Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

I changed my list a bit and looked at the badges, which I would qualify for. At the end are two badges I am not sure about and need some clarification from Rebourne. Not sure if I will finish Trackmania but right now it looks good and I think I can do it. Otherwise, I need to change it with another game if I still have the chance haha

1 - Doki Doki Literature Club (PSNP)
2 - Digimon Survive (PlatPrices)
3 - Axiom Verge 2 (Meta Game)
4 - Heavy Rain (Meta Game)
5 - Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory (Meta game)
6 - Final fantasy 7 Remake (Plat Prices)
7 - Batman Arkham City (PSNP)
8 - Yurukill: The Calumination Games (PSNP)
9 - Trackmania Turbo (Meta Game)
10 - Skul: The Hero Slayer (Meta Game)

•  Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours ( Trackmania Turbo)

•  Brownie Points - Platinum a game from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy) ( Final Fantasy 7 Remake)

•  Carpe Diem - Platinum a game that’s a Playstation Plus Essential game the same month it’s added (Axiome Verge 2)

•  Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago ( Heavy Rain / Batman Arkham City)

•  Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023 (Doki Doki Literature Club Plus / Digimon Survive / Axiome Verge 2 / Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory / Final Fantasy 7 Remake / Yurukill: The Calumination Games)

•  Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre
  •  Doki Doki Literature Club Plus - Visual Novel
  • Digimon Survive - Turn Based Strategy
  • Axiome Verge 2 - Indie
  • Heavy Rain - Adventure
  • Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory - Music
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake - RPG
  • Batman Arkham City - Hack and Slash / Best em up
  • Yurukill: The Calumination Games - Shooter
  • Trackmania Turbo - Racing
  • Skul: The Hero Slayer - Platform

•  Love Bird - Platinum a Romance game in February (Doki Doki Literature Club Plus)

•  Mad Skillz - Platinum a Fighting or Racing game rated 8/10 or higher (Trackmania Turbo)

•  Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10 (Trackmania Turbo / Skul: The Hero Slayer)

•  PS4 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS4 games on your list ( Axiome Verge 2 / Digimon Survive / Heavy Rain / Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory / Batman Arkham City / Skul: The Hero Slayer)

•  Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z (Yurukill: The Calumination Games)

Questions:

Would Heavy Rain on PS4 count as an „old school“ game since it hasn’t in the name remake or remaster but is a different list then the PS3 version and was release to a later time?

•  Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games  (Return to Arkham - Batman Arkham City / Final Fantasy 7 Remake /  Heavy Rain)

I would love to play the PS5 Version of Final Fantasy 7 since I could only play the DLC with this version. On the PS4 version it is categorized as Adventure but not for the PS5 version. Can I still use it for the badge or would it be a big problem and I would be forced to play the PS4 version? If yes I guess I would skip this badge :)

•  One Trick Pony - 6 or more games on your list are from the same genre (Adventure genre - Doki Doki Literature Club Plus / Axiome Verge 2 / Heavy Rain /  Final Fantasy 7 Remake / Batman Arkham City / Yurukill: The Calumination Games)
  • Like 1

On 2.1.2023 at 9:29 PM, ElrayMickaelius said:

Made an Update

1/10 - Toem

2/10 Persona 5 Royal

3/10 - NieR: Automata

4/10 - Deaths Door (2/1/2023)

5/10 - Inscryption

6/10 - Oddworld New n Tasty

7/10 Dead Nation
 8/10 - Furi

9/10 - Returnal

10/10 - Hollow Knight

Changes:

9/10: Celeste → Returnal

Edited by ElrayMickaelius
Links
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Inuty said:

I would love to play the PS5 Version of Final Fantasy 7 since I could only play the DLC with this version. On the PS4 version it is categorized as Adventure but not for the PS5 version. Can I still use it for the badge or would it be a big problem and I would be forced to play the PS4 version? If yes I guess I would skip this badge :)

•  One Trick Pony - 6 or more games on your list are from the same genre (Adventure genre - Doki Doki Literature Club Plus / Axiome Verge 2 / Heavy Rain /  Final Fantasy 7 Remake / Batman Arkham City / Yurukill: The Calumination Games)

For the One Trick Pony badge even if FF7 wasn't counted, in the badge clarifications, you can use the Genre or Theme of a game and you have 7 games with the action theme - Axiom Verge 2, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Batman Arkham City, Yurukill: The Calumination Games, Trackmania Turbo, and Skul: The Hero Slayer.

So either way you should good to go for that badge. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, seannyboy913 said:

For the One Trick Pony badge even if FF7 wasn't counted, in the badge clarifications, you can use the Genre or Theme of a game and you have 7 games with the action theme - Axiom Verge 2, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Batman Arkham City, Yurukill: The Calumination Games, Trackmania Turbo, and Skul: The Hero Slayer.

So either way you should good to go for that badge. 

Thanks for the clarification, totally missed that! I was so focused on the adventure Genre, that i didnt read the badge clarification clearly! Thanks for taking the time and giving me the hint of the Action Theme :)

• Like 3

First one off the list, God of War done! Finished the story the week of launch but been very slow at getting round to doing all the extra stuff, happy to have that all done now.

