Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

14 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Jack of all Trades and Tricky Little Pony is definitely possible in one list. I have 7 games with Adventure while all 10 games have at least 1 more and different tag so i'll strive for both badges in one list :)

Dang ok. Maybe next year I'll remove Action and Adventure from being eligible to make it more interesting ?, but for now lots of people have already set up their lists so y'all go for it :) 

6 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Great question, the answer is from the numbers you quoted there this game can be counted as a 3, 4, or 5. It can't be counted as a 1-2 or a 6-10 unless those ratings were presented. 

So basically you can take any of those values since they are either an official guide writer estimate or a community poll result. The kind of stuff that doesn't count is "I know the guide says this is a 6, but it took me 100hrs or I died a million times so I say its a 10" or if you quote some random guy on a forum anywhere that writes a novel on why his personal difficulty estimate should be considered better than the official guide or poll result. Those don't count. 

Hope that helps :)

Got it.

Was just unsure if one single website could be used as source for more than one difficulty rating if they were present.

In this case, I will just ignore most of the websites listed and only gather the difficulty ratings from PSNProfiles, platprices.com and ps3t.org. The other places look like they have a way smaller number of games covered.

By the way, my earlier issue with #1 kind of solved itself when I gathered the difficulty ratings on PSNProfiles, since I had forgotten about TOEM and That's You! (UR with a difficulty rating of 1 on PSNProfiles), this bit may be interested to someone going for the UR badge.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Questions for @Rebourne07

If i go for Multiple Lists can i work on them all at the same time and also all the games in different orders. So for example if i had 3 Lists that all had the Spooky Badge which means that specific game Platinum cant be popped until October i could still work on that game earlier in the year and just leave one Trophy outstanding so as to pop the Platinum in October plus i can still pop Platinums for games that are on a harder difficulty in that list assuming i wasnt doing OCD for that particular list.

Can i post more than one List now and complete them in different orders depending on how things go throughout the year? So if i posted 3 different Lists and for example called them List 1, List 2 & List 3 then i could decide later on which list i complete first or do they have to be completed in a specific order? Or do i have to post one list now and then only post the next once the first is completed and only post a 3rd list after the second is completed, or could i post all 3 and then complete them in whatever order i like and then just apply the Overachiever badge when finishing the 2nd list.

Also can the Over Achiever be earned more than once say after completing a 4th List or is it a one time only Badge. 

Lastly for the Repeat Offender badge. Would that only be applied to the list where the second game is posted or would it count on both lists? Also how about if you played the Same game on 3 Separate lists for example you did the PS3, PS4 and VITA stacks on 3 different lists. Would the badge apply to all Lists or only the second list and 3rd List? 

• Like 1

On 03.12.2022 at 10:05 PM, temp-381229 said:

My list:

01 PS4         Life is Strange: True Colors   Romance
02 PS4         The Long Reach                    Puzzle

03 PS4         The Callisto Protocol              Survival

04 PS4 (VR) Astro Bot Rescue Mission      Platform

05 PS4 (VR) Blood & Truth                         Shooter

06 PS4         Bound by Flame                     Role-playing (RPG)

07 PS4 (VR) Until Dawn: Rush of Blood      Horror

08 PS5         OlliOlli World                           Sport

09 PS4         Surgeon Simulator                  Simulator

10 PS4         Hollow Knight                          Indie

Badges:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Hollow Knight

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Bound by Flame

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - OlliOlli World

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony  - All except Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is Action

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades

PdQrAjI.png OCD

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master

qrLgdXF.png VR Master

cIZUd7T.png FIRST! Why not? xD

Change Little Hope (PS5) to The Long Reach (PS4). Little Hope is piece of bugged shit! Game crashes every 30 minutes is ok, but some chapters didn't start at all.

Also checked genres at my list again and 9 of them is Action) One Trick Pony welcome! Looool

Edited by temp-381229
  • Like 1

@DazzaFett Yep, any platinum from any list in any order. Like you said you'd just have to time certain platinums like the horror games for spooky. OCD would have to be in order, but you could also play them all up until one trophy away them pop them all in a row. 

