Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

40 minutes ago, zalcarezio said:

is there a place for me here this look like a great challenge for me to i wil update my games once i know i can join this challenge final fantasy type0hd 3/10 dark souls remastered 8/10  biomutant 3/10  hades 6/10 detroit become human 3/10 sekiro shadows die twice7/10 borderlands 2 4/10  i hope its eligble for to join this event  

Go for it. It's open all year. Just know that your list needs a game of EACH difficulty rating. I'm sure those in your post are just some games you're looking at though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Holy_Nolly said:

Go for it. It's open all year. Just know that your list needs a game of EACH difficulty rating. I'm sure those in your post are just some games you're looking at though. 

okay i thought that the sign ups where closed though because i did not see if it was open ore not for to sign up i do that but on my laptop i type now my mobile and since a laptop is far much better then typing on my phone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zalcarezio said:

is there a place for me here this look like a great challenge for me to i wil update my games once i know i can join this challenge final fantasy type0hd 3/10 dark souls remastered 8/10  biomutant 3/10  hades 6/10 detroit become human 3/10 sekiro shadows die twice7/10 borderlands 2 4/10  i hope its eligble for to join this event  

Yeah man welcome to the challenge. At a glance those look good but when you have time just put together a formatted list with links to your ratings and you’re in :) 

On 10/01/2023 at 5:59 PM, NaughtNaught said:

Nice one! What would be a good Souls platinum after Bloodborne? I'm a bit intimidated by the amount of Souls games there are and don't know which one to play next. Will definitely play Elden Ring when I get a chance but not sure what else. 

Personally i would go for Sekiro next if i were you. Its quite different from the others in terms of the game play mechanics, However like Bloodborne it has a much faster combat style compared to the Demon's and Dark Souls games but the whole fighting mechanics are quite different so i feel its best to get that one done and then move on to the other Souls games which all have a much more similar fighting mechanic to each other compared to Sekiro.  I have not Played Elden Ring yet so i cant comment on that but i am also excited to play it and i have it in one of my planned lists for this year as well. 

Very nearly finishd my 6/10 game (I am doing them in order so that i can grab the OCD badge) which will be completed tonight when i get on and so will then be starting my 7/10 game which is supposed to be about 10 hours so will hopefully will be able to enter the leaderboards sometime over this weekend.

@Rebourne07 Another Badge Idea for next year -    Joker - 6 or more games have the Comedy Theme in one list.

Edited by DazzaFett
  • Like 3

Might be putting Wuppo aside for the time being and either go for a different 10/10 or work on a different list. No problem with the difficulty, in fact, I like the challenge but I just completed a Sub 25 minute Boss Run and because the game for some reasons crashes after every boss run, it didn’t sync with the leaderboards and the trophy didn’t pop. Now that is annoying.

Edit: Trophy popped after a another Boss Run.

Edited by Holy_Nolly
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Holy_Nolly said:

Might be putting Wuppo aside for the time being and either go for a different 10/10 or work on a different list.

I think you cant change the games any longer if you are on the leaderboards. But you can work on a different list if i understood the concept of the event correctly :)

3 minutes ago, Inuty said:

I think you cant change the games any longer if you are on the leaderboards. But you can work on a different list if i understood the concept of the event correctly :)

Either way, I’ll most likely just start a new a list, just can’t earn badges on it until I platinum either that list or my current one.

Just now, Holy_Nolly said:

Either way, I’ll most likely just start a new a list, just can’t earn badges on it until I platinum either that list or my current one.

I thought i read it at least but cant find it anymore, maybe it was just a rule i imagin myself. I think @Rebourne07 can clear this up :)

Nevermind. Just tried another boss run for the other trophy I need and upon failing that, the trophy for the sub 25 minute run popped. Odd but I’ll take it. I guess it managed to sync to leaderboard then. Anyway, one trophy to go. Still going to be a challenge and might work on a second list in between so I don’t get too frustrated.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Inuty said:

I thought that you cant change a game that has been accepted on to the Leaderboard but you can swap out ones you are still working on. So my thinking is that once you are on the Bronze Leaderboard then those 7 games are locked in but the remaing games are not, Or if your List has made it to the Gold Leaderboard then those 9 games are locked in but your remaining game is not committed until its been completed.

That would make sense to me as once you have a Platinum and thats on the Leaderboard then it should really be commited to that list but you may need to swap out a game not yet completed if for some reason a Trophy glitched on you and the Platinum became unobtainable. If that happened on your first list and you were unable to swap it out then you would not be able to complete any more lists for the whole challenge as you can only submit an second list once the first has reached Platinum level.  Perhaps @Rebourne07 can confirm for us just in case.

Sup guys, just to clarify you can swap any uncompleted game anytime even if you’re on the leaderboards. If you wanna swap out a completed game that’d be ok too…but since it’d affect badges you’d have to really spell out for me exactly what the changes would entail so that it’s not annoying for me to figure it all out myself lol 

• Like 4

Update

274e.png 1/10 - Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (PlatPrices.com)
2611.png 2/10 - What Remains of Edith Finch (PlatPrices.com:platinum: on 01/01/2023

2611.png 3/10 - God of War III Remastered (PlatPrices.com:platinum: on 01/12/2023

274e.png 4/10 - Dishonored 2 (PlatPrices.com)

274e.png 5/10 - Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PlatPrices.com)

274e.png 6/10 - Titanfall 2 (PlatPrices.com)
274e.png 7/10 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PlatPrices.com)

274e.png 8/10 - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PlatPrices.com)

274e.png 9/10 - Returnal (PlatPrices.com)

274e.png 10/10 - Trackmania Turbo (PlatPrices.com)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Sup guys, just to clarify you can swap any uncompleted game anytime even if you’re on the leaderboards. If you wanna swap out a completed game that’d be ok too…but since it’d affect badges you’d have to really spell out for me exactly what the changes would entail so that it’s not annoying for me to figure it all out myself lol 

Thanks for clarification, something new learned for me them as well :)

@DazzaFett then you are right and i mixed it up, but make sense you are not able to swap completed games anymore

With the announcement of Life is Strange coming to PS Exta I'm going to change out Oxenfree for it.

