Are Tournament Events Regional?

I've been having troubles joining the three events this week, all three of the events have changed times to next week & I could not qualify. 

Does anyone care to explain a few things?

1. When are we allowed to join the event? Does it have to be before the time or after? 

2. How do we know if the event on our system is truly based on our local time? E.G (GMT) it's showing me the next date is 12/10/22 06:00, this could be EST for all I know.

3. Is this regional or worldwide? I'm sure it's worldwide but the inconsistency with the changes burdens my ventures. 

NVM I realised I have to actually join at the exact time it asks for so if I'm AFK, I've missed the event. 

Edited by Xionzenn

1. You are allowed to join the event 20 minutes before the start time. You must reside inside 10 - 15 minutes in advance because it can easily kick you out or migrate you to a different server.

2. All events are set to your current time. Even if you were to tackle the Japanese stack, it would also be reverted to your current time zone.

3. It’s worldwide, but as far as I know it’s only a weekend affair.

Tournaments can be very obnoxious as not everyone is available to join at those exact times. They offer a couple of these throughout the weekend, so it should give you some wiggle room. But depending on where you live or what time you work, it can be incredibly inconvenient.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/12/2022 at 0:41 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

1. You are allowed to join the event 20 minutes before the start time. You must reside inside 10 - 15 minutes in advance because it can easily kick you out or migrate you to a different server.

2. All events are set to your current time. Even if you were to tackle the Japanese stack, it would also be reverted to your current time zone.

3. It’s worldwide, but as far as I know it’s only a weekend affair.

Tournaments can be very obnoxious as not everyone is available to join at those exact times. They offer a couple of these throughout the weekend, so it should give you some wiggle room. But depending on where you live or what time you work, it can be incredibly inconvenient.

Tried the 3 different ones from today, none went through for me. I assume the room has to fill out with 16 people or you are out of luck right? Also its probably regional lobbies, tested adding an alt account in another console at the same time and was able to join the same room. It was just 4 people though so it didn't make a difference, got the error at the end

13 hours ago, MichMasteR said:

Tried the 3 different ones from today, none went through for me. I assume the room has to fill out with 16 people or you are out of luck right? Also its probably regional lobbies, tested adding an alt account in another console at the same time and was able to join the same room. It was just 4 people though so it didn't make a difference, got the error at the end

It might just be your account, then. I played with European players when VF first dropped. Given that it worked on an alt, it could just be account related.

I can try it myself next week and see if I don't experience the same issues.

• Like 1

Dunno if its cause its not as active anymore but i don't think that should be an issue.... considering people are still unlocking it.

I just find it weird I get to host a lobby and only just 1 or 2 people join

I'll keep trying but out of the 3 yesterday, had the same result for all

Just tried to join the one at 3pm rn. Got into a room with 3 and after the timer hit, I joined a full lobby only to get kicked and now I’m alone. Im gonna test it later and see if changing my waiting status to active will result in different results. It could just be that the lobbies need to be full, but I saw everyone simultaneously leave the new one, so who knows what the issue can be.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Just tried to join the one at 3pm rn. Got into a room with 3 and after the timer hit, I joined a full lobby only to get kicked and now I’m alone. Im gonna test it later and see if changing my waiting status to active will result in different results. It could just be that the lobbies need to be full, but I saw everyone simultaneously leave the new one, so who knows what the issue can be.

Thats exactly what just happened to me right now... I did even plug the console to LAN just in case my connection was the issue...

Got the "finalizing matchmaking" menu, got into a room alone and a countdown of 1 minute after it was supposed to start and then it finally kicked me out

On the 20 minutes of wait I see people join but they instantly disconnect, the most people I've ever seen stay in a lobby max is 3... so not sure if it needs to fill it out.

Also thanks a lot for actually trying!

Edited by MichMasteR

17 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Looking at the original VOD from 2021, I noticed that I did exit the “Wait” status. Hopefully, that is all there is to it.

Imma be trying again at midnight and see what’s up.

To be honest I didn't even go into wait status, I left it as it was with the constant countdown to start a fight. I will try the steps from your video and see if that helps at all

I opened all my PS5 ports just in case the problem is my connection but I don't think it should be since I can play any online game with no issues. So if the one from later doesn't work I am out of ideas

Edited by MichMasteR

22 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

To be honest I didn't even go into wait status, I left it as it was with the constant countdown to start a fight. I will try the steps from your video and see if that helps at all

I opened all my PS5 ports just in case the problem is my connection but I don't think it should be since I can play any online game with no issues. So if the one from later doesn't work I am out of ideas

No idea, but as I stated in another thread it may just be a scheduling issue. There’s many factors to consider before I deem the trophy glitched

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was just buggy. Online games are usually at risk the longer they stay active.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666