Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Groudon9000 Congratulations on Bronze tier and 6 badges! You have the most badges of anyone in Bronze tier right now. 

Sorry for the delay in updating. Due to formatting I don't update leaderboards on my phone so I gotta wait until Im back at my PC. Great progress :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Ok cool so we’re at 9 out of the 10 then. I feel good about these others. (Not always the absolute hardest, but trying to give genre variety and something people would want to play too)

• Assetto Corsa
  • Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer
  • Doom 2
  • Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Silent Hill 2 HD
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Wolfenstein 2

We need an action game like Devil May Cry 5 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Something that’s 10/10 rated, still relevant and can’t be cheated or made significantly easier. Gotta be skill based difficulty not time and still obtainable. Anyone have suggestions?

When it comes to the hack n slash genre regrettably there aren't many games that would be considered a 10/10. The hardest games of the genre all have their exploits to make them easier or require another player especially the PS3 versions of Ninja Gaiden. Although it's not rated a 10/10 on any trophy site from what I've seen I'd say Metal Gear Rising wouldn't be a bad shout but you can use infinite wigs to make things easier but other than that I cannot think of any other hack n slash title that would fit your criteria. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

We need an action game like Devil May Cry 5 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Something that’s 10/10 rated, still relevant and can’t be cheated or made significantly easier. Gotta be skill based difficulty not time and still obtainable. Anyone have suggestions?

Devil May Cry 5 can be meteor'd into oblivion with a hat (seriously, DMC4 is more difficult to platinum than 5 xD )

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2...never played but from what I've heard, it's the PS3 version that is difficult and only because of co-op (although if you have a good player as a team mate, would it even count as a 10?)

And the only truly hard part of Metal Gear Rising is the part that is not covered in the challenge, aka the DLC with the 30 VR missions and Jetstream Sam DLC.

Sadly I don't know if there's any true 10/10 out there in action game department :( the most difficult AND new would be DMC5, but I would never give it a 10/10 :D 

• Like 1

This sounds like a great idea, I needed something to get me going at the start of the year. I'm a bit late to the party though so I've made progress in a few of these already

1/10: Gigantosaurus: The Game https://***/trophy-guides/ps4-guides/gigantosaurus-the-game-trophy-guide/

2/10: Syphon Filter https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14673-syphon-filter-trophy-guide

3/10: Far Cry 5 https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7339-far-cry-5-trophy-guide

4/10: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1359-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-trophy-guide

5/10: Granblue Fantasy Versus (might swap this out fot Saints Row the 3rd Remastered https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9910-granblue-fantasy-versus-trophy-guide

6/10: Hades (PS4) https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13057-hades-trophy-guide

7/10: Crash Bandicoot https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6185-crash-bandicoot-trophy-guide

8/10: Slay the Spire (also may swap this out) https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14674-slay-the-spire-trophy-guide

9/10: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice https://platget.com/guides/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-trophy-guide/

10/10: Injustice: Gods Among Us https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/injustice-gods-among-us--ultimate-edition-na-ps4/guide/

Not got round to figuring out what badges I'd get with this list because it's heavily subject to change but I'll have a proper look through later.

• Like 1

@LancashireLad87 @Copanele

• Assetto Corsa (Racing)
  • Crash Bandicoot 4 (3D Platformer)
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer (idk? Lol)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (Hack and Slash)
  • Doom 2 (Old Shooter)
  • Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai (Fighting)
  • Silent Hill 2 HD (Horror)
  • Super Meat Boy (2D Platformer)
  • Tetris Effect (Puzzle)
  • Wolfenstein 2 (New Shooter)

So I think I’m going with Devil May Cry 5 unless we can think of a better alternative. If not Hack and Slash, what other major genre am I missing that we could replace Devil May Cry 5 with? 

I would like to join

1/10: FORMA.8  https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/forma-8/guide/

2/10: Monster Jam https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/monster-jam-path-of-destruction/guide/

3/10: Doom 2016

4/10: God of War 2018

5/10: 7 days to die

6/10: Star Wars Force Unleashed

7/10: Black ops 4

8/10: Grand Theft Auto 4 or Black ops 3

9/10: Evil Within

10/10: Hollow Knight https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/hollow-knight-eu/guide/

I will probably get multiple platinums with the same difficulty like 8/10 since im trying to platinum as many games as i can this year

• Like 1

Just now, barra333 said:

Are there any sports games out there that are hard and don't have online trophies that get killed 3 weeks after release? 

