Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

I put together an initial plan on how to get this done....

1 - Word Search by POWGI

2 - Word Maze by POWGI

3 - Bouncy Bullets (current average rating on PST is 2.07) :platinum: (1 Jan)

4 - Hot Wheels Unleashed

5 - Xenon Racer

6 - Ride 3

7 - 10 second ninja X

8 - The Witness

9 - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 (hard parts done)

10 - Assetto Corsa (fingers crossed)

A couple of them might have to be re-assessed if a bunch of PST votes change it, and only 3 games on there I haven't started yet.

@Rebourne07 I just wanted to clarify something. In the Badge rules for the various Master badges it states that when a Trophy List is shared between different consoles for example if a Trophy List is shared between a PS3, PS4 and VITA as stated in ght badge clarification then you can Play the game on which ever one you like but choose the one that you want so as to get the Master Badge. Likewise although it does not specifically mention this in the minesweeper clarification you could choose a version on the Minesweeper that allows you to avoid earning a Master badge. So if i had 6 PS4 games on the minesweeper but one has a shared list with the VITA then you can log that one as a VITA game so that you only have 5 PS4 games in the minesweeper list.  That all makes perfect sense anyway as it would be impossible to actually tell which console someone played on with a shared list.

However i just wanted to clarify when it comes to the same game being on multiple different consoles that all have different Trophy Lists, In other words a game has multiple different console stacks.  My assuption is that you can only count the console that you actually earned the Platinum for when it comes to console stacks, so for example you CAN'T earn a Platinum on a PS5 stack but put it down on your list as the PS4 version just so that you can claim the PS4 Master Badge or to avoid voiding the Minesweeper badge if you already had 5 other PS5 Platinums on that list. 

I hope that makes sense but i just wanted to clarify as when putting together my Minesweeper list i was very concious of this which did make building a minesweeper list even more challengeing (which i think it should be).

Here's my personal list for the year:

274e.png 1/10 - Oxenfree

274e.png 2/10 - Persona 5 royal

274e.png 3/10 - Sakura wars

274e.png 4/10 - Crisis core final fantasy VII Reunion

274e.png 5/10 - Deep Sky derelict

274e.png 6/10 - Dragon quest heroes 2

274e.png 7/10 - One step from eden

274e.png 8/10 - Astebreed

274e.png 9/10 - Crash bandicoot 4

274e.png 10/10 - The evil within

These are the badges I'm shooting for:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Dragon quest heroes 2

odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Persona 5 royal

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Crisis core final fantasy VII Reunion

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - Crisis core final fantasy VII Reunion - Persona 5 royal - Dragon quest heroes 2 - One step from eden - Sakura wars - The evil within

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - All games in my list 

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Oxenfree

Unless I'm mistaken I didn't forget a badge 

Thank you again for the event and good luck to everyone ! ?

Edited by Saligun60
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ajdidronaught said:
On 26/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, ajdidronaught said:

Sorry just quick question do games like jumping taco count as 1/10 can't find ratings anywhere

Also m7/10 is yakuza 0 playing my legend playthrough now

I would assume that no matter what the game is if there is no official guide rating for it anywhere then that game cant be used anyway. I have this issue with Quake as i wanted to play that but no guide or offcial guide currently exists for that game that i can find.   I would assume all the shovelware games that only require you to press X would not have an official guide as who would write a guide telling someone to just press X anyway LOL, so they cant be counted due to the lack of an official rating  

• Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, ajdidronaught said:

Sorry just quick question do games like jumping taco count as 1/10 can't find ratings anywhere

So I did some research on jumping taco and I found a guide that has it as a 0/10....lol, I don't think you can use it though

Edited by tankman_bilal28

@Jennys_Trophies Your list looks great. You can play any games you want, whenever you want, so fee free to play those Spyro games :) Just post here each time you complete a game from your list. And once you've completed 7+ games on your list please give me a list of badges you feel like your list qualifies for. If no badges are given I'll do a quick look to see which ones I see but some badges are hard to tell just from the game's titles so you might miss out on some badges.

@InfinateEternity Great progress :) Good luck on Mirror's Edge before server closures.

@Vidbacca Minesweeper list approved :) Good luck!

@barra333 List looks good :) Good luck on Assetto Corsa, heard that one's HARD! Also The Witness, my wife did that for her 2022 challenge list and man I'll tell you that last trophy on that game is super difficult even with the "infinite time glitch". Best advice I can give is to use a triangle puzzle solver on the maze puzzles at the end...you'll need it!

@ajdidronaught Even if its an obvious 1/10 it still needs a guide to count. If you're having trouble finding a 1/10, check out the Resources section of the main post. There's a bunch of great 1/10 games there.

@DazzaFett You are correct that the PS5 version can't be used in the case you described. Since PS5 games are always single system you can only have 5 of those on a Minesweeper list.

