Worth The Money?

Tragedy15

I didn't play it, but if you are looking for stealth game get Dishonored. There should be complete edition with all 3 DLC. 

Splinter Cell:Blacklist is also  great and probably most underrated game from last year,

Both are cool, they should be cheaper now and they will definetly give you something to do till Thief price drops.

• Like 1

my friend got this game and we played it couple of hours.

due to i'm not the biggest fan of stealth games i have to say i did not enjoy it as much as i expected it from seeing those trailers.

its a good game - without a doubt.

but the graphics do not really look like "next-gen" and the story isnt that attractive, as much as the movement of the character is.

if i was you, i'd wait until its cheaper and then go get it.

Edited by Alexi-Sama

My opinion, the game is average. It's got some pros, but it also has some big cons. The stealth aspect is definitely the best part of the game. It works as intended and the arrows are a cool feature. It's also good that you can go the whole game with no kills or you can Rambo through the game with explosive arrows. The story is...confusing to say the least. It makes some sense but it's not an intelligent plot in the first place. The city certainly feels like it's an oppressed place so the atmosphere is nice. One GIANT drawback is the map. It's horrendous. The worst map I've ever seen implemented. That's about all I have to say about Thief.

• 3 weeks later...

don't get it if your looking for a fast past game this game is really slow paced and boring to me but i guess thats probably just me.

h0BA33507.gif

demonoid321.png

I'm anticipating that, especially when there's a trophy for doing a 15hour+ play through. Might be leaving the console on overnight to get that one, depending on how things go. ;)

I'm anticipating that, especially when there's a trophy for doing a 15hour+ play through. Might be leaving the console on overnight to get that one, depending on how things go. ;)

You'll easily cross the 15 hour mark just doing the missions, collectibles and secret areas. On my first playthrough when I finished chapter 8 I was at about 20 hours or so and that was doing the main story missions, all side missions, all collectibles and a little bit of random exploring.

Personally I really enjoy the game but stealth games are probably tied with RPGs as my favorite genre.

However, having said the above, Dishonored was definitely a more interesting and more enjoyable game.

You'll easily cross the 15 hour mark just doing the missions, collectibles and secret areas. On my first playthrough when I finished chapter 8 I was at about 20 hours or so and that was doing the main story missions, all side missions, all collectibles and a little bit of random exploring.

Personally I really enjoy the game but stealth games are probably tied with RPGs as my favorite genre.

However, having said the above, Dishonored was definitely a more interesting and more enjoyable game.

exactly this. Just do everything on 1 playthrough of easy, and then just rush thru the main missions on 700 points, expert, no focus.

Haha, this game came and went... i remember before it released everyone was pretty excited about it, but now people simply won't talk about it. What happened? I don't even know if it sucks or not, it's like it never even existed.

Haha, this game came and went... i remember before it released everyone was pretty excited about it, but now people simply won't talk about it. What happened? I don't even know if it sucks or not, it's like it never even existed.

Oh the hype machine ^_^. Hello Aliens Colonial Marines hows it going :wave:

Seriously though this game will probably be one of Gamestops summer sale games where you can buy it for 10 and by January it will be free on +

Oh the hype machine ^_^. Hello Aliens Colonial Marines hows it going :wave:

Seriously though this game will probably be one of Gamestops summer sale games where you can buy it for 10 and by January it will be free on +

Aye aye! I'm just waiting for it, a close friend of mine told me she bought it and guess what? She never mentioned ever again. Not even once, never told me if it was that terrible or if it was decent. Again, it's like the game never existed. Just so weird...  :huh:

Aye aye! I'm just waiting for it, a close friend of mine told me she bought it and guess what? She never mentioned ever again. Not even once, never told me if it was that terrible or if it was decent. Again, it's like the game never existed. Just so weird...  :huh:

So it came, did some stuff and disappeared without anyone noticing...kind of like a Thief ^_^

• 2 months later...

$60?

Just checked and £60 is £35 in pounds which is what I preordered the game for in February.

It's worth that price, it's good because it's fun stealth but you probably won't care about the story like me and a lot of people. It is in no way a bad game, a lot of people are saying this and I don't know why, it's a good game but just not if you weren't expecting a slow stealth thieving experience.

Edited by SoIidWoIf

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to finish this game on platinum, this game is so bad that I even didn't played ps4 for a week, honestly its bit below an average, and I have played about 200 games total on my old ps3 profile and in my list this game ranks top 5 worst games, game play kinda usual as a stealth game  graphics is bad for next gen and average for ps3, storyline and voice actors probably costed 100$ for Eidos.... im disappointed. worst Thief part at the minute. 

So in your case i would spend that money with girlfriend like one guy mentioned, or buy different game and forget about this one.

Many Thanks,

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...