Lol right? Needs to be skill based not like those NBA 2K games that require $1k in microtransactions and have unobtainable online trophies. 

@JDalph @Gagan_30

Welcome to the challenge :)

On 21/01/2023 at 11:23 AM, Rebourne07 said:

I need some help guys. I’m making a badge for next year called:

Top Ten - Platinum one of the hardest games on all of Playstation 

Im trying to determine a list of the top ten hardest, most skill based platinums out there while also giving a variety of genres to choose from. I’ve made a preliminary list, but if you read this and have suggestions please nominate some games and say which of these you’d swap out. Thanks. 

• Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Doom 2
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Silent Hill 2 HD
  • Street Fighter V
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Wolfenstein 2

I've done 3 of those games on that list (Crash 4, SMB, Wolf 2) and Crash 4 doesn't deserve to be on that list imo. Crash 4 is easily a 9/10 and not a 10/10 imo and is closer to an 8 than a 10.

SMB already has platformers covered, so you could remove it and swap in another game from another genre. I suggest I Am Bread, I personally still don't consider it a 10 but I found it a lot harder than Crash 4, and it's a different genre to the other games on the list.

45 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@LancashireLad87 @Copanele

• Assetto Corsa (Racing)
  • Crash Bandicoot 4 (3D Platformer)
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer (idk? Lol)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (Hack and Slash)
  • Doom 2 (Old Shooter)
  • Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai (Fighting)
  • Silent Hill 2 HD (Horror)
  • Super Meat Boy (2D Platformer)
  • Tetris Effect (Puzzle)
  • Wolfenstein 2 (New Shooter)

So I think I’m going with Devil May Cry 5 unless we can think of a better alternative. If not Hack and Slash, what other major genre am I missing that we could replace Devil May Cry 5 with? 

As far as major genres go I think the most popular have been represented within this list however outside of the games listed I would say a shmup game such as Raiden 4/Ikaruga or a Rhythm game like Guitar Hero Van Halen which is possible to platiunum should make it on to this list. Both genres are very niche though, other than that would Dead Space 2 or Vanquish deserve a place somewhere in this list? Granted it wouldn't be top 10 anymore but you'd have a bit more diversity.

1 hour ago, LancashireLad87 said:

As far as major genres go I think the most popular have been represented within this list however outside of the games listed I would say a shmup game such as Raiden 4/Ikaruga or a Rhythm game like Guitar Hero Van Halen which is possible to platiunum should make it on to this list. Both genres are very niche though, other than that would Dead Space 2 or Vanquish deserve a place somewhere in this list? Granted it wouldn't be top 10 anymore but you'd have a bit more diversity.

Isn't Crypt of the Necrodancer also a rhythm game? I guess it's arguable...

1 hour ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Ikaruga! That’s a good one, lemme make sure there’s no cheese’s for it. I thought about Dead Space 2 as well, but in my opinion Silent Hill 2 is way harder (I’ve done both). 

Short weekend update from me,

I did some progress in Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memories and played through it on proud so the rest should be just a walk in the park,  even if it is a longer one. Stupidly enough i started this weekend Monster Hunter Rise and I like it a lot so i am not sure how fast my progress will be in the next weeks haha.

• Like 1

Currently playing Hollow Knight, wow this game is a banger ! I am soon reaching the end of the base game and I have to say that I love the mix between a platform game and a dark soul vibe. The artistic direction is also beautiful and it's insane that only 4 people made that game from scratch. 

Only for discovering that game, I am so happy I took part to the contest since, I added this liste browsing all your lists !

And the sequel should also be released this year (how lucky!), so it's an easy 10/10 to be put on the list. Maybe the genre is a bit niche, but I fell in love with the game, it's so addictive ! 

I don't know if I will use the glitch for the pantheons though. It seems like a huge challenge I am maybe not ready to go with. For the people who made it, should I give it a trial without the glitch ? 