274e.png 1/10 - Life is Strange: True Colours 

274e.png 2/10 - A Way Out

274e.png 3/10 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales 

:platinum: 4/10 - God of War: Ragnarök (4th Jan)

274e.png 5/10 - Uncharted 4

274e.png 6/10 - Hades

274e.png 7/10 - Bastion

274e.png 8/10 - Dark Souls Remastered

274e.png 9/10 - Returnal 

274e.png 10/10 - TBD

• Like 1

@UnIvIIIrsum Good job on completing your 10/10 already!!! Also cool you're going for the Hardcore badge. I think that'll end up being one of the rarest badges. Though I don't think it should count for the Old School badge. It's an original release, just happens to have also been printed on Mega Drive cartridges. 

@Copanele Man that's crazy how do you run through these fighting games so quickly??

@Inuty Yes you would qualify for both of those badges. Heavy Rain PS4 counts cause its a re-release with a different list and if one version of FF7 Remake has a genre/theme then you can play whichever version you want and it counts since its the same game. 

• Like 3

Sounds like there's some general beef with the OCD Badge. Do we wanna make it so that the platinums just have to be in order without regard to what platinums are in between them? For everyone's sake I said no rule changes after January 1st, but the rules are just there to keep things clear not be strict and ruin things...so y'all let me know if you want that change and if so I'll make it. 

• Like 3

Btw @Rebourne07 : I also had already some fresh ideas for some new badge for next year  :

Studio support -> 3/6 games of your list are made from the same studio

DCO Badge -> Play the list of your games in the reverse level order (since the OCD trophy is debatable ;))

Multicore -> Plat 1/3 multiplayer game(s) with a difficulty > 8/10 (1 is already enough imo)

Animal lover -> Plat 1/3 games where the main character is a living animal (real or not) 

Women First -> Maybe it's hard to implement in practice but the idea of implementing diversity would be great. At least 50% of your list must be games where the main character is a female character (Games where you can select the character sex would be excluded). 

Level Hacker -> You plat two version of a single game with a level difference of at least +4/5 on two different lists

Edited by KingOfGold

A question about having multiple lists set up. I'm looking at setting up three lists so each one can have a focus on PS3/PS4/PS5. If I'm working through my lists can they be done simultaneously, or would I need to do the first list before I can move on to the second list? The rules make it seem flexible in a way that they could be done simultaneously, but I just wanted to double check.

38 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Ok, I removed the restriction on non-challenge related platinums and other list platinums for the OCD badge to make it more conducive to how everyone is seeing it. Hopefully this helps. I still think this one will be pretty rare, but hopefully now more manageable. 

Depends on how challenging you intended that badge to be, needing the 10 games in a row was very restrictive but I was fine with just not going for it if I was finding it too awkward

I definitely don't mind the change though as I think the 10 games just in order of difficulty is still a decent challenge

Edited by MD_91
  • Like 2

I would like to sign up if possible! Here is my list:

❎ 1/10 - Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (PlatPrices.com)
☑️ 2/10 - What Remains of Edith Finch (PlatPrices.com:platinum: on 01/01/2023

❎ 3/10 - God of War III Remastered (PlatPrices.com)

❎ 4/10 - Dishonored 2 (PlatPrices.com)

5/10 - Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PlatPrices.com)

❎ 6/10 - Titanfall 2 (PlatPrices.com)
❎ 7/10 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PlatPrices.com)

❎ 8/10 - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PlatPrices.com)

❎ 9/10 - Returnal (PlatPrices.com)

❎ 10/10 - Trackmania Turbo (PlatPrices.com)

• Like 2

Another one down

1/10 Donut County 

2/10 What Remains of Edith Finch 

3/10 Final Fantasy 7 (not remake)

4/10 Control Ultimate Edition

5/10 Mirror's Edge Catalyst

6/10 Ghostrunner

7/10 Kena Bridge of Spirits

8/10 Unravel 2 

9/10 Trackmania Turbo

10/10 Super Meat Boy

Edited by Platinumable
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Sounds like there's some general beef with the OCD Badge. Do we wanna make it so that the platinums just have to be in order without regard to what platinums are in between them? For everyone's sake I said no rule changes after January 1st, but the rules are just there to keep things clear not be strict and ruin things...so y'all let me know if you want that change and if so I'll make it. 

Well i was happy with the original ruling (and generally agree rules should not be changed after the challenge has started) and its not hard to get games to within 1 Trophy and then when you have them all good to go you can pop all 10 in order for the OCD badge.

That way you can earn other Platinums in other challenges while your working on the games in your OCD list and then you can pull the trigger for OCD when your good and ready.

The only thing that will be negated by doing this is you wont be able to get the month specific badges as well on the same list that is going for the OCD badge so in a similar way to Minesweeper you have to take care and also have to compromise other badges if you want the OCD one.  This IMO perhaps makes OCD a little bit more rare like the Minesweeper, Masochist and Jack of all trades badges will likely be plus there is nothing to stop someone having a second list that captures all the month specific badges.

