Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

Alright, my hunt for the OCD badge continues with Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart at number 2 (dropped Edith Finch for the time being).

Definitely one of the better Ratchet games, and honestly probably my favorite PS5 exclusive so far.  I  don't think I'll be doing Biomutant (at least not right now) so I'll be swapping out my number 3 (and number 4, so I can fit Team Sonic Racing in here and the Ultra Rare event).  But for now, 1 and 2 are done!

1. Toem (PSNProfiles)

2. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (PSNProfiles)

3. Who knows!

• Like 4

On 1/5/2023 at 7:46 AM, barra333 said:

I put together an initial plan on how to get this done....

<snip>

Since the minor detail of one of my games in this platinum difficulty challenge not actually having a platinum was pointed out, I made a couple of changes...

1 - Word Search by POWGI

2 - Word Maze by POWGI

3 - Bouncy Bullets :platinum: (1 Jan)

4 - Hot Wheels Unleashed

5 - Xenon Racer

6 - Heavenly Bodies

7 - Ride 3

8 - The Witness

9 - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 (hard parts done)

10 - Assetto Corsa (fingers crossed)

I'm not specifically aiming for any badges, but if I pull this off as planned, I will be good for several. Will work out exactly which ones later on. EDIT: Beleive it or not, despite having 4 racing games on the list, I can probably make "Jack of all trades" work if I swap word maze for a non-puzzle, non-racing game.

Edited by barra333
  • Like 3

Another one knocked off today. 

4. Assassin's Creed: Revelations :platinum: 6/1

8. Dragon Age: Inquisition :platinum:  1/1

AC:R has been sitting at 72% on my profile for 3.5 years after I rage quit on it (and, looking at my historic trophy log, gaming altogether for a couple of months!) after attempting to take on the godawful nonsense of the Lost Archive 'DLC', which is required for the PS4 platinum. Clearly I've mellowed with age as I managed to both finish the main game cleanup and power through the DLC this time, although crossing the Styx unscathed took me a hell of a lot longer than I'm willing to admit publicly. The Lost Archive trophies were a lot tougher than 4/10 IMO - even though the toughest one can be glitched through, and I make no apologies for doing it! - although tbf I'm pretty sure the base game wasn't particularly challenging (or memorable, most of the story stuff was done quite a while ago!). Could use the 5/10 on playstationtrophies I suppose, but as I still haven't decided what to take on in the year ahead yet we'll keep it at 4 for now.

I only skim-read the badge requirements when I signed up a few days ago and clearly misunderstood the process of badges to lists and games etc. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think so far the combination of these two will net me Above & Beyond and Award Winner for Inquisiton (100 hours) and Finally! for both. As I don't have a plan for the year ahead I don't know if I'll be aiming for more as yet, we'll see what the months ahead bring.

• Like 4

Laf74c9.png

Job Simulator Complete ? 3 down 7 to go!

☑️ 1/10 - Job Simulator (PSNProfiles:platinum: on 06/01/2023
☑️ 2/10 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on 03/01/2023

❎ 3/10 - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 4/10 - Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality (MetaGame) - :platinum: on ???

☑️ 5/10 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on 01/01/2023

❎ 6/10 - Mafia: Definitive Edition (PSNProfile) - :platinum: on ???
❎ 7/10 - Lucky's Tale (VR) (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 8/10 - The Evil Within 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 9/10 - Fall Guys (PS5 Version) (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ??? 

❎ 10/10 - Scene it? Bright Lights! Big Screen! (PlaystationTrophies.org) - :platinum: on ???

@Rebourne07 I think I'll be swapping out my 4/10 and 7/10...Don't think the VR is right for me, give me really bad motion sickness ? So I will update my list soon ?

Edited by RicosTrophyHunt
  • Like 2

On 1.12.2022 at 8:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

GfmFq8n.png Guide Writer - You personally wrote the trophy guide for a game on your list

@Rebourne07 I will play Ys VIII on PS5 for this challenge. I wrote the guide for the PS4 version. Trophy-wise, nothing has changed for the PS5 version compared to PS4. Does that count? Or do I need to write a guide for the PS5 version to get the Guide Writer badge?

Guide: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6533-ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-trophy-guide

Game (PS5): https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/19385-ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

Gonna give this a go! This is what my list is looking like for now, but might swap a few things around.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (Telltale)

2. Undertale

3. GTA: Vice City

4. Horizon: Forbidden West

5. Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core Reunion

6. Kingdom Hearts II

7. Hades

8. Cuphead

9. Returnal

10. Devil May Cry V

Edit: Swapped out Miles Morales with Undertale!

