Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

3 minutes ago, Salamandxrs said:

@Rebourne07

i just made pop my 7th platinum if you want to check my list

Awesome :) Please post again with the titles/links etc and show which ones you have completed and which are yet to be completed and any info on badges earned. I link to those posts in the leaderboards and it helps to not have to search each persons account. I'll put you in Bronze tier once you do :)

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Salamandxrs Congrats on Bronze tier and 2 badges! You're only the 5th person on the leaderboards so far :D You're one action game away from One Trick Pony and many of those others will come as you finish the list. Btw Genshin Impact only has the blue EHQ award so it can't earn the Award Winner badge sorry. Good luck on those last 3, especially Skyforge! Platinuming an MMO is no joke lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lyuuq2 said:

all of you are insane (in good way) i am stuck in 3/10 game  ,wery grindy and some already finished full list

Haha yeah, the beginning of the year blows me away cause people mow down games like it's nothing. But later when the majority of players hit the 8s, 9s and 10s it slows down a bit. 

0kR066p.jpg

• Like 3

@Rebourne07

I just got the plat for Tomb Raider: Legend my difficulty 4/10.

[Side Note: I posted on the 4th Jan that I had completed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 7/10. That should have put me at Bronze tier but I didn't specifically call it out at the time].

I dusted off my PS3 last year to tidy up the games I had from my early days of PlayStation 3 when I wasn't as dedicated to earning trophies. It's been fun and nostalgic to revisit these games.

[I wouldn't  go so far as to say games of my youth because that would imply that I am younger than I am ?]

Going back to Tomb Raider was fun and I'm glad I added it to my list but it's time to move on.

So list currently looks like:

1 - Life is Strange - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

2 - Until Dawn - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

3 - Assassin's Creed Valhalla - PS5 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

4 - Tomb Raider: Legend - PS3 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty] - Completed 10/01/2023 - 20:27

5 - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Remaster - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

6 - Hades - PS5 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

7 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty] - Completed 04/01/2023 - 07:09

8 - Dark Souls Remastered - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

9 - Returnal - PS5 [PlatPrices]

10 - Diablo II: Resurrected - PS4 [PlatPrices]

Badges:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [110 Hours]

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago - Tomb Raider: Legend [1st Trophy: 27th Dec 2011]

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Skagarrin said:

Side Note: I posted on the 4th Jan that I had completed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 7/10. That should have put me at Bronze tier but I didn't specifically call it out at the time

You have completed 2 of 10 games so far and Bronze Tier is 7 of 10 games :) ii's not just 7/10 difficulty :P:D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

On 1.12.2022 at 8:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Rules

Reveal hidden contents
  • The difficulty ratings can come from any trophy related website, but they cannot be your personal ratings. You must submit proof in the form of a link for each game's difficulty rating. 
  • Each platinum you want to count must have a timestamp within the year 2023. You can make any amount of progress you want to before then, but the platinum trophy must be unlocked in the year 2023.
  • If you are not eligible for PSNProfiles leaderboards, you cannot enter this competition. 
    • EIwRy6H.png Everyone must be able to see these on your profile for you to participate
  • You can join the challenge anytime and with any amount of progress already made. The challenge will be open throughout all of 2023.
  • Auto-pop platinums count. The goal of this event isn't to put a bunch of restrictions on everyone to make it as hardcore as possible. The goal is to have fun. If you wanna auto-pop Spider-Man Remastered for your 3/10, that's fine. 
  • You can platinum the games in any order.
  • Games without a platinum do not count, regardless of the difficulty rating of achieving 100%. 
  • No DLC or 100% required, only the platinum trophy.
  • Each difficulty level must be completed. You cannot substitute a higher level platinum in place of a lower level platinum. It's important to the challenge that you experience every level of difficulty 1-10.
  • When it comes to glitches or exploits...anything goes. If you want to use in game cheats on Hades, god mode on Control, the invincibility glitch on Hollow Knight, or you got Infallible on Fall Guys back when it was glitchable...then you can count those. Hacking or other cheating that can be determined through timestamps will of course be removed and not count and you are subject to being reported to PSNProfiles mods, but platinums earned through glitches and exploits will be counted.
  • Some websites differ in their difficulty ratings for the same game. For example, Resident Evil Village is listed as a 5/10 on PSNProfiles, but a 7/10 on PlatPrices. Using Resident Evil Village for either your 5 or 7 is acceptable, just not both. Like you cannot do the PS4 version as your 5 and the PS5 version as your 7. Each game needs to be unique.
    • Side Note: If you do more than one list in the same year, you can count both versions of the same game. They just have to be on different lists.
  • For community voted polls, either the average or the rating with the highest number of votes counts. If the site doesn't calculate the average for you, you can use this Vote Average Calculator I wrote to make it easier. In order to use community voted poll ratings the poll has to have 10+ votes on it.
  • If you find a rating on a site that is X.1, X.5, X.X etc. then you can count it as either/or as long as it's X.1+. So, for example, say you find a game that is rated as 6.4/10, then you can count it as either your 6 or your 7. This will especially happen a lot on playstationtrophies.org with ultra difficult games since the community vote method ensures a game can be 9.X, but will almost certainly never be voted as a pure 10/10. In the case of a game that is 9.1+/10, you can count it as a 9 or a 10.
  • Please do not argue with others in the comments about their difficulty ratings. A moderator of the event can ask them for a link to prove their ratings, but if there's a link that shows the rating, please don't argue that the game is easier or harder than what they have listed.

