Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

hello i dont really use psnp alot but what are the badges about? the brazilian website mypst there is a badge system but you unlock them automatically just doing the requirement and you can see on you profile.

So about the challenge i will try and i will list a few games later, where i should see to set the game difficulty? trophy guide from psn profiles or it can be anywhere like ps trophies org

• Like 1

First time ever doing this hope I can Platinum all 10 games

1) Toem

2) What Remains Of Edith Finch (PS5)

3) Uncharted Lost Legacy

4) InFamous First Light

5) Assassins Creed 3 Remastered

6) Bioshock Infinte (PS4)

7) Yakuza 0

8) Cuphead

9) Dead Space 2

10) Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus

Edited by Platpple
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Salamandxrs said:

Hello, i want to be sure of it but if i platinum a game that i start 10 years ago for exemple in 2023 does it works for the challenge ? 1f60a.png

As long as the :platinum: is unlocked in 2023 in your timezone it counts :)

2 hours ago, rRhyze said:

What are the badges about? where i should see to set the game difficulty? trophy guide from psn profiles or it can be anywhere like ps trophies org

The badges are a like a reward if you finish any optional challenge :) You can put them for example in your signature to show on this forum what you have achieved.

You can use many websites that show trophy guides for example ps trophies org, Platprices, Platget, Powerpyx. I am German i use trophies.de too.

• Like 2

I voted no on the poll initially because I thought there would be lots of games given way too high rankings, but after looking at a bunch of PlayStationTrophies polls of games I consider 7-8 in difficulty, I think it's fine. I'm surprised at how fair the poll ratings were, I thought for sure it'd lead to a bunch of games unfairly getting 10/10.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, disaster500 said:

I voted no on the poll initially because I thought there would be lots of games given way too high rankings, but after looking at a bunch of PlayStationTrophies polls of games I consider 7-8 in difficulty, I think it's fine. I'm surprised at how fair the poll ratings were, I thought for sure it'd lead to a bunch of games unfairly getting 10/10.

Yeah I was worried about that too. I legit spent 2hrs looking at polls lol (insomnia lately) and came to the same conclusion that the polls were way more accurate and fair than I initially thought. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temp-381229 said:

What about not popular old games with 1-9 votes?

My list:

01 PS4         Life is Strange: True Colors                       Romance
02 PS5         The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope  Mystery 

03 PS4         The Callisto Protocol                                 Survival

04 PS4 (VR) Astro Bot Rescue Mission                         Platform

05 PS4 (VR) Blood & Truth                                            Shooter

06 PS4         Bound by Flame                                        Role-playing (RPG)

07 PS4 (VR) Until Dawn: Rush of Blood                         Horror

08 PS5         OlliOlli World                                              Sport

09 PS4         Surgeon Simulator                                     Simulator

10 PS4         Hollow Knight                                             Indie

Badges:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Hollow Knight

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Bound by Flame

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - OlliOlli World

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades

PdQrAjI.png OCD

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master

qrLgdXF.png VR Master

cIZUd7T.png FIRST! Why not? xD

If a game has less than 10 votes it can’t be counted from the poll. You’d have to find a guide or write one for the guide writer badge.

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

As long as the :platinum: is unlocked in 2023 in your timezone it counts :)

The badges are a like a reward if you finish any optional challenge :) You can put them for example in your signature to show on this forum what you have achieved.

You can use many websites that show trophy guides for example ps trophies org, Platprices, Platget, Powerpyx. I am German i use trophies.de too.

yeah i kinda know what badges are but how i can use them on my profile?

• Like 1

@Stedde Dang, yeah 10/10's are very very rare on PS5. Devil May Cry 5, Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elder Scrolls Online are the only ones I can think of. Might be best to branch out to PS4 for that one.

@rRhyze The badges here are a just-for-fun addition to this challenge. The true meaning of the challenge is to platinum all difficulty ratings 1-10 in a single year. The badges are just a fun way to distinguish your list from others and challenge yourself in new ways. Please check out the Rules and the Resources sections on the main page and that should answer all your questions :) And you can add them to your Forums Signature if you'd like after earning them by finishing the challenge. That'd be cool.

@Salamandxrs Yes that counts. You can make any amount of progress you want before 2023, just the platinum has to pop in 2023. Doesn't matter how long the game's been on your list. In fact, there's a bonus badge for platinuming a game that's been on your list more than 3 years.

@Platpple Great list, bunch of high quality games there too! Ratings look good, good luck!

@temp-381229 So yeah, community votes with less than 10 votes wouldn't count. Also, awesome list. Cool to see people go for Jack of All Trades, that's a complex one. Are you shooting for FIRST! on January 1st? I think you're the only one that I've seen that's expressed interest in speedrunning the challenge so you may not have to worry too much about piling up progress this month. I'd check around and see if you have any competition. Either way good luck! 