Edited by SenkaiSora
  • Like 1

Here's my new list with the VR games removed

2611.png 1/10 - Job Simulator (PSNProfiles:platinum: on 06/01/2023
2611.png 2/10 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on 03/01/2023

274e.png 3/10 - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

274e.png 4/10 - Stray (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ???

2611.png 5/10 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on 01/01/2023

274e.png 6/10 - Mafia: Definitive Edition (PSNProfile) - :platinum: on ???
274e.png 7/10 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ???

274e.png 8/10 - The Evil Within 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

274e.png 9/10 - Fall Guys (PS5 Version) (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ??? 

274e.png 10/10 - Scene it? Bright Lights! Big Screen! (PlaystationTrophies.org) - :platinum: on ???

• Like 1

I'm glad my list is on the page 1 since there are 500 replies! I was a supporter since the beginning @Rebourne07, don't forget your true fans lol.

I'm going to change Marvel's Spiderman with The Sims 4 since I'm playing this one and the platinum is at hand; don't see myself doing Spiderman this year, even if it's January. Really good game but the pacing puts me off everytime. Also haven't touched it since forever.

I'm also doubting about OW2, but the year is long and I have time to decide.

Good luck everyone with their lists?

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 3

1. the rex t (1/10 platprices.com) :platinum:1/1/23

2. xump jump (2/10 platprices.com) :platinum:1/1/23

3. god of war 2 (3/10 psnprofiles)

4.god of war ascension (4/10 psnprofile) :platinum: 1/5/23

5. god of war hd (5/10 psnprofile) :platinum: 1/6/23

6. ffvii remake (6.5/10 powerpyx) :platinum:1/1/23

7. ghost runner (7/10 pstrophies)

8.destiny 2 (7.5/10 powerpyx) :platinum:1/1/23

9.celeste (9/10 pstrophies) :platinum:1/2/23

10. TBD

having a blast earning trophies and badges. If I read the qualifications right for the badges I should now have earned

Above and beyond-----Destiny 2

Brownie Points----FFVII remake

Fresh Starter--- 7 Platinumed games this year 

Old School--Final Fantasy VII remake, God of war 2 HD, and God of war ascension(Not 100% sure on this one though since I don't know of the God of war games count as official remakes)

Rare Letter---Xump Jump

34 minutes ago, BatMandalorian7 said:

1. the rex t (1/10 platprices.com) :platinum:1/1/23

2. xump jump (2/10 platprices.com) :platinum:1/1/23

3. god of war 2 (3/10 psnprofiles)

4.god of war ascension (4/10 psnprofile) :platinum: 1/5/23

5. god of war hd (5/10 psnprofile) :platinum: 1/6/23

6. ffvii remake (6.5/10 powerpyx) :platinum:1/1/23

7. ghost runner (7/10 pstrophies)

8.destiny 2 (7.5/10 powerpyx) :platinum:1/1/23

9.celeste (9/10 pstrophies) :platinum:1/2/23

10. TBD

having a blast earning trophies and badges. If I read the qualifications right for the badges I should now have earned

Above and beyond-----Destiny 2

Brownie Points----FFVII remake

Fresh Starter--- 7 Platinumed games this year 

Old School--Final Fantasy VII remake, God of war 2 HD, and God of war ascension(Not 100% sure on this one though since I don't know of the God of war games count as official remakes)

Rare Letter---Xump Jump

God of War Ascension is no re-release so it's not eligible for Old School but once you complete God of War 2 HD you have enough for Old School (God of War HD, GoW 2 HD, FFVII Remake).

Everything else seems correct to me :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, barra333 said:

Since the minor detail of one of my games in this platinum difficulty challenge not actually having a platinum was pointed out, I made a couple of changes...

1 - Word Search by POWGI

2 - Word Maze by POWGI

3 - Bouncy Bullets :platinum: (1 Jan)

4 - Hot Wheels Unleashed

5 - Xenon Racer

6 - Heavenly Bodies

7 - Ride 3

8 - The Witness

9 - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 (hard parts done)

10 - Assetto Corsa (fingers crossed)

I'm not specifically aiming for any badges, but if I pull this off as planned, I will be good for several. Will work out exactly which ones later on. EDIT: Beleive it or not, despite having 4 racing games on the list, I can probably make "Jack of all trades" work if I swap word maze for a non-puzzle, non-racing game.