You can post as many lists as you want anytime you want and complete them in any order you want or even mix and match them to maximize badges, as long as each game is only counted once. Once a platinum is on a list, it's used up and can't be applied to any other lists. Lists only become official once you've done 7/10 games on them and earned Bronze tier or higher so before then you can post whatever helps you organize your thoughts. That's when I put you and your list on the leaderboards. If anything about your list changes after you are on the leaderboards you just gotta make sure you explicitly tell me about changes so I can update the main post to match. 

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:
  • You can change an already completed list as long as the swap you make results in you getting more or different badges.

For the Overachiever badge:

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Overachiever - Complete Platinum tier on a second list in the same year

• This is awarded once for completing 2 Platinum tier lists in the same year
  • This is not awarded for third or fourth etc. lists

I never thought about the Repeat Offender badge counting more than once cause the scenario I had in mind is something like you platinum the PS4 version on one list then auto-pop the PS5 version on another list. But you bring up a good point with games that have more than 2 versions and if people wanna do region stacks those would count too. I'll put into the rules that the first time you do a game for a list, it won't count for Repeat Offender but every subsequent time it will, however many times that may be. 

Thanks for the great questions. Hopefully that clears some things up.

Edited by Rebourne07

@Inuty Great list! And good plan on waiting until things are complete for badges. Badges don't have to be figured out until you hit 7/10 games cause then you go on the leaderboards under Bronze tier and you'd want badges figured out by then at the latest. Another note, you have Crash 4 on there which could count as a 10 instead if you want so unless you're shooting for Masochist you could put that as your 10 and find a "tamer" 9. Up to you though. 

@Wurstmann69 haha nice, I'm interested to see what a Minesweeper list will even look like ?

• Like 1

@Rebourne07  thanks for confirming my questions and all very well understood. I have earned 40 Platinums this year so far and i was setting myself a Personal challenge to try and complete 50 next year so this challenge is great to have something to also aim towards as i generally play a wide variety of difficuty games anyway including 9s and 10s. so i am going to plan out 5 Lists and see how i get on with them. The fact i have already got the Platinum for a number of 8s, 9s and 10s means i have to consider console and region stacks as options become more limited but i personally dont believe in Autopopping Trophies so that is the one Badge i will defintately not be going for as i prefer to replay games and earn the Tophies again in full as its far more enjoyable for me than just booting up a game watching all the trophies pop and then removing it again LOL  (I dont have an issue with other people that Autopop tho, Its just not for me)

I think my First List is going to be specifically set around going for Minesweeper badge as that way i wont risk messing it up with the Repeat Offender Badge requirement by mistake LOL

Edited by DazzaFett
  • Like 1

@Rebourne07 Sorry for more questions but i just wanted to clarify something. Its great that the challenge is not burdened down with lots of rules and restrictions but also i dont want to do something that means i mess up a badge i would want to go for.

My Question is in realation to when a Game Trophy list is for more than one console say for example the PS4 and VITA share the same Trophy List so you can play it on either but you can only earn one Platinum between them. The question has two parts 1) how would this apply to the console specific Badges? For example if you had 5 out right PS4 games but one that had a shared Trophy List with the VITA would that still be able to be counted as the 6th PS4 game and thus earn the badge (I assume it would). 2) However on the other hand which is specifiaclly applicable to the Minesweeper badge (which i am trying to put together a list for).  If i picked 5 outright PS4 games and one that was a shared PS4/VITA game would this automatically mean the Minesweeper would be ineligible even if i planned to play that game on the VITA? I ask as its impossible to tell which console was actually used but i play a lot of VITA games that share Trophy lists with the PS3 and PS4 and sometimes both so i just want to clarify before submitting a list that doesnt end up being able to get me the Minesweeper badge.

Also a question in relation to Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games. 

Do you count 8-bit Retro Style collections in this group? Like the Mega Drive, Atari, Namco type collections. I would say No as they are new collections from much older generations of consoles pre Sony where as the Badge seems to indicate more about Playstation games that are remade, remastered etc.

Again i am asking to clarify specifically as i am putting together a Minesweeper List and wanted to know if one of these types of collections e.g Atari, would be counted alongside say a PS2 remake or can i count them separately

Thanks in advance

Edited by DazzaFett
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DazzaFett said:

@Rebourne07 Sorry for more questions but i just wanted to clarify something. Its great that the challenge is not burdened down with lots of rules and restrictions but also i dont want to do something that means i mess up a badge i would want to go for.

