Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

Do these games meet the requirements? I missed last year's so hope I can be involved this year.

1/10 Everybody's gone to the rapture
2/10 last of us pt1
3/10 last of us pt2
4/10 mw2 campaign remastered
5/10 deadpool
6/10 Hades
7/10 blasphemous
8/10 Enter the gungeon
9/10 hollow knight
10/10 wolfenstien 2

4 hours ago, ufro203 said:

Do these games meet the requirements? I missed last year's so hope I can be involved this year.

1/10 Everybody's gone to the rapture
2/10 last of us pt1
3/10 last of us pt2
4/10 mw2 campaign remastered
5/10 deadpool
6/10 Hades
7/10 blasphemous
8/10 Enter the gungeon
9/10 hollow knight
10/10 wolfenstien 2

Yep at a glance they look good. Did a double take at The Last of Us Part 1 being a 2/10 but I guess PowerPyx really rated it that low. Good luck :) 

Hi everyone, I just found out this topic and it looks very fun. Do I have until the 1st of January to write down my list ? Thanks :D 

And are games we started in 2022 eligible ? 

Ps : And how to collect the Carpe Diem Bage, for instance, if I wanna add the new upcoming Star Wars game to my list ?

Edited by KingOfGold

13 minutes ago, KingOfGold said:

Hi everyone, I just found out this topic and it looks very fun. Do I have until the 1st of January to write down my list ? Thanks :D 

And are games we started in 2022 eligible ? 

All games started at any time are elligible, But it will determine which badges you can get so take a good read through the rules and especially the badge clarification section so that you can plan your list for the most amount of badges if your interested in that part. You can submit a list at anytime as it will only be commited to the challenge once 7 or more games are completed so you can change it as much as you like before then. Most people are submitting lists now just to help them plan and to give others an idea as well but they can all change about prior to them being accepted on the leaderboards once 7 games are compelted

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, KingOfGold said:

Ps : And how to collect the Carpe Diem Bage, for instance, if I wanna add the new upcoming Star Wars game to my list ?

Just get the :platinum: of Jedi Fallen Order in January at your local timezone and it counts for the Carpe Diem Badge :)

I guess it even counts if you have made progress in this game already but the final trophy has to be unlocked in January? @Rebourne07

All your other questions were answered by @DazzaFett ?

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

@Rebourne07 Quick Question in relation to the Rare Genre Badge.  I thought games like Jurrsic World Evolution or Planet Coaster would qualify under "Business" as your essentially building and running a Business but when i looked at PSNP it does not seem to state Business as the Genre/Theme and just calls them a Simulator.   Is this something that has been brought up in the other Platinum all Genre/Theme challenge?    When you look at the gameplay description on the Wiki for JWE for example on says "Jurassic World Evolution is a business simulation game that allows the player to construct a Jurassic World dinosaur theme park with attractions and research facilities".      I am happy either way as its the same for everyone but just wondered if this was something that has come up before? 

On 23-12-2022 at 11:37 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Yes, and you can count it as a 10/10 per www.PlatPrices.com

Thank you. I will kick Crash Bandicoot 4 out (for now) and go with this list.

❌ 1/10: Batman - The Telltale Series

❌ 2/10: Astro's Playroom

❌ 3/10: Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart

❌ 4/10: Overcooked 2

❌ 5/10: Sackboy: A Big Adventure

❌ 6/10: Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

❌ 7/10: Knack

❌ 8/10: Cuphead

❌ 9/10: Downwell

❌ 10/10: The Binding of Isaac

It's not part of this challenge, but I will also try to 100% all DLC

@DazzaFett That Star Wars list is awesome lol For the Rare Genre question, yeah that's come up before and the genre/theme has to be on the PSNProfiles game page. There are some really weird and non-intuitive genres/themes, like some that are on a game but don't seem like they belong and some that seem like they belong but aren't there...idk how IGDB decides their stuff but the only way to keep it all objective is to only go by what IGDB says, so those games Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Coaster don't count as Business sorry. 

@KingOfGold @Evil_Joker88 DazzaFett answered your questions but yeah, you can make any amount of progress you want beforehand on a Carpe Diem game, but the platinum has to unlock in the month it was released. 

@Ikhulu Great list :) A word of caution on Sack Boy lol I used that as my 6/10 on my list last year and I swear that game was harder than my 7,8,9 and 10 lol The final challenge is nuts. Good luck :)

Ok I have almost my list, but I will probably make another one or two (maybe not going for the platinum tier again lol) with games of 2023 ! Is there any benefits of doing more lists ? Or are the rewards based on one list only ? 

And @Rebourne07, btw yeah the sackboy final challenge is probably one of the most challenging level I had on the PS5 so far... Much harder than a 9 return in my opinion, since the level of such games drastically drop once we understand how the game works. 

Edited by KingOfGold
  • Like 1

Lae1292.png

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered done!

❎ 1/10 - Job Simulator (PSNProfiles:platinum: on ???
❎ 2/10 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 3/10 - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 4/10 - Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality (MetaGame) - :platinum: on ???

☑️ 5/10 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on 01/01/2023

❎ 6/10 - Mafia: Definitive Edition (PSNProfile) - :platinum: on ???
❎ 7/10 - Lucky's Tale (VR) (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 8/10 - The Evil Within 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 9/10 - Fall Guys (PS5 Version) (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ??? 

❎ 10/10 - Scene it? Bright Lights! Big Screen! (PlaystationTrophies.org) - :platinum: on ???