Where did you find Tony Hawk rating a 9/10? everywhere rates it an 8/10 from what I've seen. Thanks!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Where did you find Tony Hawk rating a 9/10? everywhere rates it an 8/10 from what I've seen. Thanks!

The average of the votes on PST comes out to 8.4 (if I did the math right). Per the rules, I can use it as an 8 or 9.

• Like 1

dcf1dc_64684d9ae9584a01bef7b2a7baf1a5b3~
I finally got the platinum trophy in Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales!.
This has been in my backlog for quite sometime but I have not really had the energy to play New Game+ to get the platinum trophy.
Thanks to this challenge it helped me get across the finishing line! 
This challenge is really helping clean up my backlog and keeping me on track against my long-term goal.

I am glad this one is done and I will now move over to the next project, which will be to cleanup God Of War Ragnarök.

274e.png 1/10 - Tunic 

274e.png 3/10 - F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

274e.png 4/10 - God of War: Ragnarok

274e.png 5/10 - Trek to Yomi

274e.png 6/10 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion

274e.png 7/10 - Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

274e.png 8/10 - Elden Ring

274e.png 9/10 - Returnal

274e.png 10/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Edited by Stedde
  • Like 4

On 12/19/2022 at 6:15 AM, Holy_Nolly said:

Alright here is my list for this year

1/10 Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered PS4 Drama :platinum: 1/1/2023

2/10 Persona 5 Royal PS5 Role-Playing :platinum: 1/4/2023

3/10 Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight PS4 Music :platinum: 1/6/2023

4/10 Persona 5 Strikers PS4 Hack & Slash/Beat'em up :platinum: 1/6/2023

5/10 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PS5 Open World :platinum: 1/6/2023

6/10 Zombi PS4 Survival :platinum: 1/7/2023

7/10 Nigh Remastered PS5 Historical :platinum: 1/7/2023

8/10 Demon’s Souls PS3 Fantasy :platinum: 1/7/2023

9/10 Celeste PS4 Platform :hidden:

10/10 Wuppo PS4 Indie :hidden:

Above and Beyond: Persona 5 Royal, Skyrim

Award Winner: Persona 5 Royal

Finally: Demon’s Souls

Fresh Starter: Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered, Persona 5 Royal, Persona 5 Dancing Starlight, Zombi, Celeste, Wuppo

Jack of All Trades: With updated rules.

Masochist: Wuppo on my list and if this guide for Demon’s Souls qualifies

Old School: Life is Starnge: Before the Storm Remastered, Persona 5 Royal (PS5), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS5), Nioh Remastered

One Trick Pony: All are Action except for Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight

PS4 Master: Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Persona 5 Dancing, Persona 5 Strikers, Zombi, Celeste, Wuppo

Rare Letter: Z for Zombi

Series Conqueror: The 3 Persona Games

Going to try to go for OCD as well. Not entirely sure if I do qualify for the “Old School” Badge. Part of me says yes, part of me says no. But I’ll leave that decision to @Rebourne07 I have a second list in the works as well. Going to post that when I can but wanted to get this one up here for now. Looking forward to the start of the new year. Best of luck to everyone participating. I hope you’re all able to complete your list(s).

@Rebourne07 Just platinumed Zombi, Nioh Remastered, and Demon’s Souls putting me at 8 out of 10 platinums complete and officially Silver Tier if I’m not mistaken. Earned some badges along the way too.

Above and Beyond: Persona 5 Royal

Award Winner: Persona 5 Royal

Finally: Demon’s Souls

Old School: Life is Strange Before the Storm Remastered, Persona 5 Royal (PS5), Skyrim (PS5), Nioh Remastered

One Trick Pony: 7 out of 8 of the platinums on my list are Action

Rare Letter: Zombi

Series Conqueror: Persona Games

Still in the running for OCD and working towards the other badges listed in the original post. Just have to finish the list for those though.

• Like 2

Finished God of War Ascension just in time before my subscription ends. One down, nine to go.

I also managed to figure out the 2/10 and 6/10 games - still considering the 1/10 as I'd like it not to be some throwaway shovelware but rather something enjoyable, like a solid visual novel. And since I'm basing this entirely off of PSNP ratings and the site is missing quite a few guides for the niche titles, it's a bit hard to find the right fit.

1/10 -

2/10 - Maneater

3/10 - House of the Dead Remake

4/10 - God of War Ascension

5/10 - Resident Evil 0

6/10 - Knack

7/10 - Kena Bridge of Spirits

8/10 - Slay the Spire

9/10 - Hollow Knight

10/10 - Super Meat Boy

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 1