Reported glitch Maximum Security

bryanr1213

19 hours ago, Xiofire said:

I started the game on Normal and I'm on the final level.

Will this still work, and what are the exact instructions to get it to work?

Is there a specific spot in the game that I should use to do it?

It should still work. 

Make a manual save right after the boss fight during the cut scene. 

Switch it to maximum than finish the game. It should pop.

If not close out the game load the manual save, change than finish. 

On 12/3/2022 at 10:09 PM, leprekon666 said:

Anyone know if this works without patches?   My copy hasn’t even been picked up by Canada post and says I won’t get it till Tuesday but hoping Monday.  Afraid there might be another patch before I get the game. 

Even if it is patched as long as you pay offline with no patches the glitch will still work.

On 12/4/2022 at 4:03 AM, Jason-DFG said:

I'm planning on doing this down the road once i'm more trough my backlog, can anyone tell me if i buy the physical disc, instal the game without installing any updates, will the glitch still work?

Yes just play offline so it doesnt install patches.

37 minutes ago, bryanr1213 said:

Even if it is patched as long as you pay offline with no patches the glitch will still work.

Yes just play offline so it doesnt install patches.

Only 1.006.000 showed up so I’m all good.  Also someone said the first story trophy didn’t unlock with no patches. 

Has anyone tested this glitch with the PS4 version? I can't get it to trigger. I have a min security manual save after final boss, loading it up and changing to max doesn't work, nor does rebooting the game and hitting continue. 

I even reloaded a save before the boss and beat him again, following exactly the steps and it didn't pop. 

Edited by Startyde

On 12/5/2022 at 9:52 AM, mddowlin said:

Can confirm it works on 1.06 on PS4, I even updated my game while partway through (Will have to wait until the trophy list is online for proof). I had a heck of a time getting it to work though. My advice is that even though it says to close the game and reload your manual save after the final boss, I would recommend turning the system off then back on before loading your save.

I know a lot of people are frustrated by others using this exploit, but man am I so glad I don't have to play this mid-tier game any longer.

Hi there, once you loaded your manual save post boss (I imagine it was on minimum) at what point did you switch to max? (During cutscenes, when you took control again etc?

56 minutes ago, Startyde said:

Hi there, once you loaded your manual save post boss (I imagine it was on minimum) at what point did you switch to max? (During cutscenes, when you took control again etc?

When running to the escape pods

You don't need to manual save your game,just change the difficulty to maximum,finish the game,close game,turn off console,load last checkpoint,watch credits and then trophy will pop

Edited by Squarevii87

7 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

For those using the Maximum-Security exploit, it isn’t inconsistent, it will work first time if specifically do the following.

– Start the game on Max Security (looks like this isn't mandatory with recent information)
– Change it to difficulty of choice
– Beat end-boss, immediately put it back at Max Security. Make a manual save to be safe, but likely not necessary.
– Finish game. Trophy will NOT pop yet.
– Close game. Restart game.
Load most recent AUTO SAVE. This is key. Do not reload your manual save as some advise. To be clear, I recommend making one for safety, but your should be re-loading your last auto-save (should be on Max Security after the end-boss). Run through to end and it will pop.

I haven't heard of anyone this hasn't worked for, originally based off TA digging. Worked first time for me and several others. 

Thanks for this, looks like the key aspect here, which wasnt really clear before is that you need to change difficulty BETWEEN defeating the boss and the next autosave!!

Out of all the different methods im reading, this is the only inconsistency nobody is very clear on and so perhaps this is why its working for some and not for others.

Because most are saying "change difficulty after beating the last boss, then complete the game and reload" without mentioning any sort of timeframe, it doesnt seem important because 'after the boss' is like a big window so readers dont realise it must be after a certain point, but before another certain point!

So after the boss, but before the next autosave is much more consistent and specific.

So just wanted to say thanks (if this is the reason) for saying 'immediately' as that may be exactly what causes the glitch. You must change difficulty, but then trigger an autosave for the exploit to take affect!!

Ive not tried the glitch at all yet as I dont think it is really necessary if you can get platinum in 4 hours anyway, but I'll check it out and how it maybe works when I platinum it again soon

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

For those using the Maximum-Security exploit, it isn’t inconsistent, it will work first time if specifically do the following.

