Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

2 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

10/10 250-350hrs O_O!!!

Total time according to my hours played across both versions is 115 hours and to be honest I personally wouldn't rate it a 10. It's more likely a 7 due to a PvE mode called Havoc that you can't boost and need a good team of 4 for. Everything else can be boosted and it's actually a very fun game. Playing 1000 matches is what makes it so grindy. If you were to legit play 1000 it would be 250-300 hours but there is a faster way that involves wiping in the Havoc mode on wave 1 so you can get a match played every 3 minutes or so. Still not that quick but better than the alternative lol. Servers shut in March so if anyone is interested in it you gotta be quick.

• Like 2

On 11/01/2023 at 10:48 PM, Groudon9000 said:

Here is my current 1-10 list:

1/10 – Persona 5 Royal (PS5) - Role-playing (RPG)

2/10 – Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4) - Visual Novel

3/10 – Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (NA Version) (PS4) -  Adventure (DONE)

4/10 – Control (PS4) - Science fiction (DONE)

5/10 –  NieR: Automata (PS4) - Hack and slash/Beat 'em up

6/10 –  Superliminal (PS4) - Puzzle

7/10 – F.E.A.R 3 (PS3) - Shooter (DONE)

8/10 – Ark Survival Evolved (PS4) - Indie (DONE)

9/10 – Celeste (PS4) - Platform

10/10 – SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4) - Pinball

Hello everyone,

I have wanted to make two changes to my current 1-10 list and to one of the badges recently.

As for today, I have earned the platinum trophy of Chaos;Child (NA Version) on PS4 for my 1/10:

Chaos;Child (NA Version) (PS4)

1L119106.png

Super-Perfectionst (54.73%) (Common)

I did a quick run through to get a nice platinum trophy today but I have played the full experience twice before, so I have experienced the game to its fullest.

Overall, Chaos;Child for PS4 is an exciting visual novel with many unexpected twists for a first full playthrough.

I still do recommend the game as it is a great visual novel!

Another change to my list is that I looked over the 'Ark Survival Evolved' guide that I used for my list and I found that the max hours stated in the guide is 250 hours for the platinum trophy, so I am still able to obtain the 'Above and Beyond' badge.

Links are below in list.

Here is my current 1-10 list:

1/10 – Chaos;Child (PS4) (NA Version) - Role-playing (RPG) (DONE) (https://metagame.guide/chaoschild-ps4/trophy-guide)

2/10 – Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4) - Visual Novel

3/10 – Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (NA Version) (PS4) -  Adventure (DONE)

4/10 – Control (PS4) - Science fiction (DONE)

5/10 –  NieR: Automata (PS4) - Hack and slash/Beat 'em up

6/10 –  Superliminal (PS4) - Puzzle

7/10 – F.E.A.R 3 (PS3) - Shooter (DONE)

8/10 – Ark Survival Evolved (PS4) - Indie (DONE) (https://www.psthc.fr/unjeu/ark-survival-evolved-ps4/guide-trophees.htm)

9/10 – Celeste (PS4) - Platform

10/10 – SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4) - Pinball

Here is an update to my badges for this list since I got two badges:

- Love Bird - Platinum a Romance game in February - Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4)

- (Badge Obtained) Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours - Ark Survival Evolved (PS4)

(Badge Obtained) Carpe Diem - Platinum a game that’s a Playstation Plus Essential game the same month it’s added - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (NA Version) (PS4)

- (Badge Obtained) Award Winner - Platinum a game with a trophy guide that won a PSNProfiles award - Control (PS4)

Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023 - Chaos;Child (PS4) (NA Version), Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4), Control (PS4), NieR: Automata (PS4), Superliminal (PS4), Ark Survival Evolved (PS4), Celeste (PS4), SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4)

- Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre or theme

- PS4 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS4 games on your list  - Chaos;Child (PS4) (NA Version), Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4), Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (NA Version) (PS4), Control (PS4), NieR: Automata (PS4), Superliminal (PS4), Ark Survival Evolved (PS4), Celeste (PS4), SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4)

- Rare Genre - Platinum a game in the 4x, Business, Pinball or RTS genres - SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4) is in the Pinball genre

Also, I am 5/10 games completed for my first 1-10 platinum challenge list which great as it has been fun playing these games and collecting these platinums. 

I have my second list ready but I will post it later on.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Groudon9000
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, KingOfGold said:

• Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre (I would need to withdraw Crisis Core, but this would impact the Old School Badge and Brownie Points:/ Another idea would be to put Star Wars aside...

The way you have, I guess you can keep your entire list to get this badge. If you count Crisis Core as an RPG, a plague tale as drama and star wars as science fiction, they wouldn't conflict each other, allowing you to get the badge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MattbluePT said:

The way you have, I guess you can keep your entire list to get this badge. If you count Crisis Core as an RPG, a plague tale as drama and star wars as science fiction, they wouldn't conflict each other, allowing you to get the badge.

Oh ok that would be great, because I thought it wouldn't count if genres were overlapping... But this would make this badge significantly easier... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingOfGold said:

Oh ok that would be great, because I thought it wouldn't count if genres were overlapping... But this would make this badge significantly easier... 

