Lego Batman 3 Cannot Access DLCs

MaggiePuppy

Hi all, 

As the title says, I cannot access any of the DLCs at all. I have a disc version of the game (which I 100% completed a couple days ago) and purchased the season pass digitally. I then installed each DLC individually and booted up the game, only to realise that when I loaded into the watchtower, none of the DLC levels have appeared on the map and none of the DLC characters have appeared on my character roster. 

I’ve tried everything I can think of, I’ve deleted and reinstalled both the game and the DLC packs, I’ve restored my game licences, I’ve restarted my console and still no DLC :(. I read somewhere that u should download the DLC in game from the additional content section on the main menu, but every time I try to do that an error pops up saying “content not found” and have no idea why that is happening. 

I downloaded the digital version of the game available on ps premium right now and can access this menu (and therefore hopefully the DLCs) just fine. But I can’t seem to transfer my 100% save file over to the digital version.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I rly don’t wanna replay the game again on the digital version just to access DLC. Any help would be appreciated 

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this in, I’m rarely on these forums so am unsure of where to put this)

(Also apologies for this post being so long but I’ve tried to give as much detail as possible)

Are the disc base game and the DLC from the same region? If they aren’t then you’d need a copy of the base game from the same region as the DLC. As an example, a while back I bought the DLC for Killzone 2 on the NZ store but the maps wouldn’t show up as it turned out I had the North American version of the base game on disc (despite buying the game in NZ). I had to go get another copy of Killzone 2 that was compatible with the DLC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Are the disc base game and the DLC from the same region? If they aren’t then you’d need a copy of the base game from the same region as the DLC. As an example, a while back I bought the DLC for Killzone 2 on the NZ store but the maps wouldn’t show up as it turned out I had the North American version of the base game on disc (despite buying the game in NZ). I had to go get another copy of Killzone 2 that was compatible with the DLC.

Hmm.. I’ll check this out later when I get on my ps5, but I think that’s a bit stupid if this is what’s causing the problem. It didn’t specify anywhere that the DLC is region locked to specific regions. Did u have to restart killzone 2 after buying another copy or could u transfer your save?

6 hours ago, MaggiePuppy said:

Hmm.. I’ll check this out later when I get on my ps5, but I think that’s a bit stupid if this is what’s causing the problem. It didn’t specify anywhere that the DLC is region locked to specific regions. Did u have to restart killzone 2 after buying another copy or could u transfer your save?

Yeah region locking for DLC can be annoying as it can catch you out if you aren’t aware of it but that’s the way it has always been. All I had to do with KZ2 was put the disc in and continue playing. I think for most games it doesn’t matter what region the base game is from, the save file will be compatible but there are some games where this isn’t the case and it’s the same between physical and digital versions. Sometimes the save file is compatible but other times it’s not.

On 05/12/2022 at 4:53 PM, FilmFanatic said:

Yeah region locking for DLC can be annoying as it can catch you out if you aren’t aware of it but that’s the way it has always been. All I had to do with KZ2 was put the disc in and continue playing. I think for most games it doesn’t matter what region the base game is from, the save file will be compatible but there are some games where this isn’t the case and it’s the same between physical and digital versions. Sometimes the save file is compatible but other times it’s not.

I’ve just checked and it says region 2 on the back cover of the game. This is correct (I think) as I’m from UK and I downloaded DLC from the UK store, so I don’t think the region is the problem here, but thanks for the suggestion.

Interesting that your save from killzone 2 just carried over to the other version. This is not the case for Lego Batman 3. This might be because game progress is saved on their servers tho, so it recognises that the same account is logging into killzone 2. 

Edited by MaggiePuppy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2023 at 6:28 PM, tattythomas said:

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having this exact issue and it's very frustrating.

Unfortunately the only thing I could do was download the digital version and play the game over again. I just rushed through the story and unlocked only the characters and areas I needed to so I could get all dlc trophies.

I don’t know what causes this or if it can ever be fixed, I tried everything I could think of, and starting over on the digital version was the only option. If u manage to find a solution without starting over plz share it, as it may help others in a similar situation.

(Apologies it took a while for me to respond, haven’t been checking the forums lately)

• 1 month later...
On 17/01/2023 at 2:13 AM, MaggiePuppy said:

Unfortunately the only thing I could do was download the digital version and play the game over again. I just rushed through the story and unlocked only the characters and areas I needed to so I could get all dlc trophies.

I don’t know what causes this or if it can ever be fixed, I tried everything I could think of, and starting over on the digital version was the only option. If u manage to find a solution without starting over plz share it, as it may help others in a similar situation.

(Apologies it took a while for me to respond, haven’t been checking the forums lately)

Thanks for the reply!

I did manage to find a solution without having to go digital. Restoring the licences on my console fixed the issue for me. It wasn't a solution I saw mentioned frequently so hopefully this helps somebody.

Link below of licence restoration for anybody unsure.

2 hours ago, tattythomas said:

Thanks for the reply!

I did manage to find a solution without having to go digital. Restoring the licences on my console fixed the issue for me. It wasn't a solution I saw mentioned frequently so hopefully this helps somebody.

Link below of licence restoration for anybody unsure.

Glad to know restoring licences worked for you! I tried doing that a few times and it didn’t work for me. I am on a ps5 which may be a reason why but I’m not sure

On 23/02/2023 at 0:15 AM, MaggiePuppy said:

Glad to know restoring licences worked for you! I tried doing that a few times and it didn’t work for me. I am on a ps5 which may be a reason why but I’m not sure

Could it be that restoring licenses only works on the original console/platform of the game?

Example: my game was a ps4 version and I bought ps4 dlc. I restored the licenses on my ps4 console, as it was the original game format and the console I'd previously installed the game on.

I think I read somewhere that regularly (although that's a subjective word) switching 'primary' consoles can be what causes the licenses to get scrambled in the first place.

I've not tested that theory, and I don't really know enough about it to know if it's a logical suggestion. I may try installing the game on my ps5 and seeing what happens ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2023 at 0:51 AM, tattythomas said:

Could it be that restoring licenses only works on the original console/platform of the game?

Example: my game was a ps4 version and I bought ps4 dlc. I restored the licenses on my ps4 console, as it was the original game format and the console I'd previously installed the game on.

I think I read somewhere that regularly (although that's a subjective word) switching 'primary' consoles can be what causes the licenses to get scrambled in the first place.

I've not tested that theory, and I don't really know enough about it to know if it's a logical suggestion. I may try installing the game on my ps5 and seeing what happens 1f914.png

Yeah that’s a pretty viable theory as I bought the DLCs on ps5 but the original copy of the game is ps4, and I have changed my primarys over since then.

It could also be that just buying the DLCs on the ps5 instead of ps4 caused the issue but that’s a bit dumb is that’s the case since I’m still buying the dlc for the version of the game that’s it’s intended for.

Edited by MaggiePuppy