– Start the game on Max Security (looks like this isn't mandatory with recent information)
– Beat end-boss, immediately put it back at Max Security. Make a manual save to be safe, but likely not necessary.
Load most recent AUTO SAVE. This is key. Do not reload your manual save as some advise. To be clear, I recommend making one for safety, but your should be re-loading your last auto-save (should be on Max Security after the end-boss). Run through to end and it will pop.

I haven't heard of anyone this hasn't worked for, originally based off TA digging. Worked first time for me and several others. 

Hey everyone :)

I'd like to add that I followed the above post (thank you by the way, Phantom) but I never started the game on Maximum security and completed the game without changing from medium difficulty. I then focused on some of your method after I had just done my "Normal" playthrough 

Following your instructions I focused on the auto-save sections and just reloaded a auto save before my boss fight started. I did everything as you said and once defeated, switched to Maximum Security and continued to follow the rest of your walkthrough. It worked perfectly! 

To summarise my end of things quicker: 

- I had already completed the game so just reloaded an auto save from before the boss and followed the method from where it sinked up with myself. I never started on Max and have a disc copy, if that matter for updates and stuff. 

14 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Thanks so much for the effort but for the life of me I still can't get the PS4 version to pop on PS5. I switch to max immediately after killing the last boss and the autosave it makes (where it keels over dead) says Maximum Security, as does all the hallway autosaves. I've restarted the console and game so many times loading up these autosaves and nada. I've purged all saves up till the last boss and have repeatedly beaten him.

Do you have to wait for the entire credit roll for it to pop? For any that have the PS5 version, can you confirm these steps do pop the Max Diff Trophy on the PS4 version?

I suppose the only step I'm missing is the manual save but not sure why it would be needed since it autosaves immediately after killing the last boss. 

16 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Out of all the different methods im reading, this is the only inconsistency nobody is very clear on and so perhaps this is why its working for some and not for others.

Because most are saying "change difficulty after beating the last boss, then complete the game and reload" without mentioning any sort of timeframe, it doesnt seem important because 'after the boss' is like a big window so readers dont realise it must be after a certain point, but before another certain point!

So after the boss, but before the next autosave is much more consistent and specific.

Good shout. I did mean immediately quite literally. IMMEDIATELY after the end-boss cutscene starts, and BEFORE you start running at the end. I played this on Xbox, but it shouldn't matter because the exploit is identical.

9 hours ago, mattfry94 said:

I'd like to add that I followed the above post (thank you by the way, Phantom) but I never started the game on Maximum security and completed the game without changing from medium difficulty. I then focused on some of your method after I had just done my "Normal" playthrough 

Following your instructions I focused on the auto-save sections and just reloaded a auto save before my boss fight started. I did everything as you said and once defeated, switched to Maximum Security and continued to follow the rest of your walkthrough. It worked perfectly! 

Good to hear! Think it's pretty safe to conclude at this point you don't need to start on Max as a mandatory step. I happened to, as the exploit became knowledge when I was at around Chapter 3. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

Okay, finally got it to pop for both PS4 and PS5. Here was my issue:

I started playing PS4 version on PS5 and followed the above steps. No matter what I did, it would NOT unlock The Protocol is Life on that console.

So I downloaded the PS4 version on an actual PS4 (had to take all current updates as of today) and synced over my saves from PS5 via cloud. What was interesting is that a few of my saves which said Maximum Difficulty on PS5 now said Minimum on PS4. I'm wondering if some kinda off save issue is occurring when both versions are on a PS5. 

Regardless, loading my last Escape Autosave (which did say Maximum Security) DID pop it on PS4. I have no idea how this will work when PS4 online sync goes live finally as now I have most trophies on one console and a few on another. 

I then went back to PS5, loaded the PS5 version and that last Auto Save and it popped there as well no issues. So it was something with the PS4 version on the PS5. Now that I'm not worries about patches, I'll go and delete the PS4 version of the PS5 and redownload it in case that was a factor, and try and pop the Plat reloading the same.

I'm not sure how much this would help anyone here but my summary is:

1. The auto pop for Max works fine on PS5 version with the OP's steps.

2. I could NOT autopop the PS4 version on a PS5 using the last autosave.

3. I COULD auto pop the PS4 version on a PS4 just copying that very save over via cloud.

4. Striking Distance is looking amateur hour not having the PS4 trophies live after a week.

Take care!

EDIT uninstalling and reinstalling PS4 version on PS5 fixed it and last autosave autopopped. Closure!

Edited by Startyde
  • Like 1