Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

4 hours ago, Inuty said:

New update:

1 - Doki Doki Literature Club (PSNP)

2 - Digimon Survive (PlatPrices) :platinum:

3 - Axiom Verge 2 (Meta Game) :platinum:

4 - Heavy Rain (Meta Game) :platinum:

5 - Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory (Meta game)

6 - Final fantasy 7 Remake (Plat Prices)

7 - Batman Arkham City (PSNP) :platinum:

8 - Yurukill: The Calumination Games (PSNP)

9 - Trackmania Turbo (Meta Game)

10 - Skul: The Hero Slayer (Meta Game) :platinum:

Batman Arkham City:

I love Batman but those challenge trophies were the reason why i didnt find the Motivation to platinum the game at first. In my opinion Arkham Asylum had a nice little amount of challenges but to Do all challenges and then Do them again in a longer campaign of 3 challenges one after another were just a bad choice in my opinion. At least i was motivated enough to finish the platinum with this event!

Other the that o started with Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memories and finished in Trackmania Turbo the Red series of lagoon. All in all Gold progress in my opinion!

Yep, the Arkham City DLC is as tedious and superfluous as it gets. I got 100% on PS3 last year after putting it off for several years.

I wish you well toward finishing Trackmania Turbo. I have it prepared as a 10/10 for a future list. I completed a handful of Black series tracks with Gold medals before taking an extended break. Some of the levels in this tier are truly daunting. However, and I'm not positive on this, I think tracks 181-200 might not be so terrible. Based on some reading, the primary barrier to the Platinum is conquering track 180. I always found the Stadium map (which would be 191-200) to be the easiest, too.

• Like 2

I'm up for giving this a go. These are probably the games I'll go for:

1/10 – Doki Doki Literature Club (romance)
2/10 - Yesterday Origins (puzzle/point and click)
3/10 - Tales of Arise (Fantasy)
4/10 - 60 Seconds! Reatomized (simulator/Strategy)
5/10 – Final Fantasy 7: Remake (RPG)
6/10 - Hand of Fate 2 (Card and board game)
7/10 - Resident Evil Village (Survival)
8/10 - Dead Cells (Platform)
9/10 - Returnal (Science fiction)
10/10 - Binding of Isaac (Shooter/horror)

The badges I think I'll be eligible for: 

• Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago - Yesterday Origins 

• Brownie Points - Platinum a game from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy) - Final Fantasy 7 Remake

• Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours - (Binding of Isaac: Rebirth)

• Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre 

• 'Murica - Platinum a game set anywhere in the United States in July - (60 Seconds! Reatomize)

• Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z (Yesterday Origins)

• Spooky - Platinum a horror game in October (Binding of Isaac or Resident Evil Village) 

• Love bird – Platinum a Romance game in February (Doki Doki)

I may still swap some out though. Annoyingly, I think I have 5 x PS5 games and 5 x PS4 games... so might swap something to have six on one platform. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Inuty said:

New update:

1 - Doki Doki Literature Club (PSNP)

2 - Digimon Survive (PlatPrices) :platinum:

3 - Axiom Verge 2 (Meta Game) :platinum:

4 - Heavy Rain (Meta Game) :platinum:

5 - Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory (Meta game)

6 - Final fantasy 7 Remake (Plat Prices)

7 - Batman Arkham City (PSNP) :platinum:

8 - Yurukill: The Calumination Games (PSNP)

9 - Trackmania Turbo (Meta Game)

10 - Skul: The Hero Slayer (Meta Game) :platinum:

Batman Arkham City:

I love Batman but those challenge trophies were the reason why i didnt find the Motivation to platinum the game at first. In my opinion Arkham Asylum had a nice little amount of challenges but to Do all challenges and then Do them again in a longer campaign of 3 challenges one after another were just a bad choice in my opinion. At least i was motivated enough to finish the platinum with this event!

Congratulations on Batman AC Platinum, I have Arkham Asylum PS3 missing the challenges (and a couple of combos) since Dec 2009! Back in the days when I wasn't hunting trophies so much.

I'm still not sure why I later decided to play the PS4 remaster and stalled at the challenges again ?

I'll clean them up one day.

11 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

LIST 2 GAMES:

2705.png 1/10 - Unpacking

274e.png 2/10 - Persona 5 Royal

274e.png 3/10 - Nier Automata

274e.png 4/10 - Stray

274e.png 5/10 - God of War: Ragnarok

274e.png 6/10 - Hades

274e.png 7/10 - Sifu

274e.png 8/10 - The Witcher 3

274e.png 9/10 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

274e.png 10/10 - Red Dead Redemption 2

LIST 2 BADGES:

Reveal hidden contents

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - 274e.png

odWe7mC.png Award Winner - 274e.png

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - 274e.png

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 274e.png

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades - 274e.png

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - 274e.png

Adventure

pLe3117.png Overachiever - 274e.png

sU2THm9.png PS5 Master - 274e.png

LIST 2 PROGRESS:

Reveal hidden contents

ETJSZ7X.png

LIST 1

I'm having a blast with Hades. I had played it a bit on PC so knew what I was getting into.