@Saligun60 Awesome list :D

• Like 3

On 26/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, ajdidronaught said:

You could write a guide for jumping taco, rate it difficulty 1/10, get it approved, complete it and then grab

GfmFq8n.png Guide Writer - You personally wrote the trophy guide for a game on your list

[joking of course ?]

31 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@InfinateEternity Great progress :) Good luck on Mirror's Edge before server closures.

I hadnt realised that Mirror's Edge servers were being shut down.

But then i thought it was a single player game which is what is states the mode is on PSNP.

Looking at the Trophy List i couldnt see any mention of any MP Trophies either. Do you know what is supposed to be effected then?

Edit-  I just looked through the forums and its mentioned by a few people that you can still play and earn 100% of the Trophies offline so the server closure does not effect Trophies and only means you can no longer sync your times with the leaderboards etc.

Edited by DazzaFett
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Jennys_Trophies Your list looks great. You can play any games you want, whenever you want, so fee free to play those Spyro games :) Just post here each time you complete a game from your list. And once you've completed 7+ games on your list please give me a list of badges you feel like your list qualifies for. If no badges are given I'll do a quick look to see which ones I see but some badges are hard to tell just from the game's titles so you might miss out on some badges.

Thanks for your answer?

1/10 Donut County ✔

Finished Today

Edited by Jennys_Trophies
  • Like 1

First game down! TOEM was a charming game, but probably not a game I would play if it wasn't for this challenge. Enjoyed myself nonetheless!

Next up it's time to continue my quest to platinum the entire Ratchet and Clank series!

1/10 - Toem

274e.png 2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

274e.png 3/10 - Dark Cloud

274e.png 4/10 - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

274e.png 5/10 - Assassin's Creed III Remastered

274e.png 6/10 - ICO

274e.png 7/10 - Batman: Arkham City (PS4)

274e.png 8/10 - Cuphead

274e.png 9/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

274e.png 10/10 - Fall Guys (PS5)

Badges that apply to me/that I'm going for:

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours (Crash and Fall Guys)
  • r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago (ICO)
  • vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023
  • F5psQ31.png Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10 (Crash and Fall Guys)
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order 
  • 9ecFreL.png Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games
  • Like 4

On 1/4/2023 at 7:18 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Copanele Man that's crazy how do you run through these fighting games so quickly??

46fbdae0ab8ec7b8b86a12352ee243b4--commen

7/10 - DNF Duel via Metagame (pretty much the only site that rated this game a 7.5).

1/10  - SkyScrappers

2/10  -

3/10  -

4/10  - Dead or Alive 6

5/10  - Melty Blood: Type Lumina

6/10  -

7/10  - DNF Duel

8/10  -

9/10  -

10/10-

I really should take a break now xD 

• Like 4

On 1/3/2023 at 2:01 PM, Rebourne07 said:

So I'm deciding between Toem and Oxenfree at this point. Might just flip a quarter since both seem great haha

If it means anything at all, Oxenfree might be my favorite indie ever. I couldn't recommend it more.

6 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

• No progress has been made in it yet. But, I really need to shift my focus to Mirror's Edge and get that done within the next 2 weeks to avoid any potential issues caused by the server shutdown happening on January 19th, particularly with the Time Trials (both in the base game and the DLC). Thankfully, I've got some practice with the game mechanics thanks to Mirror's Edge Catalyst. So, I'll just finish the story-based trophies in that one, and then switch over to the earlier game, so that I don't confuse myself by mixing the two stories together, lol. (I don't think there's a connection, IIRC. But, better safe than sorry! ?)

I'm working on Mirror's Edge, too. As you haven't started it yet, if you play all the trials offline, you shouldn't have any issues down the road, since online hasn't been necessary for trophies up to this point. Many can attest to earning everything offline. But I understand not wanting to take any chances in case something unexpected occurs with the shutdown. Two weeks is a tough task solely due to the difficulty, especially with the DLC tacked on. I myself have had to take breaks from it due to, well, raging haha. Studying and trying to emulate runs on YouTube really helped me, though.

Either way, good luck!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Copanele said:

7/10 - DNF Duel via Metagame (pretty much the only site that rated this game a 7.5).

I don't know if Metagame should count @Rebourne07, there no link nor trophy guide linked most of the time, i'm wondering where the difficulty rating come from ? Vote ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DazzaFett said:

I hadnt realised that Mirror's Edge servers were being shut down.

But then i thought it was a single player game which is what is states the mode is on PSNP.

Looking at the Trophy List i couldnt see any mention of any MP Trophies either. Do you know what is supposed to be effected then?

Edit-  I just looked through the forums and its mentioned by a few people that you can still play and earn 100% of the Trophies offline so the server closure does not effect Trophies and only means you can no longer sync your times with the leaderboards etc.

21 minutes ago, luketheduke12 said:

I'm working on Mirror's Edge, too. As you haven't started it yet, if you play all the trials offline, you shouldn't have any issues down the road, since online hasn't been necessary for trophies up to this point. Many can attest to earning everything offline. But I understand not wanting to take any chances in case something unexpected occurs with the shutdown. Two weeks is a tough task solely due to the difficulty, especially with the DLC tacked on. I myself have had to take breaks from it due to, well, raging haha. Studying and trying to emulate runs on YouTube really helped me, though.

