Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

My continued pursuit for OCD....continues....with Cat Quest II.  This is a little harder than I remember the first one being, but overall not too bad (took me like double the ETA in the guide though that's likely because I didn't follow a guide).  Okay, the difficulty is picking up.  I think I'm going to stick with Soul Hackers 2 as I'm genuinely enjoying it (however, it seems much maligned so I'm waiting for it to start sucking; hopefully not though).

Easy Peasy

1/10 - toem

2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

3/10 - Cat Quest II!  - https://***/trophy-guides/ps4-guides/cat-quest-ii-trophy-guide/

Oh no...this looks tricky

4/10

5/10

6/10

Ok, reel it in now

7/10

8/10

9/10

Who's this even for, tho?

10/10

@Rebourne07 I'm sure you've already answered this, but I wanna make sure 100%'ing non-Platinum games won't break my OCD streak.  I'm also in the UR Event and I prefer shorter (QUOTE UNQUOTE) for that but I don't want to break this streak.  I assume it won't but I wanna make sure first.

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, willythom88 said:

My continued pursuit for OCD....continues....with Cat Quest II.  This is a little harder than I remember the first one being, but overall not too bad (took me like double the ETA in the guide though that's likely because I didn't follow a guide).  Okay, the difficulty is picking up.  I think I'm going to stick with Soul Hackers 2 as I'm genuinely enjoying it (however, it seems much maligned so I'm waiting for it to start sucking; hopefully not though).

Easy Peasy

1/10 - toem

2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

3/10 - Cat Quest II!  - https://***/trophy-guides/ps4-guides/cat-quest-ii-trophy-guide/

Oh no...this looks tricky

4/10

5/10

6/10

Ok, reel it in now

7/10

8/10

9/10

Who's this even for, tho?

10/10

@Rebourne07 I'm sure you've already answered this, but I wanna make sure 100%'ing non-Platinum games won't break my OCD streak.  I'm also in the UR Event and I prefer shorter (QUOTE UNQUOTE) for that but I don't want to break this streak.  I assume it won't but I wanna make sure first.

Yeah, as long as you don't do one of your 10 on your list out of order you'll earn OCD

• Like 1

Hey @Rebourne07, I'll throw in a question, maybe it was answered before but I can't find where.

In the events that I have a "duplicate" game difficulty platinumed in 2023 (for instance Darksiders is a 4/10 but I already have a 4/10 on my list), can I automatically use the duplicate for my 2nd list, in case I manage to finish the first list?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Hey @Rebourne07, I'll throw in a question, maybe it was answered before but I can't find where.

In the events that I have a "duplicate" game difficulty platinumed in 2023 (for instance Darksiders is a 4/10 but I already have a 4/10 on my list), can I automatically use the duplicate for my 2nd list, in case I manage to finish the first list?

Yep, sure can

• Like 2

On 22.01.2023 at 2:42 AM, Rebourne07 said:

We need an action game like Devil May Cry 5 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Something that’s 10/10 rated, still relevant and can’t be cheated or made significantly easier. Gotta be skill based difficulty not time and still obtainable. Anyone have suggestions?

It sounds wierd, but maybe TESO for action? If not, u can place it with RPG genre. I think it'll be great part of that iconic list.

• Like 1

I was hoping to have my 8/10 game Asterix & Oblelix XXL Romeastered completed by now but the Extreme mode on it is currently kicking my Butt! 

Deffo seeming to be worthy of the high difficulty rating for me at the moment anyway and I still also have all the challenges to get through as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jennys_Trophies said:

One question ?

Does Celeste count for 9/10 and Crash 4 for 10/10?

I don't know the link for them and on Psn Profiles its different.. 

Yes they do, If you go to the OP and then click to expand the Resources, then click to expand on the 9/10 and 10/10 you will be able to click on the individual games links that show where the difficulty rating is taken from. Crash 4 could be counted as either a 9/10 or a 10/10 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DazzaFett said:

Yes they do, If you go to the OP and then click to expand the Resources, then click to expand on the 9/10 and 10/10 you will be able to click on the individual games links that show where the difficulty rating is taken from. Crash 4 could be counted as either a 9/10 or a 10/10 

Ok Thanks! ?

