2 games on your list can be remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games
  • No more than 5 of your games can have the same genre/theme
  • *Overachiever has an exception noted above*
  • No more than 5 of your games are on PS3
  • No more than 5 of your games are on PS4
  • No more than 5 of your games are on PS5
  • None of your games can belong to the 4x, Business, Pinball or RTS genres
  • None of your games can start with J, O, Q, X, Y or Z
  • You cannot have a different version of a game you've already completed on a different list
  • No more than 2 of your games can belong to the same series
  • No more than 2 of your games can be auto-pops, full or partial
  • No game on your list is both a Horror game and platinumed in October
  • No more than 2 of your games are on Vita
  • No more than 2 of your games are on VR

It's kinda nuts now that I've written it all out lol This spells out the requirements for the xnwSrVh.png Minesweeper badge more fully.

• Like 2