Either way, good luck!

Thank you both! And, yeah, the game is supposed to be doable offline. You're absolutely right! I'm just being super cautious like luketheduke12 noted. My main concern is with the Time Trials. The PS3T trophy guide mentioned downloading ghost data to help you practice runs, for example, and I don't want to lose that as a resource if needed (though YouTube videos could certainly replace that.) I'll plan to do everything offline as suggested though.. And, yeah, the two week limit may be ambitious, and I may not make it. But, we'll see how it goes, lol.

Good luck to you too, @luketheduke12!

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Esca said:

I don't know if Metagame should count @Rebourne07, there no link nor trophy guide linked most of the time, i'm wondering where the difficulty rating come from ? Vote ?

Idk how it gets its ratings, but I know I can't give a game a rating on there if I want so it's gotta be determined by the site owner or a team there or something. It doesn't have guides most of the time you're right, but neither does PlatPrices. It does provide links to guides like PlatPrices. I've seen a few questionable ratings from Metagame, but nothing too off the wall so I'd say it still counts. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

Thank you both! And, yeah, the game is supposed to be doable offline. You're absolutely right! I'm just being super cautious like luketheduke12 noted. My main concern is with the Time Trials. The PS3T trophy guide mentioned downloading ghost data to help you practice runs, for example, and I don't want to lose that as a resource if needed (though YouTube videos could certainly replace that.) I'll plan to do everything offline as suggested though.. And, yeah, the two week limit may be ambitious, and I may not make it. But, we'll see how it goes, lol.

Good luck to you too, @luketheduke12!

One Tip i did read when i was looking through it earlier is that tha game can sometimes corrupt your save file and when that happens you can get your times back from the online if you have been uploading them. However it was noted that its very good practice when playing offline that you take regular back up saves so if your local save does get corrupted you can just restore from your backup.  I also didnt know about the Ghost that you can follow but like you say that is probably less needed now than it was 14 years ago when You Tube didnt have everything you need to follow.  Good Luck with it and i will be going for it myself at some point as i have 1 Trophy popped on it so i am committed to doing it at some point, I just cant spend the next two weeks grinding it. 

• Like 2

@DazzaFett - Thank you so much! I'll keep all that in mind, and make sure I go online every once in a while to upload to the PS Plus Cloud as a backup. I'll also need to read through the Mirror's Edge forums here before officially starting, just to make sure there's not anything else I need to be aware of. I've only got two more story missions left in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. So, I'll be making the switch over soon. You and @luketheduke12 have been really helpful. Thanks again, and I wish you both luck on the game, too! I love how supportive this community can be! :)

Edited by InfinateEternity
Spelling...
  • Like 3

Cleared another difficulty, the 3/10 one.

1/10 Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!

2/10 Tales of Arise ☑️ Difficulty taken from https://psnprofiles.com/guide/12881-tales-of-arise-trophy-guide

3/10 Crystar ☑️ Difficulty taken from https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14958-crystar-trophy-guide

4/10 Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

5/10 Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

6/10 Hades

7/10 Ys Origin

8/10 TBD

9/10 TBD

10/10 TBD

• Like 3

I'll fill in the empy spots in the list once I come up with something for each. Some are potentially subject to change if I happen to complete another game of the same difficulty first, will also update if so.

1/10 -

2/10 -

3/10 - Shenmue III

4/10 - God of War Ascension (starting now)

5/10 - Resident Evil 0

6/10 - 

7/10 - Kena Bridge of Spirits

8/10 - Slay the Spire

9/10 - Hollow Knight

10/10 - Super Meat Boy

Couple notes:

-All my individual difficulty ratings will come from PSNProfiles, to keep things straightforward.

-I'm starting all of these games from scratch, haven't made any progress on them prior to this year or this post.

-Will not use glitches/cheats to avoid the actual challenge of these games, like Kena's Master bypass or HK's invincibility BS. Don't see the point.

-Not that it matters for the challenge, but when applicable I'll also go for full 100% rather than just the platinum (e.g. Shenmue).

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 1

Alright full list ready! Feel good about it, a few of the games have been on my account a while so good chance to clean them up.

274c.png1/10 - Oxenfree 

2705.png 2/10 - Coffee Talk (1/1/23)

2705.png 3/10 - Detroit: Become Human (4/1/23)

274c.png 4/10 - A Plague Tale: Requiem

274c.png 5/10 - Sid Meier's Civilization VI 

274c.png 6/10 - Yakuza Kiwami 2 

274c.png 7/10 - Yakuza Kiwami 0% --> 25%

274c.png 8/10 - Bloodborne

274c.png 9/10 - The Evil Within

274c.png 10/10 - Hollow Knight

Things might change but happy with this for now! Goodluck all ?

Edited by L0sT_NZ_Kazekage
  • Like 2