I had planned out a List built specifically for OCD, Another Specifically for Minesweeper and another (1 or 2 depending on time) that will take in as many of the other badges as possible over the whole year.

Edited by DazzaFett
  • Like 3

I like the idea and will give it a go. Unfortunately I've already done a few of the 10/10 games on the suggestion list. Time to see if I can beat Assetto Corsa or hope that the console release of Trackmania is hard. 

Once I post that I've completed a game, am I locked into that difficulty level for that game?

Eg. If I complete a game that is 8.5 on PST, can I switch up between 8 and 9 depending on my progress with other stuff? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I like the idea and will give it a go. Unfortunately I've already done a few of the 10/10 games on the suggestion list. Time to see if I can beat Assetto Corsa or hope that the console release of Trackmania is hard. 

Once I post that I've completed a game, am I locked into that difficulty level for that game?

Eg. If I complete a game that is 8.5 on PST, can I switch up between 8 and 9 depending on my progress with other stuff? 

Yeah np, you can switch up difficulty levels, just let us know in your posts

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@KingOfGold @MD_91 @Holy_Nolly @ArtikSkarab @MattbluePT 

Ok, I removed the restriction on non-challenge related platinums and other list platinums for the OCD badge to make it more conducive to how everyone is seeing it. Hopefully this helps. I still think this one will be pretty rare, but hopefully now more manageable.

I had no complaints about the original way. I just thought I messed up because the badge clarification said no other platinums and then later in the thread it was mentioned "nothing in between." But no worries. It's changed now. I guess this will mean I can platinum the romance game on my second list in February without worry of whether or not I finished my first.

• Like 1

1 - Doki Doki Literature Club (PSNP)

2 - Digimon Survive (PlatPrices)

3 - Axiom Verge 2 (Meta Game)

4 - Heavy Rain (Meta Game) :platinum:

5 - Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory (Meta game)

6 - Final fantasy 7 Remake (Plat Prices)

7 - Batman Arkham City (PSNP)

8 - Yurukill: The Calumination Games (PSNP)

9 - Trackmania Turbo (Meta Game)

10 - Skul: The Hero Slayer (Meta Game) :platinum:

I used the end of last year to prepare some games for the event so here is a short Update.

Heavy Rain:

I played it with my wife once but after finishing the story, I really didnt had the Motivation to go through the whole game multiple times to achieve the platinum. I am glad that i have it finally done now and that i can use it for this event. To be honest it didnt aged very well and the Animations are a bit clunky.

Skul: Therme Hero Slayer:

One of the hardest rouge lites i played so far. In the beginning it was already really hard to get to the end of a run not to talk about the no hit runs of all bosses. It took a loot of save scumming to Do the bosses with no hit. I did all of them with the thief since he has a possibility to get a skill to avoid damage. With the right skills, and luck for some nice items over the run (skill time reduction) I was able to get it done. I Lost Motivation after finishing the no hit runs because I still needed to farm dark quartz to upgrade the castle to the maximum. This took me 3 more nights of farming to get the necessary curreny for that. 

• Like 3

I want to join but I have a question. Do we need to play only the games in the list? Because I have Spyro for the 2/10 Difficulty and want to play the 2 other Spyro games after that to have the right order ?

My List (all from PsnProfiles Difficulty)

1/10 Donut County 

2/10 Spyro the Dragon 

3/10 Cat Quest 

4/10 Deaths Door 

5/10 Dragon Quest XI S 

6/10 Stardew Valley 

7/10 Kena Bridge of Spirits 

8/10 Cuphead 

9/10 Crash Bandicoot 4 

10/10 Super Meat Boy 

Do we need to write the Badges down go get them? Or can you get them just for completing the games?

Hi @Rebourne07 i would like to submit this list for the Minesweeper Trophy (i will be creating other lists for other badges):

Difficulty Game Name Console Guide Time Current % Rarity Genre Theme
1/10 Toem PS5 8 1% Common Puzzle, Adventure, Indie Fantasy, Kids
2/10 Maquette PS5 5 4% Uncommon Puzzle Fantasy
3/10 South Park: The Fractured But Whole PS4 20 1% Uncommon Role-playing (RPG) Comedy
4/10 Burnout Paradise: Remastered (NA) PS4 30 0% Rare Racing Action, Open world
5/10 Riders Republic PS5 50 0% Very Rare Racing, Simulator, Sport Open World
6/10 Bastion Vita 15 77% Rare Role-playing (RPG), Adventure, Indie Action, Fantasy, Comedy
7/10 Lumo PS4 15 0% Ultra Rare Platform, Puzzle, Adventure, Indie N/A
8/10 Magicka 2 PS4 30 0% Ultra Rare Role-playing (RPG), Adventure Action, Fantasy, Comedy
9/10 Dead Space 2 PS3 40 0% Very Rare Shooter Action, Science Fiction, Horror, Survival
10/10 Atari Flashback Classics Vol 3 PS4 30 81% Ultra Rare Arcade Action

Edited by Vidbacca
  • Like 1