Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

Hey folks,

Reaching out for some help.  So I'm looking for a 5/10 recommendation.  So far, I've tried (I scoured the internet on several of these, so they may not be 5/10 on psnprofiles):

Titanfall 2
Neo: The World Ends With You
Kingdom Hearts 1.5

I'd like something shorter, maybe 15 or less.  However, I'm willing to hit 20.  Also, if it has any UR that'd be super neat, but it's not a mandatory thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

Hey folks,

Reaching out for some help.  So I'm looking for a 5/10 recommendation.  So far, I've tried (I scoured the internet on several of these, so they may not be 5/10 on psnprofiles):

Titanfall 2
Kingdom Hearts 1.5

I'd like something shorter, maybe 15 or less.  However, I'm willing to hit 20.  Also, if it has any UR that'd be super neat, but it's not a mandatory thing.

I did MX vs ATV All Out as my 5/10. It's more like a 2/10 with the only difficult trophy being To the Victor... but it can be boosted.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, willythom88 said:

Hey folks,

The Callisto Protocol (psnp)

Ducati 90th Anniversary (the easiest) (psnp)

Stray (the shortest) (psthc.fr)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, willythom88 said:

Hey folks,

Titanfall 2
Kingdom Hearts 1.5

Depends on what games you like, but Heaven's Vault is a 5/10 and would probably take you less than the 30 hours stated if you used a guide (it took me about 35 hours, and I played it completely blind and messed a couple of trophies up, so had to do another two partial playthroughs).

I really enjoyed it, but I imagine it's not for everyone. 

To be honest, 5/10s are relatively hard to find. And ones that are under 20 hours are even rarer. 

Edit: I just did a filter on PlatPrices and found that The Solitaire Conspiracy is 5/10. I've got the plat for this, and I got it in about 5 hours. It's a pretty easy game, so I'm very surprised it's got 5/10. 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, willythom88 said:

Hey folks,

Titanfall 2
Kingdom Hearts 1.5

I have no clue about the game, but as it was mentioned in ps+ extra one month and then said to be a mistake and not included, i informed myself about the difficulty. It is a 5/10 with a estimate time of 8 hours.

• Like 1

I have

46 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

I have to disagree here. Yes, that is the single most difficult thing in the game by a long way. But it isn't that hard compared to a lot of things out there.

All people have to remember that it is a survival challenge, not a speedrun. Sure, speedrun the first few sections, but when it gets tricky just take your time. If you just keep moving, you'll finish in loads of time. The cycles of the obstacles towards the end force you into a certain speed anyway.

3 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

@Rebourne07 Just found this guide and need a ruling would this count as a 9 since the rating says between 4-9. Thanks

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Trophy Guide – By Trophy Tom (trophy-tom.com)

That difficulty range is ridiculous lol, but considering Tony Hawk is already considered an 8 almost everywhere else yeah it can be counted as a 9 with that guide. Thank you for checking. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

That difficulty range is ridiculous lol, but considering Tony Hawk is already considered an 8 almost everywhere else yeah it can be counted as a 9 with that guide. Thank you for checking. 

Thanks for the quick response, yeah it's nowhere near a 4 unless your a Tony Hawk god who can get 10 million with your eyes closed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Completed Kena: Bridge of Spirits for my sixth Platinum of this challenge! Played the entire game on Master without the infamous glitch; can confidently say that this game will kick your ass in certain areas. Very rewarding Platinum! 

Six down, four to go!

5vu29cenf2ra1.jpg

2705.png 1/10: Lost Words: Beyond the Page

2705.png 2/10: Trine 3: Artifacts of Power

2705.png 3/10: Apotheon

2705.png 4/10: Doom Eternal (PS5)

2705.png 5/10: Returnal

274e.png 6/10: Titanfall 2

2705.png 7/10: Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5)

274e.png 8/10: Wuppo

274e.png 9/10: I Am Bread

274e.png 10/10: Splasher

Also decided to swap out Ghostrunner for Titanfall 2 as my 6/10 difficulty game. 

Good job on Kena! Good luck on Titanfall 2! In my opinion the best military shooter of all time…but watch out cause that guantlet time trial trophy is no joke. The only time in my life I’ve ever literally broke a controller and had to go buy a new one.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

@Rebourne07 Just found this guide and need a ruling would this count as a 9 since the rating says between 4-9. Thanks

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Trophy Guide – By Trophy Tom (trophy-tom.com)

18 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

The guide in general is pretty ridiculous. The two hardest trophies (for getting all gaps and get theres) just have "guide coming soon" and the grindy trophy (level 100) has no info at all on how to do it most efficiently.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, barra333 said:

The guide in general is pretty ridiculous. The two hardest trophies (for getting all gaps and get theres) just have "guide coming soon" and the grindy trophy (level 100) has no info at all on how to do it most efficiently.

Yes that's true, most likely the creator of the guide hasn't earned the 100% or couldn't be arsed updating his guides. The grind is pretty horrendous to be fair whoever thought it was a good idea to go to level 100 should be fired. The game is very fun and rewarding but come on level 100. I was only level 65 when I reached 97% trophy progress so i have to grind 35 levels worth, don't worry I'll get it done :) 

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Yes that's true, most likely the creator of the guide hasn't earned the 100% or couldn't be arsed updating his guides. The grind is pretty horrendous to be fair whoever thought it was a good idea to go to level 100 should be fired. The game is very fun and rewarding but come on level 100. I was only level 65 when I reached 97% trophy progress so i have to grind 35 levels worth, don't worry I'll get it done :) 

I was in the 70s when I started grinding. I did EVERY skater challenge before I started. I suggest you go through all of the challenges and see which ones you can achieve in reasonable time - I worked out the other day that you get 5000xp for each of reaching 1000 lip tricks and an hour on lips. You won't be near that naturally, but in your grinding setup, do a million point combo, then go to a lip and mash square, circle and triangle to rotate tricks until the session timer runs out. You will get the 300xp for the combo and total points, a bonus 300xp for finishing the session and 10000xp extra in an hour or so. At level 92 or 93 now. I can only stomach half an hour at a time of jumping and mashing up/down/X/O.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Good job on Kena! Good luck on Titanfall 2! In my opinion the best military shooter of all time…but watch out cause that guantlet time trial trophy is no joke. The only time in my life I’ve ever literally broke a controller and had to go buy a new one.

Thank you man! I've heard the horror stories about the ...Becomes the Master trophy and I'm ready! ?

• Like 1