Anyway I will not plat the game right now since I am going for the OCD challenge ;) 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, KingOfGold said:

Currently playing Hollow Knight, wow this game is a banger ! I am soon reaching the end of the base game and I have to say that I love the mix between a platform game and a dark soul vibe. The artistic direction is also beautiful and it's insane that only 4 people made that game from scratch. 

Only for discovering that game, I am so happy I took part to the contest since, I added this liste browsing all your lists !

And the sequel should also be released this year (how lucky!), so it's an easy 10/10 to be put on the list. Maybe the genre is a bit niche, but I fell in love with the game, it's so addictive ! 

I don't know if I will use the glitch for the pantheons though. It seems like a huge challenge I am maybe not ready to go with. For the people who made it, should I give it a trial without the glitch ? 

Anyway I will not plat the game right now since I am going for the OCD challenge ;) 

Awesome! I’m going to start it soon too. So the glitch isn’t even available until endgame right? Or can you do it right off the bat?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Awesome! I’m going to start it soon too. So the glitch isn’t even available until endgame right? Or can you do it right off the bat?

The glitch to become invincible can be activated from chapter 11 which is mid way through. The trophy guide on psnp divides the game into 18 chapters plus the optional but very difficult Pantheons.

• Like 2

My first update of the year, can't believe how may games people are getting through, insane! Congrats though haha. 

1. Toem 

2. Spider-Man Miles Morales 

3. Deathloop 

4. Horizon Forbidden West ✅ https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13933-horizon-forbidden-west-trophy-guide

5. Resident Evil Village

6. Callisto Protocol 

7. Ghostrunner 

8. Cuphead 

9. Returnal/Sekiro

10. Hollow Knight/Fall Guys 

Changed it out from Sonic too. Really enjoyed Horizon after not even finishing the first one. I'll probably go back at some point if I can find the time and give it another go. I did find it was probably closer to a 2/3 game though, not really all that difficult tbh. I'll probably clean up Spider-Man Miles Morales and then go for Toem after that and see where I am. I can see the list changing more as well as I just couldn't get into Callsito Protocol no matter home much I tried. Most one dimensional combat system I think I've ever experienced. May substitue that out for Rainbow Six Siege as I've gotten back into that with friends over Xmas, even if they are useless haha. I would have platted it 10 times over if I have a PS rather than an xbox years ago, put some hours into it when it came out. 

• Like 4

On 23/01/2023 at 8:18 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

The glitch to become invincible can be activated from chapter 11 which is mid way through. The trophy guide on psnp divides the game into 18 chapters plus the optional but very difficult Pantheons.

Yes I would even say mid-end game. But despite the hardcore bosses challenge post end-game, I don't see the point of using it, since it's pretty fun to mix charms (which provides you with specific ability) to make some fights much easier in a legit way. You can also farm specific items to get stronger and come back later, like in Elden Ring, so it's pretty fun anyway :) 

Edited by KingOfGold
  • Like 2

In the end between One Piece Odyssey coming out and being preoccupied with other games, I haven't gotten around to Kena yet. I did play through Life is Strange yesterday, though, so that's my 1/10 done - thanks, Plus Extra. I also found a better pick for my 2/10 since it's a game I've been meaning to play for a long time.

1/10 - Life is Strange

2/10 - AI: The Somnium Files

3/10 - House of the Dead Remake

4/10 - God of War Ascension

5/10 - Resident Evil 0

6/10 - Knack

7/10 - Kena Bridge of Spirits

8/10 - Slay the Spire

9/10 - Hollow Knight

10/10 - Super Meat Boy

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KingOfGold said:

Yes I would even say mid-end game. But despite the challenge bosses, I don't see the point of using it, since it's pretty fun to mix charms (which provides you with specific ability) to make some fights much easier in a legit way. You can also farm specific items to get stronger and come back later, like in Elden Ring, so it's pretty fun anyway :) 

Good luck man but i'm going to use the glitch at least to get through the Pantheons. I struggle already a bit with the bosses i fought and i'm afraid i'd be stuck for a very long time in the Pantheons...

• Like 1