Reported glitch Maximum Security

bryanr1213

2 hours ago, biggun3965 said:

It doesn't work anymore. I even reverted the updates to 1.0, but for some reason, you cant even finish the game on 1.0, it crashes as soon as you enter the final cutscene.

No been any recent updates since the 1.07. Did you change difficulty to Max Surv straight after beating the boss and before the next Autosave so that the final Autosave before the credits is made with it already on Max Surv??

That seems to be the key aspect which isnt clear in a lot of methods for this. I think the exploit works because of something to do with how the autosave works, so the autosave needs to be on Max Surv already, then any saves after that are fine because the game already identifies it as Max Surv.

I think changing difficulty straight after the boss, then reloading the next autosave as soon as it triggers is enough to get the glitch working. I dont think the whole 'Watch the credits and then reload' is even necessary.

Edited by Optinooby

44 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

No been any recent updates since the 1.07. Did you change difficulty to Max Surv straight after beating the boss and before the next Autosave so that the final Autosave before the credits is made with it already on Max Surv??

That seems to be the key aspect which isnt clear in a lot of methods for this. I think the exploit works because of something to do with how the autosave works, so the autosave needs to be on Max Surv already, then any saves after that are fine because the game already identifies it as Max Surv.

I think changing difficulty straight after the boss, then reloading the next autosave as soon as it triggers is enough to get the glitch working. I dont think the whole 'Watch the credits and then reload' is even necessary.

Didn't 1.007.000 only drop like Thursday or early yesterday? I saw some people over on trueachievments also say it's broken now but I really hope your right

Edited by Taliesin_2943

On 2022-12-05 at 6:29 PM, TheStark700 said:

Got my Platinum now and confirmed that it still works with the latest patch. Make sure it's a manual save though and it seems to be the second time that worked (after rebooting the game and hitting continue)

what did you do to get it to pop? I have tried all of the methods, and it will not pop for me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ziggurcat said:

what did you do to get it to pop? I have tried all of the methods, and it will not pop for me.

I made manual save immediately after beating endgame boss. Did the thing and didn't pop at first. I quit game, restarted it, and then did that short run at the end. Popped during cutscenes.

I noticed some of the posts in this thread today and not sure if it has been changed. I got this like on Monday and at the time, there was no new patch.

Edited by TheStark700
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 9:45 PM, bryanr1213 said:

Well if you can no life it getting it done wont be a problem (estimated 10 hours) me I havent even boughten the game but if i do ill just get the physical and do it with no patch, most studios wont waste the time or resources to fix a glitched trophy unless you are activision, gearbox took forever to fix there trophy glitches, techland still hadnt fixed theres after 4 patches only time will tell.

Exploit Method:

1. Start Game on “Maximum Security” (highest difficulty)
  2. After the game starts change it to Easy difficulty in game options
  3. Play through it on easy until you defeated the endboss
  4. Make a manual save after endboss and change it back to Maximum Security
  5. Finish the story and it should unlock Maximum Security trophy
  6. If it doesn’t work on first try reboot game and click “Continue” and change difficulty to max security again, then watch the final cutscene again and it should pop

Beating the game on the highest difficulty is no lifin it.  lol Talk about upsidedown thinking myman.  Pursue what is meaningful, not expedient is a great quote in application here.  Im not innocent padding some games, but when it comes to "this" for this expierence, i feel its as close to throwing your morals out the window.  There really is no good argument, bc why buy it if 'you're in a hurry and have other stuff'? Then there's its available to exploit, so i can get my trophy for free, and the ill play how i wanna.  

You bought it though, others, whomever.  So in the end i guess fly by your way.  Thats about the only excuse which actually is somewhat acceptable bc ya ain't hurting anyone.  It just expresses a playstyle, one in which i cut corners, even on games i really shouldn't.  Just know competitive people are usually going to call it out.  This is not necessarily posted at you bryan.  

It's just the way it is.  We've slowly slipped down this path in general in society, fake it till you make, cheat at the sake of your own gain, participation trophies for people who really didnt earn them.     Its hard for people to understand i think, but i feel as if i understand pretty clearly.   it's just down to- do you want to confront the dragon or not?  The hero's journey is not for every Isaac.

I am blown away on a side note no ps4 list, unless you go offline.

I’ve got the ps5 version on disk finshed the game using the method of switching the difficulty to maximum Security but naff all happens the patch I’m on at the moment it the 1.07 even tried reloading my save and auto save does nothing so can some one shed some light am I doing something wrong extremely frustrating not working as I don’t really want to go through the whole game the legit way and now sitting at 91% 

10 hours ago, biggun3965 said:

It doesn't work anymore. I even reverted the updates to 1.0, but for some reason, you cant even finish the game on 1.0, it crashes as soon as you enter the final cutscene.