Also changing Civ 6 for FF7 Remake as Civ 6 is more a game I like to relax with instead of rush for trophies!

On another note, haven't got another plat just yet but made some good progess with Kiwami. Managed to do most the Climax battles and might get them done today or tomorrow.

Not looking forward to the car chase on legendary, the one on Yakuza 0 was bad enough. Anyway, here is the updated list. I will work out badges later on. 

274c.png1/10 - Life is Strange

2705.png 2/10 - Coffee Talk (1/1/23)

2705.png 3/10 - Detroit: Become Human (4/1/23)

274c.png 4/10 - A Plague Tale: Requiem

274c.png 5/10 - Final Fantasy VII Remake

274c.png 6/10 - Yakuza Kiwami 2 

274c.png 7/10 - Yakuza Kiwami 25% --> 50%

274c.png 8/10 - Bloodborne

274c.png 9/10 - The Evil Within

274c.png 10/10 - Hollow Knight

Edited by L0sT_NZ_Kazekage
  • Like 3

Ghostrunner completed as my 6/10. Great game, was hard at times, I think I agree with the 6/10 rating if you don't use assist mode, which is what I did. With assist mode you can go from dying in 1 hit to dying in 2 hits, and slow the entire game down like you're speedhacking or something. I imagine that makes it a lot easier so you can use it to cheese a 6 or 7 if you want to.

1-

2-

3-

4- Deathloop

5- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

6- Ghostrunner

7-

8-

9-

10-

Worms WMD still only needs the online trophies to do which will be 7. Besides that I'm thinking of playing Maneater and Shadow Warrior 3 which off the top of my head I think are 2 and 3 respectively. Hollow Knight: Silksong will 99% be on my list when it comes out (hopefully 10).

I'm not sure what to do for 1. It's the difficulty I care the least about and have the least fun playing. I'm thinking of TOEM, but idk. Maybe I'll look through and see if there's a game I can put for 1 which is more my style.

Edited by disaster500
spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, disaster500 said:

Ghostrunner completed as my 6/10. Great game, was hard at times, I think I agree with the 6/10 rating if you don't use assist mode, which is what I did. With assist mode you can go from dying in 1 hit to dying in 2 hits, and slow the entire game down like you're speedhacking or something. I imagine that makes it a lot easier so you can use it to cheese a 6 or 7 if you want to.

1-

2-

3-

4- Deathloop

5- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

6- Ghostrunner

7-

8-

9-

10-

Worms WMD still only needs the online trophies to do which will be 7. Besides that I'm thinking of playing Maneater and Shadow Warrior 3 which I off the top of my head I think are 2 and 3 respectively. Hollow Knight: Silksong will 99% be on my list when it comes out (hopefully 10).

I'm not sure what to do for 1. It's the difficulty I care the least about and have the least fun playing. I'm thinking of TOEM, but idk. Maybe I'll look through and see if there's a game I can put for 1 which is more my style.

Donut County or Snakeybus for 1/10 :) Other suggestions are in the Resources section of the main post.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zalcarezio said:

Anyone can join 

• Like 1

I am looking forward to participate in this challenge! I want to continue playing more final fantasy games this year!

1/10 - Toem

2/10 - Spirit of the North

3/10 - Final Fantasy XIII-2

4/10 - God of War: Ragnarok 

5/10 - Jak II

6/10 - Final Fantasy X-2 

7/10 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

8/10 - Final Fantasy IX

9/10 - Returnal (PlatPrices)

10/10 - Fall guys

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JakobDonkey said:

I am looking forward to participate in this challenge! I want to continue playing more final fantasy games this year!

1/10 - Toem

2/10 - Spirit of the North

3/10 - Final Fantasy XIII-2

4/10 - God of War: Ragnarok 

5/10 - Jak II

6/10 - Final Fantasy X-2 

7/10 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

8/10 - Final Fantasy IX

9/10 - Returnal (PlatPrices)

10/10 - Fall guys

Welcome to the challenge! Best list I've seen so far! (I love FF haha) You should also join Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

1. Use Your Words

2. Farming Simulator 19

3. Portal Knights

4. Fantasy Strike :platinum: (11/1/23)

5. Star Wars Battlefront II

6. Zombi

7. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

8. Unturned

9. WipEout Omega Collection

10. Dreadnought :platinum: (13/1/23)

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Dreadnought 2705.png

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - Use Your Words, Farming Simulator 19, Fantasy Strike, Star Wars Battlefront II, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, Unturned, WipEout Omega Collection

XYD6tMN.png Hardcore - All 10 games are Ultra Rare on PSNP

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades - Party, Business, RPG, Fighting, Science Fiction, Horror, Warfare, Survival, Racing, Simulator

zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - WipEout Omega Collection

F5psQ31.png Masochist - WipEout Omega Collection voted as 10 by forum users on PST.org

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - All 10 are PS4 games

rusKixo.png Rare Genre - Business (Farming Simulator 19)

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Z (Zombi)

UPDATE: Got my 10 done. It was a fun time playing with friends but the grind was really bad. 

10/10 250-350hrs O_O!!!