Child of Light gets retail deluxe edition, this edition is exclusive to PS3, PS4, and PC

Lady Lilith

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/child_of_light/news/child_of_light_headed_to_retail_with_pc_and_playstation_exclusive_deluxe_edition.html

child_of_light.jpg

Downloadable RPG Child of Light is also headed to retail via a PlayStation and PC exclusive Deluxe Edition, Ubisoft has announced.

The Deluxe Edition contains a digital copy of the game plus a poster designed by Japanese artist Yoshitaka Amano, a 24 page art book, an Igniculus key ring and a range of digital content, including a bonus quest, a new character and a pack of collectibles.

The retail pack will only be available in the UK and other EMEA territories and is exclusive to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC. A price has yet to be announced.

The PS3 and PS4 versions will also benefit from Cross-Buy support, meaning players will be able to play the game across both platforms at no additional cost.

In addition to the Deluxe Edition, Child of Light will be available to purchase digitally from April 30 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PC and Wii U for £11.99.

:yay: Definitely a retail purchase for me then.

• Like 2

You'll have to import it, right? 

Any reason there isn't going to be a physical release for the disc? 

Parker

I'll be honest, I just skimmed over the article, but I wasn't expecting them to pull a Capcom on us like with Ducktales.  Although importing from the UK is better than importing from Japan...I'll probably take a "retail" version with extras over a pure digital version if the price isn't too high.

I have been keeping my eye on this game... It would be cool if i could get my hands on the collectors edition. 

I gotta be honest, between Oddworld: New n Tasty, Don't Starve, and Child of Light, I have been more interested in indies on the PS4 than any of the other games that have come out so far.

I have been keeping my eye on this game... It would be cool if i could get my hands on the collectors edition. 

I gotta be honest, between Oddworld: New n Tasty, Don't Starve, and Child of Light, I have been more interested in indies on the PS4 than any of the other games that have come out so far.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4CH18-child-of-light-deluxe-also-playable-on-ps3

There you go Piggie.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've really been looking forward to this game, and more so when I found out Cœur de pirate was scoring the soundtrack. And then Ubisoft goes and pulls this regional crap for the Deluxe Ed. on top of Cross-buy for everyone but North America  :(

Its like they hate NA or something sheesh. I know Europe and Asia usually get the worst Collector's Edition deals so that's good for them, but not even Cross-buy across the board? :/

As much as I want this very badly I'll probably be foregoing purchasing it until its on sale now.

Edited by rsoto1125

Looks like a great game - and a completely disgusting and pathetic attempt by brick-and-mortar retailers to extend thier existence past thier natural life.

These retailers have spent decades treating customers and developers/publishers like crap just because they could, and now that internet infrastructure is at a point that we can tell them to fuck off they pull this kind of horse-shit deathrattle.

Cant wait to play Child of Light, and cant wait for physical game retailers to go bust they way they should have years ago.

Looks like a great game - and a completely disgusting and pathetic attempt by brick-and-mortar retailers to extend thier existence past thier natural life.

These retailers have spent decades treating customers and developers/publishers like crap just because they could, and now that internet infrastructure is at a point that we can tell them to fuck off they pull this kind of horse-shit deathrattle.

Cant wait to play Child of Light, and cant wait for physical game retailers to go bust they way they should have years ago.

I for one don't want to see the retailers go just yet.

The problem with digital-only when it comes to consoles is that we wouldn't then have any competition.  At the moment, PSN and XB Marketplace have to compete with retail.  The high prices we usually see on PSN would be our only option.

Contrast with PC where I could buy games from a number of digital storefronts, which compete on price.  You can sometimes buy direct from the developer, cutting out all the middle men.

If they opened up the consoles so that you could buy games from different storefronts... but I can't see that happening.

• Like 1

I for one don't want to see the retailers go just yet.

The problem with digital-only when it comes to consoles is that we wouldn't then have any competition.  At the moment, PSN and XB Marketplace have to compete with retail.  The high prices we usually see on PSN would be our only option.

Contrast with PC where I could buy games from a number of digital storefronts, which compete on price.  You can sometimes buy direct from the developer, cutting out all the middle men.

If they opened up the consoles so that you could buy games from different storefronts... but I can't see that happening.

Yeah, cause Steam really has outrageous prices, right?

Steam has competition when it comes to online distribution though.

Well, thats true. Isnt amazon selling PSN stuff through its online store now too tho? I thought i saw that was happening, but might not have started yet - vould be the beginning of online competition within the console digital store marketplaces also?

Well, thats true. Isnt amazon selling PSN stuff through its online store now too tho? I thought i saw that was happening, but might not have started yet - vould be the beginning of online competition within the console digital store marketplaces also?

Amazon has been selling PSN cards for a long time.  They stopped for whatever reason some time around the PSN hack, and recently started selling them again in 2013 or late 2012.  I forget.  I just know that you can buy the actual codes for games/cash.  Makes things so easy.  I'm pretty sure I've seen game codes around for as long also.

Edited by Lilith

Amazon has been selling PSN cards for a long time.  They stopped for whatever reason some time around the PSN hack, and recently started selling them again in 2013 or late 2012.  I forget.  I just know that you can buy the actual codes for games/cash.  Makes things so easy.  I'm pretty sure I've seen game codes around for as long also.

I've never noticed the codes for digital downloads to be any cheaper from retailers (online or not) than from the PSN/XBL stores themselves though.  Maybe I just haven't caught any sales...