Even I’ve tried tht on the ps5 dosnt let u run up the stairs just crashes and chucks me out the game?

5 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

I made manual save immediately after beating endgame boss. Did the thing and didn't pop at first. I quit game, restarted it, and then did that short run at the end. Popped during cutscenes.

I noticed some of the posts in this thread today and not sure if it has been changed. I got this like on Monday and at the time, there was no new patch.

I mean, that’s what I did, too… except I only tried this last night.  People on the new patch have claimed it still works, but there’s some information missing, perhaps, on what they’re doing to get it to work.  I haven’t checked to see if there’s been a new patch since 1.007 (on PS5), so there might have been a sneaky hotfix or something after that.

If anyone has gotten this to work on the latest patch, please share the method because I can’t seem to get it to go with the current info.  

Edited by ziggurcat

9 hours ago, Optinooby said:

It may have been patched? If anyone has gotten it to go on the latest update, I hope they share.  I tried for a few hours, and it hasn't worked for me - AS SOON as the cutscene triggers (I'm talking immediately) after beating the last boss, I pause, change the difficulty, let it all play out, reboot the game, and load the most recent auto save (I've tried just hitting continue or manually loading the auto save file).  Nothing. 

By the way, doing a manual save right when the cutscene triggers indicates that it's still on the "Last Chance" checkpoint, and not the "Run to the pods", if that info happens to be helpful.  The autosave that generates definitely says it's on Maximum difficulty, so the timing of how I've done it should be good according to the method posted by @PhantomFear    

4 minutes ago, jungkoosaeys said:

Beat the boss, change it to maximum 

I made a save during the run for the pods.

I let those credits roll till end, then quit game and continued .. 

got the trophy then 

At what point did you change the difficulty after you beat the boss? And what game version?

8 minutes ago, raphi_boss67 said:

Which version are you playing on ?

PS 5 version.

I changed difficulty directly after the bossfight, during the cutscene i guess. 

So when i got back in control for the run, i ran then saved because i recalled it was advised.

I checked the save was on max diff and then proceed to the pods 

Edited by jungkoosaeys

21 minutes ago, jungkoosaeys said:

PS 5 version.

I changed difficulty directly after the bossfight, during the cutscene i guess. 

So when i got back in control for the run, i ran then saved because i recalled it was advised.

I checked the save was on max diff and then proceed to the pods 

Apologies, I meant what game version (1.06? 1.07?)

14 minutes ago, an-inFamous1337 said:

I have played the entire game legit on Maximum security difficulty as it is the only trophy I have left and the trophy didn't pop. I even tried to reload the saves again, manually saved at the final segment where I run towards the end and still nothing. Did the new patch screw the trophy or am I missing something?

Well that makes two of us, I've been looking for a solution and I can't find anything currently as I'm guessing not many people have actually attempted it on Maximum difficulty.

I've loved the game but they've made an absolute mess of it since release.

Edit: Yeah I think they've broken the trophy entirely. Just reading now three people on the Callisto forum on Reddit have also not had the trophy pop upon completing it on hard.

Edited by ScintillaWolf

5 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Well that makes two of us, I've been looking for a solution and I can't find anything currently as I'm guessing not many people have actually attempted it on Maximum difficulty.

I've loved the game but they've made an absolute mess of it since release.

The game was awesome, agreed. That said; expected better from the veterans in SDS as they have all been doing this for a very long time now.

I got the :platinum: the day the game came out and was on 1.05 until the final area of the game, which I saved after beating the Final Boss; however, I started the game on Maximum Security which seems to be a critical part.

These are the steps I used (this is on patch 1.06 and it works based on a friend who was on this at the time): 

1. Select Maximum Security via New Game. 
  2. Once you gain control over Jacob in Chapter 2, you can switch the game to Minimum Security (I did this originally before chapter 5 and suffered).
  3. Play the game up until the final boss (area) - you will know it when you see it. 
  4. When running away, save your game, manually, in a new slot while on Minimum Security. 
  5. Switch to Maximum Security and make a NEW manual save. Now from here, return to the XMB, and then reload your game. If you see a new patch downloading (I was on 1.05 - at the time and was starting to download patch 1.06), stop it. If you're on 1.06, then this method should should still work. 
  6. Load up the game and select Continue
  7. Continue running until you reach the end and the trophy for beating the game on the hardest difficulty should unlock.