My Question is in realation to when a Game Trophy list is for more than one console say for example the PS4 and VITA share the same Trophy List so you can play it on either but you can only earn one Platinum between them. The question has two parts 1) how would this apply to the console specific Badges? For example if you had 5 out right PS4 games but one that had a shared Trophy List with the VITA would that still be able to be counted as the 6th PS4 game and thus earn the badge (I assume it would). 2) However on the other hand which is specifiaclly applicable to the Minesweeper badge (which i am trying to put together a list for).  If i picked 5 outright PS4 games and one that was a shared PS4/VITA game would this automatically mean the Minesweeper would be ineligible even if i planned to play that game on the VITA? I ask as its impossible to tell which console was actually used but i play a lot of VITA games that share Trophy lists with the PS3 and PS4 and sometimes both so i just want to clarify before submitting a list that doesnt end up being able to get me the Minesweeper badge.

Also a question in relation to Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games. 

Do you count 8-bit Retro Style collections in this group? Like the Mega Drive, Atari, Namco type collections. I would say No as they are new collections from much older generations of consoles pre Sony where as the Badge seems to indicate more about Playstation games that are remade, remastered etc.

Again i am asking to clarify specifically as i am putting together a Minesweeper List and wanted to know if one of these types of collections e.g Atari, would be counted alongside say a PS2 remake or can i count them separately

Thanks in advance

No problem, it’s good to have everything clear so questions are good.

For the console specific badges and minesweeper question, if a game on your list is shared across multiple systems, you can count it as any of the systems, just gotta pick one. So for minesweeper in the situation you described, you’re just limited to 5 or less PS4 only games. If you have 5 PS4 only games and 2 PS4/Vita games then you could count the 2 PS4/Vita games as Vita, even if you didn’t play them on vita. Just gotta be careful, 5 PS4 and 3+ PS4/Vita would mean you gotta earn either PS4 Master or Vita Master so avoid that. 

For the remake/remasters question, yes old system collections count as remasters. I need to put a clarification about that in the rules, but yeah stuff like Sonic’s Genesis Collection or Arcade Series: Pac Man count as remasters since they are re-releases of old games in an updated format.

Great questions

• Like 1

@Rebourne07 ok cool, understood about the shared Trophy Lists. I have a list that actually managed to earn Minesweeper without needing to use one that has a shared list anyway but then it had two Retro collections and one remaster so based on the second question I need to swap one of those out for a different game so the Share Trophy List may well come back into contention.

I thought the minesweeper Badge would be really easy to put together but it’s proving quite tricky to get a List put together without some other badge requirement also being hit. Lol 

• Like 1

@Rebourne07 Sorry more questions for clarity.

1) If a game guide states for the difficulty    7/10 (With the backup save exploit) 10/10 (Without the exploit)  Does that mean you can use either the 7 or 10 difficulty regardless of if you actually used a save exploit or not.  I am guessing you can as it would be impossible to tell if someone has used the expolit or not but best to clarify.

2) With Minesweeper badge and First! badge    If in the case that someone submitted a Minesweeper List but it also just so happened to be the 1st list to complete a Platinum tier would the fact it was first and thus earn the First Badge then negate and undo all the hard work put in to try and get a the minesweeper badge done LOL  In other words anyone specifically trying for the minesweeper badge is better off holding back until after you have seen the First has already been awarded to someone. (Sorry i know that is a very specific and unique situaiton to occur but it would be Sods Law ?)

I have my list completed (but there is a good chance some of the games will be substituted out)

❎ 1/10 - Lara Croft Go (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ???
❎ 2/10 - Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 3/10 - Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 4/10 - God of War Ragnarok (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 5/10 - Final Fantasy VII Remake (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 6/10 - Alwa's Awakening (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???
❎ 7/10 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 8/10 - The Evil Within 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 9/10 - Spelunky 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 10/10 - Wuppo (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

• Like 1

@Warpedsavior lmao wow, 17 badges is insane. Good luck! 

@temp-381229 Yeah the genre badges make it complicated. So you gotta do the opposite of what they say.