I started it so I could use it to counteract the slow grind on Diablo 2 because you can play it in small bursts. But I have ended up playing it exclusively.

[Well except for the time I spend playing AC: Valhalla because my wife loves to watch Assassins Creed games]

Progressing 3 games a once is a little slow and locking my 1/10 and 2/10 to July and Oct respectively is making my progress look slower than it is.

But so far I am having fun with the challenge so @Rebourne07 thanks for organizing.

I also think I have the ability to hit Jack of All Trades with my list given the change/clarification of the badge but I will post that when I have a few more plats under my belt.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

LIST 2 GAMES:

2705.png 1/10 - Unpacking

274e.png 2/10 - Persona 5 Royal

274e.png 3/10 - Nier Automata

274e.png 4/10 - Stray

274e.png 5/10 - God of War: Ragnarok

274e.png 6/10 - Hades

274e.png 7/10 - Sifu

274e.png 8/10 - The Witcher 3

274e.png 9/10 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

274e.png 10/10 - Red Dead Redemption 2

Great List and I hope you enjoy RDR2 as much as I did.  Yes its a huge time commitment and you do hear a lot of people moan about that part of it but honestly I enjoyed every single minute of it and I never felt like any of the grinds were a chore. Going off the Rockstar Social Club I spent a total of 276 hours in the game (100hrs was the MP part) but TBH I was not being very "Trophy" efficient as I have a tendency to just go exploring stuff for ages at a time plus also I did play a lot of the MP with friends just mucking about and having fun which is all part of the experience as well.  Good Luck   (Oh and your in for a real treat with Sekiro as well, Such an awesome game that)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Inuty said:

and finished in Trackmania Turbo the Red series of lagoon. All in all Gold progress in my opinion!

18 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

I wish you well toward finishing Trackmania Turbo. I have it prepared as a 10/10 for a future list. I completed a handful of Black series tracks with Gold medals before taking an extended break. Some of the levels in this tier are truly daunting. However, and I'm not positive on this, I think tracks 181-200 might not be so terrible. Based on some reading, the primary barrier to the Platinum is conquering track 180. I always found the Stadium map (which would be 191-200) to be the easiest, too.

You are correct on that - the platinum block on Trackmania are a handful of tracks in the 170s and one or two 180s. Black stadium is a walk in the park after getting through those. There are a couple of Trackmania videos on my Youtube account that show that it is possible to crash and get gold as well as accidentally getting a green medal on track 199 (my previous PB was not even gold).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

New additon (Remnant From the Ashes) brings me to 7 of 10 games completed so i'm on the leaderboard now 1f600.png1f600.png1f600.png Very happy with the progress so far, i'm in good hopes i will be done with the list within a month :)

1/10 Toem (PSNP) :platinum: on 1st Jan

2/10 Bee Simulator (PST.org) :platinum: on 1st Jan

3/10 Defense Grid 2 (PSNP) :platinum: on 1st Jan

4/10 Jumanji (PSTHC.fr) :platinum: on 1st Jan

5/10 Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PSNP) :platinum: on 1st Jan

6/10 Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition (PST) :platinum: on 14th Jan

7/10 Remnant From the Ashes (Platprices) on 19th Jan

I'll add the badges i have earned so far a bit later to this post

Nice good job man! Tag me when you add badges and I'll put you in Bronze tier :)

• Like 1

Next game finished! I love the Ratchet and Clank series, but I have to say, this one was definitely the weakest one I've played so far. But I think a big reason was because I was playing a 4 player game by myself, and the AI in this game isn't the best. I would like to go back to this game sometime with a few friends. That would make this game a lot more enjoyable. 

Next up is my 3/10 game: Dark Cloud. One of my long term goals is to platinum every PS2 game that has a platinum, which is why I chose Dark Cloud for this list. I have 0 experience with this game so this will be interesting!

2705.png 1/10 - Toem

2705.png 2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

274e.png 3/10 - Dark Cloud

274e.png 4/10 - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

274e.png 5/10 - Assassin's Creed III Remastered

274e.png 6/10 - ICO

274e.png 7/10 - Devil May Cry 3

274e.png 8/10 - Cuphead

274e.png 9/10 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

274e.png 10/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Badges that apply to me/that I'm going for:

• r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago (ICO)
  • vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order 
  • 9ecFreL.png Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, AgentPenguin08 said:

Next game finished! I love the Ratchet and Clank series, but I have to say, this one was definitely the weakest one I've played so far. But I think a big reason was because I was playing a 4 player game by myself, and the AI in this game isn't the best. I would like to go back to this game sometime with a few friends. That would make this game a lot more enjoyable. 