• Like 4

Ok, so here is a list of very nice 2022 games (except Sekiro and fallen order) I haven't played /plat yet. All of them will be played on their respective PS5 version (except for Sekiro, but who knows... ). I am also super hyped by the badges challenge, which make the whole challenge pretty fun ! Could we expect some other badges to be added ?
Something that hasn't been detailed is the fact that fresh starter doesn't require to get the platinums of the 0% games of the list... Is it normal ? 

274e.png 1/10 - Toem

274e.png 2/10 - Last of Us Remake 1

274e.png 3/10 - Star Wars Fallen Order

274e.png 4/10 - Plague Tale Requiem

274e.png 5/10 - Uncharted Legacy of Thieves 

274e.png 6/10 - Final Fantasy - Crisis Core Reunion

274e.png 7/10 - Sifu

274e.png 8/10 - Gran Turismo 7 

274e.png 9/10 - Sekiro : Shadows die twice

274e.png 10/10 - Hollow Knight

Here are the badges I wanna get thanks to this list :

Edited by KingOfGold
  • Like 1

1 - Doki Doki Literature Club Plus (PSNProfiles)

2 - Zero Time Dilemma (PlaystationTrophies)

3 - Goat Simuator 3 (PSNProfiles)

4 - Ni No Kuni Remastered (PSNProfiles)

5 - Monster Hunter World Iceborne (PSNProfiles)

6 - Shovel Knight (PSNProfiles)

7 - Bloodborne (PSNProfiles)

8 - Rogue Legacy (PSNProfiles)

9 - The Evil Within (PSNProfiles)

10 - Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 2 (PSNProfiles)

• Like 1

@KingOfGold So the only real rewards are the fun along the way, your name in the challenge leaderboards and...if you're hardcore enough to get the most badges or the most unique badges then there's PSN cards, but really this is all about fun and bragging rights. Also, your list and badges look great. And yeah Fresh Starter requires platinums. I guess I didn't say the word platinum there but everything in this challenge requires platinums. And no more badges will be added this year but I do have a running list of badge ideas and at the end of this year I'll drop some of the lesser achieved badges and add some new ones. 

@RicosTrophyHunt Congrats on the first platinum of the challenge lol  It's crazy that the UK is 6hrs ahead of my timezone. Happy New Year :) 

@jaehyun1009 Welcome :D List looks good! 

• Like 1

Hello Everyone and Happy New Years!

I decided to post my 1-10 list I am planning to do for the 2023 platinum challenge:

1/10 – Persona 5 Royal (PS5) (https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/persona-5-royal/guide/)

2/10 – Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4) (https://metagame.guide/pantsu-hunter-back-to-the-90s-ps4/trophy-guide)

3/10 – Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (NA Version) (PS4) (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9339-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-trophy-guide)

4/10 – Persona 4 Dancing All Night (NA Version) (PS Vita) (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/persona-4-dancing-all-night/guide/))

5/10 –  KILL LA KILL - IF (PS4) (https://platprices.com/game/2422-kill-la-kill-if)

6/10 –  Superliminal (PS4) (https://***/trophy-guides/ps4-guides/superliminal-trophy-guide/)

7/10 – F.E.A.R 3 (PS3) (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/8045-fear-3-trophy-guide)

8/10 – Ark Survival Evolved (PS4) (https://www.psthc.fr/unjeu/ark-survival-evolved-ps4/guide-trophees.htm)

9/10 – Bayonetta (PS4) (PlatPrices Canada) (https://platprices.com/game/3983-bayonetta)

10/10 – SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4) (https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/sega-genesis-classics/guide/)

It took a while to narrow down the list but here it is.

In terms of the rating for Bayonetta on PS4, I saw someone in last years challnge using it, so I decided to use it as well.

This is the current list of badges I should earn with this list but it may change if I decide to change the games in the list:

- Love Bird - Platinum a Romance game in February - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4)

- Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours - Persona 5 Royal (PS5)

- Carpe Diem - Platinum a game that’s a Playstation Plus Essential game the same month it’s added - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (NA Version) (PS4)

Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023 - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4), Persona 4 Dancing All Night (NA Version) (PS Vita), KILL LA KILL - IF (PS4), Superliminal (PS4), Ark Survival Evolved (PS4), Bayonetta (PS4), SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4)

- Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre

- PS4 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS4 games on your list  - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4), Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (NA Version) (PS4), KILL LA KILL - IF (PS4), Superliminal (PS4), Ark Survival Evolved (PS4), Bayonetta (PS4), SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4)

- Rare Genre - Platinum a game in the 4x, Business, Pinball or RTS genres - SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4) is in the Pinball genre

I managed to finish 9/10 games from my list from last year's platinum challenge but I am planning to complete my list this year!

I am also planning out a second 1-10 that I may do this year after finish this one.

Good luck everyone and happy hunting those shiny platinum trophies!

Edited by Groudon9000
  • Like 3

Would love to get involved in this challenge. Posting 1 list for now:

1/10 - Batman TellTale Series 

2/10 - Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

3/10 - Marvels Spiderman (PS4 Version)

4/10 - Bully

5/10 - Skyrim (PS4 Version)

6/10 - Red Dead Redemption

7/10 - Witcher 3 (PS5 Version)

8/10 - TMNT Shredders Revenge (playstation trophies guide rating)

9/10 - Fall Guys 

10/10 GTA 4

Edited by DaveB2204
Changed one of my selections
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Games completed:

1/10 Toem (PSNP)

2/10 Bee Simulator (PST.org)

3/10 Defense Grid 2 (PSNP)

4/10 Jumanji (PSTHC.fr)

5/10 Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PSNP)

I did unlock them in order from 1 to 5 :) It's a big change from my first list but i decided to get a strong start into the new year :D

Jeez!! Fair play, I thought I was organised getting 1 platinum done on the 1st of January ?

• Like 2