1) For Jack of all Trades, you gotta have at least one game on your list that doesn't have a genre/theme unique to only that game among your list. So something like Ape Escape only has the Action genre, that's it. So if you have any other game with the Action genre...then you'd be ineligible for Jack of all Trades, which would be good for Minesweeper.

2) For One Trick Pony, you gotta make sure there's no common genre/theme across any 6 of your games. So Action and Adventure being the most common genres you'll need to make sure you don't have 6 of any one type in there.

@willythom88 Romance is a genre/theme determined by IGDB, so it's gotta have the Romance tag. The amount of romance going on in the game doesn't actually matter, it's about the tag.

xp7NBm5.png

@DazzaFett 1) Yep, you can use either one in cases like that. 2) Haha, in that extremely unlikely scenario, the person could choose to either forfeit their Minesweeper badge to keep the FIRST! badge or they could forfeit their FIRST! badge (it'd go to whoever finished 2nd) and keep their Minesweeper badge. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Warpedsavior lmao wow, 17 badges is insane. Good luck! 

@temp-381229 Yeah the genre badges make it complicated. So you gotta do the opposite of what they say.

1) For Jack of all Trades, you gotta have at least one game on your list that doesn't have a genre/theme unique to only that game among your list. So something like Ape Escape only has the Action genre, that's it. So if you have any other game with the Action genre...then you'd be ineligible for Jack of all Trades, which would be good for Minesweeper.

2) For One Trick Pony, you gotta make sure there's no common genre/theme across any 6 of your games. So Action and Adventure being the most common genres you'll need to make sure you don't have 6 of any one type in there.

@willythom88 Romance is a genre/theme determined by IGDB, so it's gotta have the Romance tag. The amount of romance going on in the game doesn't actually matter, it's about the tag.

xp7NBm5.png

@DazzaFett 1) Yep, you can use either one in cases like that. 2) Haha, in that extremely unlikely scenario, the person could choose to either forfeit their Minesweeper badge to keep the FIRST! badge or they could forfeit their FIRST! badge (it'd go to whoever finished 2nd) and keep their Minesweeper badge. 

Isn't it you have to have 6 or more games of same genre/theme to get one trick pony badge?

28 minutes ago, tankman_bilal28 said:

Isn't it you have to have 6 or more games of same genre/theme to get one trick pony badge?

Yes you are correct. But temp-381229 is asking about how to avoid the One Trick Pony badge to achieve the Minesweeper badge. Sorry for the confusion. 

I would like to hop in on this event! Seems neat to have a goal and also a nice way to clean up a few games on my profile as I just started collecting trophies. This is my current list but it might change :)

1/10 - The Walking Dead

2/10 - Doraemon - Story of Seasons

3/10 - Psychonauts

4/10 - Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

❌ 5/10 - Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk

6/10 - Little Town Hero

7/10 - Final Fantasy X

8/10 - Shadow of the Colossus

9/10 - Mirror's Edge

❌ 10/10 - Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Badges I will go for if the list stays like this:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Final Fantasy X

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - The Walking Dead, Ni no Kuni, Atelier Ayesha, Shadow of the Colossus, Mirror's Edge

9ecFreL.png Old School - Psychonauts, Final Fantasy X, Shadow of the Colossus

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - (RPG) Doraemon, Ni no Kuni, Atelier Ayesha, Little Town Hero, Final Fantasy X, Star Ocean

• Like 2

Well, I'll give it a shot in 2023. Here's my list:

1/10 - Suicide Guy

2/10 - Monopoly Madness

3/10 - Ape Escape

4/10 - Control

5/10 - Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition

6/10 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2

7/10 - Ys Origin

8/10 - Final Fantasy IX

9/10 - Mirror's Edge

10/10 - Injustice: Gods Among Us

Intended badges:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Final Fantasy IX

odWe7mC.pngAward Winner - Control

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Final Fantasy IX

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Mirror's Edge

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - Suicide Guy, Monopoly Madness, Ape Escape, Ys Origin, Final Fantasy IX, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition

PdQrAjI.png OCD

9ecFreL.png Old School - Ape Escape, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, Final Fantasy IX

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Suicide Guy, Monopoly Madness, Ape Escape, Control, Ys Origin, Final Fantasy IX, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition

rusKixo.png Rare Genre - Monopoly Madness

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Ys Origin

Edited by MattbluePT
  • Like 2