Next up is my 3/10 game: Dark Cloud. One of my long term goals is to platinum every PS2 game that has a platinum, which is why I chose Dark Cloud for this list. I have 0 experience with this game so this will be interesting!

2705.png 1/10 - Toem

2705.png 2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

274e.png 3/10 - Dark Cloud

274e.png 4/10 - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

274e.png 5/10 - Assassin's Creed III Remastered

274e.png 6/10 - ICO

274e.png 7/10 - Devil May Cry 3

274e.png 8/10 - Cuphead

274e.png 9/10 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

274e.png 10/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Badges that apply to me/that I'm going for:

• r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago (ICO)
  • vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order 
  • 9ecFreL.png Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games

Dark Cloud is awesome man. I haven't played the PS4 version but I remember loving the original on PS2. Good luck :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thedah said:

10/10 - Devil May Cry 5 finished!

1/10 - TBD

2/10 - Persona 5 Royal

3/10 - Yakuza 6

4/10 - Yakuza Like a Dragon

5/10 - Lost Judgment

6/10 - Final Fantasy X-2 HD

7/10 - Judgment

8/10 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

9/10 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

10/10 - Devil May Cry 5

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Platinum a game from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy)

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023

F5psQ31.png Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10 (MGS2, DMC5)

9ecFreL.png Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games (MGS2, Persona 5 Royal, FFX-2)

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS4 games on your list

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z

1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - 3 or more games on your list are from the same series

Dude that’s very impressive. Devil May Cry 5 is a game I’d love to platinum but don’t have the balls to commit lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ajdidronaught said:
On 26/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, ajdidronaught said:

OK working on

Persona 3 portable

However powerpyx ranks this as 6/10

PlayStation trophies ranks it as 8/10

Does anyone know which ranking I should use

From the rules in the OP

"The difficulty ratings can come from any trophy related website, but they cannot be your personal ratings. You must submit proof in the form of a link for each game's difficulty rating."

So you can use either 6/10 or 8/10 rating as long as you submit a link to as proof

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

I think this time I'll try to make a complete list of 10/10 rated games. Just as my own challenge.

Lol wut, like make a list of 10 10/10 games and complete them all in one year? O_O That'd be crazy lol Since you can't substitute out lower difficulties with higher ones it wouldn't count as an official list...unless you found like 10 guides with dual ratings...but I dont think those even exist. Be a fun challenge on the side though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Lol wut, like make a list of 10 10/10 games and complete them all in one year? O_O That'd be crazy lol Since you can't substitute out lower difficulties with higher ones it wouldn't count as an official list...unless you found like 10 guides with dual ratings...but I dont think those even exist. Be a fun challenge on the side though. 

I am aware that I cannot complete the Platinum Difficulty Challenge in this way or even officially participate at all without presenting a list of 1-10. Maybe I can still be there as an unofficial participant who is only aiming for ?10/10.

1 minute ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

I am aware that I cannot complete the Platinum Difficulty Challenge in this way or even officially participate at all without presenting a list of 1-10. Maybe I can still be there as an unofficial participant who is only aiming for 1f480.png10/10.

Well if you really want to I'll make an exception. You make a full list of 10s and actually complete it I'll put you on the leaderboards lol One caution I'd say though is that 10s are rare so doing 10 of them in one year means in following years you'll have much less to choose from. If you wanna do it though you can totally be an exception to the normal no substitutes rule since what you're doing is so insane haha

• Like 1

I think you can get at least s list with 7 games that could be a 10/10 by their highest rating if you want to @D-E-U-S-X @Rebourne07. This is what i'd do:

4/10 Sega Mega Drive & Genesis

5/10 Red Dead Redemption 2

7/10 Demon's Souls (PS3)

8/10 Hollow Knight

9/10 Fall Guys

10/10 Xeno Crisis

I haven't found a game for 6/10 but i'm certain there'll be something :)

• Like 2

Just now, Evil_Joker88 said:

I think you can get at least s list with 7 games that could be a 10/10 by their highest rating if you want to @D-E-U-S-X @Rebourne07. This is what i'd do:

7/10 Demon's Souls (PS3)

8/10 Hollow Knight

9/10 Fall Guys

10/10 Xeno Crisis

Dang, there's more than I thought. Very cool. This will be interesting to see haha 

2 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

7/10 Demon's Souls (PS3)

8/10 Hollow Knight

9/10 Fall Guys

10/10 Xeno Crisis

To add to this Fortnite is a 3/10 on PSN profiles but rated 10/10 on playstation trophies for anyone who wants to sink 1000+ hours in a game. Too bad the guide writer changed the Celeste guide on here a few years back or it could have been the 2/10. 

• Like 1