@serrated-banner9 Yeah you bring up a good point. I guess anyone could account spam a poll to get it where they want it ,but since there's no way to tell I guess it'd still count. And that'd be the same whether they manipulate the average or the highest voted number. However, there's still gotta be some common sense to it ya know. If someone account spams My Friend Peppa Pig into a 10/10...haha...everyone's gonna see through that ?

@Taruta13 Sounds good! If you change your mind later the challenge is open all year! 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4

Perfect this challenge sounds good for me and my completion haha ! 
Platinum all 10 games

1/10 - Telltales's Guardians of the Galaxy Point-and-click

2/10 - No Heroes Allowed! VR RTS
3/10 - Moss Puzzle game

4/10 - Firewall : Zero hour Tactical 

5/10 - Dead space on ps5  otherwise if difficulties change : The surge 2 Science fiction 

6/10 - Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Stealth

7/10 - Genshin Impact Ps5 Fantasy

8/10- Devil may cry Beat 'em up

9/10 - The evil Within Horror

10/10 - Skyforge RPG (MMO)

Badges :

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Skyforge (500 Hours)
  • r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Devil may cry (10 Years)
  • F5psQ31.png Masochist - Skyforge - The evil within
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order
  • KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - N°1/2/3/4/9/10
  • qrLgdXF.png VR Master - N°2/3/4
  • odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Genshin impact
  • JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades 
  •  
  • rusKixo.png Rare Genre - No heroes allowed ! VR
  • JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - (Action) Only Firewall zero Hour and Guardian of the galaxy are not action games

I am ready for a second list

Edited by Salamandxrs
i change some games - add badges - add link
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Salamandxrs said:

One other thing i am not sure of, are the badges possible to get with 10 games and more or only the 10 games we used on the challenge ?

Great list! Good luck! We’ll see what Dead Space Remake is rated next year cause remakes and originals usually don’t share trophy lists. 

So you can earn as many badges on a list as you can fit with the games you choose. You can rearrange your list and do other games to earn more badges. If you want more badges than you can fit in a single list then you can do more than one list :) Check out the badge rules section of the main post for more info.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:56 PM, Moomba said:

I overhauled most of my list (quoted above). I decided to be a bit more ambitious with badges.

I swapped 6 games. I changed SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics to 5/10 because it is listed as 4.60 on the PS4 Difficulty Ratings thread. I wrote the guide for Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV on PlaystationTrophies with Tuffinz. I've been meaning to do another stack (will probably do the Asian version). That should make me eligible for 8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points and GfmFq8n.png Guide Writer. I think Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance should count for 37roFKE.png Murica because of the part of the game in Denver, Colorado. I also manage to fit in 3 Vita games for kHuhNg6.png Vita Master.

• Like 4

Glad you've brought it back for 2023 ? Count me in!!

❎ 1/10 - Lara Croft Go (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ???
❎ 2/10 - Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 3/10 - Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 4/10 - God of War Ragnarok (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 5/10 - Final Fantasy VII Remake (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 6/10 - Alwa's Awakening (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???
❎ 7/10 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 8/10 - The Evil Within 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 9/10 - Spelunky 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 10/10 - Wuppo (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

This is the start of my list, can't wait to get started! Hoping to get a VR Headset in the new year so hopefully, my list will include a few VR games!

Edited by RicosTrophyHunt
  • Like 2

The Callisto Protocol can be used as a 3, 5 or 6 using this guide…just in case anyone is interested in that one and holds off on platinuming until January 

https://www.powerpyx.com/the-callisto-protocol-trophy-guide-roadmap/?fbclid=IwAR3M8EBvtYDECx8Dro7sVqcYyUZLRrrIfWPGDtw9T_GHRe0FD3YlyZ09_T4&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

@Moomba Wow yeah great job fitting so many badges on a single list! I think you're tied for the most badges I've seen on one list. I originally was gonna have a year end prize for the person with the most badges on a single list, but I wanna give away PSN cards for each winner and since I fund this out of my personal money I decided against it. I might do some other form of recognition for the person that does that though cause I'm way impressed with how some of you have fit so much on there lol I don't see your name on the credits for the Monster of the Deep trophy guide but idk how PlaystationTrophies handles co-authored guide writers so I'll take your word for it :) And to confirm, yes Metal Gear Rising counts for Murica :)

@ZLordofAwesome Haha sorry I foiled your Peppa Pig plans ?

@RicosTrophyHunt Glad you're back man! Hopefully you can get that PSVR2! That's funny you have Ice Age on your list, I just downloaded that the other day for one of my kids, she loves it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

I don't see your name on the credits for the Monster of the Deep trophy guide but idk how PlaystationTrophies handles co-authored guide writers so I'll take your word for it :)

I don’t know why they don’t write the credit in text anywhere but it is in the banner: https://i.imgur.com/4PC5uLN_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Like 1