If that was the case, this wouldn't be your only problem, considering you have 6 adventure games for One trick pony badge.

In the badge carification, this is what i says:

Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre

• This goes hand in hand with the Platinum Every Genre Challenge
  • Genre means genre or theme, they are interchangeable
  • To earn this badge, look at the genres/themes on each game on your list and "count" each game as a genre that's listed on each game's trophy page. As long as there are no overlapping genres among your 10, then your list counts. If a game has multiple genres (most do) you can "count" it as whatever works for your list.
    • Sample List: k0erkml.png
  • Can only be earned on Platinum tier lists with all ten games completed

•  
Edited by MattbluePT
  • Like 2

Just now, MattbluePT said:

If that was the case, this wouldn't be your only problem, considering you have 6 adventure games for One trick pony badge

True, but it wouldn't be a problem either if only the genres/themes you pick for this specific badge are overlapping.

Let's just see what @Rebourne07 thinks about it !

13 minutes ago, MattbluePT said:

If that was the case, this wouldn't be your only problem, considering you have 6 adventure games for One trick pony badge.

In the badge carification, this is what i says:

•  

Oh ok, so since Dark Souls 2 and final fantasy have the RPG genres, my list would also be eligible, thank you very much ! But I was a bit disturbed by the as long as "the genres are not overlapping". So it's fine now :) 

• Like 1

To comment on Jack of All Trades, I originally tended it to be a bit deeper than it is but it caused too much confusion so it settled into what it is now. It’s kinda too easy but oh well. You can have overlapping genres, just have 10 different genres among the 10 games as shown in the clarifications and you’ll get it.

• Like 3

I d like to take part this year.  All games i own already, so hopefully keep chewing away at the backlog.

1/10   Oh Sir  PSNP

2/10   Goat Simulator  PST

3/10   Songbringer  PST

4/10   Super Time Force Ultra  PSNP

5/10   Rive  PSNP

6/10   Surgeon Simulator  PSNP

7/10   Dead Nation   PSNP

8/10   Downwell   PSNP

9/10   La Mulana EX  PST

10/10   Atari Flashback Classics Vol 2  PSNP

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Soul777Punisher said:

Minecraft, Darksiders II and Slay the Spire have exactly or more than 4 genres ->  rusKixo.png Rare Genre

The Rare Genre Badge is awarded for completing one game that has one of the listed genres. In your case Minecraft belongs to the 4x genre. That means if you complete Minecraft and 6 other games you'll achieve this badge :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

I'd really like to anticipate in this challenge, sounds really interesting and fun! Here's my personal list for this year:

1/10 The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

2/10 Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

3/10 Far Cry 6

4/10 God of War Ragnarok

5/10 Metro Exodus

6/10 The Last of Us Remastered

7/10 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

8/10 Bloodborne

9/10 Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

10/10 Hollow Knight

I'm really excited about it, good luck every one in completing your lists! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yep looks good ??

It's the only french trophy hunter community "alive" since something like 2010, so yes i hope it look legit at least ? ..

1/10 

2/10 

3/10 : Chained Echoes ✅

4/10 

5/10 

6/10 

7/10 

8/10 : Soulstice ✅ (for those who wondering it's more close to 6/10 - 50 hours)

9/10 

10/10 

That all for me, with Rise, FEE and P4G coming in a few days i'm not sure to come back anytime soon.. 

• Like 4

First update for my list, I completed a game! Tearaway Unfolded. 4/10 is probably pretty accurate in my opinion. The whole game is very easy but some of those last trophies were you have to be deathless you have to be at least somewhat careful. It's an easy play however I do understand now why it's almost an UR (6,07%)

I haven't added anything else to the list. I acquired Yoku's Island Express because I've been looking at it for a long time, and it was on a great sale, however all sites I can find with ratings of it give it a 3/10, which is unfortunate since that is already filled. Anyway here's my list:

1/10 - N/A

2/10 - N/A

3/10 - NieR: Automata (PSNP) :platinum: on January 2nd

4/10 - Tearaway Unfolded (PSNP) :platinum: on January 15th

5/10 - N/A

6/10 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion (PowerPyx) :platinum: on January 10th

7/10 - Demon's Souls (PSNP)

8/10 - N/A

9/10 - N/A

10/10 - N/A

Officially I'm now ready to get my butt kicked in Demon's Souls

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Inuty said:

Other then that I working on multiple games simultaneously and doing some good progress in Trackmania as well. Half of the red series medals are earned and so far I don’t see a platinum breaker for me :)

Best of luck with track 180 when you get to it. I'm sure you've already experienced the trials of the valley car and track 180 really pushes your skills with it. I spent around 13 hours to get gold on it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Best of luck with track 180 when you get to it. I'm sure you've already experienced the trials of the valley car and track 180 really pushes your skills with it. I spent around 13 hours to get gold on it.

Thanks, I heared about it. I guess i need to see when the times come up! I only play the game 1 day a week so i think i need some more time to reach it.