How to Join/Participate

Reveal hidden contents
  • To sign up for the event, just comment here! It's best to comment a list of games you want to go for. Do some research on difficulty ratings of games you want to play and look up a few 7/10, 8/10, 9/10 and 10/10 games to see if you want to commit to this challenge. It will not be easy. That said, even if you provide a list of games you want to do, you are never locked into those games. You can change any game, any time. Also, its perfectly ok to plan from the beginning to only go for a bronze, silver or gold tier. There's a world of difference between a 9/10 game and a 10/10 game so if you'd like to participate in the challenge but not stress over going all the way, that's ok!
  • As you platinum a unique game from each difficulty level, post it here to update us. You don't have to post every game if you want to skip posting about the lower difficulty games, but you are welcome to. If you've already posted a game from one difficulty rating, say a 5/10, then you platinum another 5/10 game...don't post the second one unless it applies to a separate list. One game per rating per list please.
  • When you complete a tier, please tag me in a comment and I will add your name to the leaderboards section!
  • When you have completed all 10 difficulty ratings of the challenge and your name is on the Platinum tier of the leaderboards, you can add this sweet challenge completion badge to your signature to show off your mad skills! Special thanks to @DrBloodmoney for designing the event badge!

IOC9pUr.jpeg

Sample List

Your list can be in whatever format you want. Please have links to your ratings somewhere in your posts, at least by the time you're reporting that they are complete. It's also good to have some indicator on there as to which ones are complete and which ones have still yet to be done like a green check or platinum symbol on completed ones. It's also good to lay out the badges you're going for since that'll help you keep your goals organized, give others good ideas on what games they can use to earn badges or possibly I or others can help spot a mistake if you've incorrectly judged the requirements for a badge. 

xO0tA3H.png

Just found this and am thinking this is a good challenge while working on my backlog. One q: If I sign up now, do previously platinumed games count aswell from this year? My example: AC Revelations from January, 7th. 

Gonna go and figure out a list for this challenge. Sounds promising, keep it up! ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gnillisch said:

So if they count here's my list. (Will update if needed)

1/10 - Life is Strange Remastered
2/10 -Seasons after Fall 2705.png January, 9th
3/10 - The Council 
4/10 -Assassin's Creed Revelations 2705.png January, 7th
5/10 - Driver San Francisco
6/10 - Grand Theft Auto V
7/10 - Split/Second Velocity
8/10 - Medal of Honor Warfighter
9/10 - Back 4 Blood
10/10 - The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena

List looks great and yeah your plats from before you join count since they are in 2023. Welcome :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Haha yeah, the beginning of the year blows me away cause people mow down games like it's nothing. But later when the majority of players hit the 8s, 9s and 10s it slows down a bit. 

0kR066p.jpg

I know that feeling. Still motivated but it's bound to catch up to me at some point. Currently working on my 10/10, Wuppo. Finished the main game and all associated trophies with that today. All that's left is All Boss Mode. A bit daunting but I'm sure I can get it done at some point. Will be starting it as soon as I get home from work. 

• Like 1

is there a place for me here this look like a great challenge for me to i wil update my games once i know i can join this challenge final fantasy type0hd 3/10 dark souls remastered 8/10  biomutant 3/10  hades 6/10 detroit become human 3/10 sekiro shadows die twice7/10 borderlands 2 4/10  i hope its eligble for to join this event  

Edited by zalcarezio
  • Like 1