• Like 1

I want to make a minor amendment to my list, @Rebourne07. I'd like to replace RAGE with Medal of Honor (2010). I'm quite certain this is fine, but I'd appreciate the confirmation nonetheless. In terms of badges, doing this won't affect anything as far as I can see. PS3 Master is still retained, One Trick Pony is the same, and for Jack of All Trades, I'll just switch Vanquish to Science Fiction and give Shooter to Medal of Honor.

Original List

Spoiler

1/10: Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth [PS Vita] [Visual Novel]

2/10: Persona 5 Royal [PS4] [Role-playing]

3/10: Persona 4 Golden [PS Vita] [Simulator]

4/10: Persona 4: Dancing All Night [PS Vita] [Music]

5/10: RAGE [PS3] [Science Fiction]

6/10: ICO [PS3] [Drama]

7/10: Jak II HD [PS3] [Adventure]

8/10: Demon's Souls [PS3] [Fantasy]

9/10: Mirror's Edge [PS3] [Platform]

10/10: Vanquish [PS3] [Shooter]

Accompanying Badges:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Persona 5 RoyalPersona 4 Golden

odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Persona 5 Royal

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Persona 4 GoldenICOJak II HD

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades

JSFZuQf.png Love Bird - Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth

F5psQ31.png Masochist - Demon's SoulsVanquish

9ecFreL.png Old School - Persona 5 RoyalPersona 4 GoldenICOJak II HD

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - All of them have the Action tag (even the otome visual novel)

Q5AKg6t.png PS3 Master - RAGEICOJak II HDDemon's SoulsMirror's EdgeVanquish

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Jak II HD

1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - Persona series: Persona 5 RoyalPersona 4 GoldenPersona 4: Dancing All Night

kHuhNg6.png Vita Master - Code: Realize - Guardian of RebirthPersona 4 GoldenPersona 4: Dancing All Night

Updated List:

Spoiler

5/10: Medal of Honor [PS3] [Shooter]

7/10: Jak II HD [PS3] [Adventure]

10/10: Vanquish [PS3] [Science Fiction]

Accompanying Badges:

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - All of them have the Action tag (even the otome visual novel)

Q5AKg6t.png PS3 Master - Medal of HonorICOJak II HDDemon's SoulsMirror's EdgeVanquish

1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - Persona series: Persona 5 RoyalPersona 4 GoldenPersona 4: Dancing All Night

kHuhNg6.png Vita Master - Code: Realize - Guardian of RebirthPersona 4 GoldenPersona 4: Dancing All Night

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, luketheduke12 said:

I want to make a minor amendment to my list, @Rebourne07. I'd like to replace RAGE with Medal of Honor (2010). I'm quite certain this is fine, but I'd appreciate the confirmation nonetheless. In terms of badges, doing this won't affect anything as far as I can see. PS3 Master is still retained, One Trick Pony is the same, and for Jack of All Trades, I'll just switch Vanquish to Science Fiction and give Shooter to Medal of Honor.

Original List

Reveal hidden contents

5/10: RAGE [PS3] [Science Fiction]

7/10: Jak II HD [PS3] [Adventure]

10/10: Vanquish [PS3] [Shooter]

Accompanying Badges:

Q5AKg6t.png PS3 Master - RAGEICOJak II HDDemon's SoulsMirror's EdgeVanquish

Updated List:

Reveal hidden contents

5/10: Medal of Honor [PS3] [Shooter]

7/10: Jak II HD [PS3] [Adventure]

10/10: Vanquish [PS3] [Science Fiction]

Accompanying Badges:

Q5AKg6t.png PS3 Master - Medal of HonorICOJak II HDDemon's SoulsMirror's EdgeVanquish

Np man, you can switch uncompleted games anytime. You can update here when you change if you want to but you don't need to. Nothing really matters until it's completed anyway and even then the only thing that goes on the Leaderboards is a reference to your completed 10/10 which I doubt anyone would ever change anyway. 

• Like 1