Uncharted is getting a reboot

ziggypossum

I would also prefer a new protagonist. Nathan is one of my all time favorites, but he had his arc, better let him have his retirement, at least for a decade or something.

But most of all I want balls-to-the-wall blockbuster action like the OG trilogy. That's what this franchise should be, in my opinion. Uncharted 4 was a great game, but it needed a lot more stuff blowing up.

• Like 3

Love the games, would love a new entry.  Lukewarm to the idea of a reboot with a new dev team.  Uncharted without ND's writing and level of polish is just gonna feel probably like the Tomb Raider reboot series... which was just somewhere between fine and good.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

I was wondering if they would make a new game focusing on Sam this time around, mixing some new characters along with old ones (Sully, heck maybe even Charlie from the 3rd game) to give a diferent dynamic while Drake stays retired.

A reboot would fine too, but I have to see it first before I can jump to any conclusions.

Why not Uncharted 5/Uncharted: New Adventure/Uncharted: Let's Chart This Shit or whatever with Nate and Elena's daughter as MC if they don't want to continue Nate's adventures (understandable), they would get the strong womyn they so desperately want and fans would be happy. They can even include Nate as the new Sully if they're afraid it won't sell. Really hope it's not true, I'm sick of all the unnecessary reboots.
I swear, Sony is going full retard these days.

• Like 3

Guess I'm never getting a game starring Sully, goddamn it. ?

If it has decent multiplayer, maybe I'll check it out (assuming my ISP out here in the boonies allows it). Otherwise, I'm rather bored with the series formula at this point, and it would definitely take a major overhaul to catch my interest.

• Like 1

Playstation would be silly not to continue the Uncharted series as big of an IP it is. Just had the movie recently and making another game with a possible new movie/show would help foster a bigger audience for the franchise. Let's see...

• Like 1

Funny, I actually did all the MP for the PS3 games and never went back to do the SP stuff. I should probably pick it back up. 

I digress. For Uncharted fans, I would be relieved instead of apprehensive if I were you. Naughty Dog, in all their infinite wisdom, got rid of arguably one of gamings greatest writers, Amy Henning, long ago. I can only imagine what an Uncharted game would look like without her talent.

1 hour ago, ziggypossum said:

Leak claims Uncharted isn’t getting a fifth installment but a full reboot

Uncharted is one of the most dominant exclusive titles for Sony, as it sits right along with The Last of Us, Horizon, and God of War.

But we haven’t heard anything new about Nathan Drake’s adventures since Naughty Dog announced they wouldn’t carry on with the series.

“Sony [has] decided to reboot the series”

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End proved there’s still a lot of value in the franchise, as it sold more than 16 million copies.

And it was further cemented this year when the Uncharted movie was a box office smash hit, bringing in $400m even if the reviews were harsh.

With that in mind, there’s no wonder we’re beginning to hear about a new Uncharted title. According to two independent sources, Sony decided to reboot the series earlier this year before handing it to an unknown developer. However, Naughty Dog is expected to initially assist the new team.

While we can only speculate, the series could take two different routes. Either rebooting with a young Nathan Drake set to explore new adventures. Or with a new character but with a cameo from Drake.

It is not likely that the new game will be teased anytime soon, as the development is still in its infancy. However, a Logo reveal at The Game Awards 2022 will be a pleasant surprise. Nonetheless, it’s exciting that we’re on the road to getting a new, big-set-piece adventure.

We’ve reached out to Sony for official comment and will let you know if we hear anything.

https://theleak.co/2022/12/07/uncharted-is-getting-a-reboot/

Would be nice to see a multiplayer based uncharted game with a nice trophy list. But I can just dream.

• Like 2

I'm actually okay with this, depending on the approach they decide to take. I thought Uncharted 4 wrapped up Nate's story perfectly and that it was the perfect ending to Uncharted as a whole. I thought at the time that I didn't need any more Uncharted, and that Uncharted without Nate simply wouldn't work. Then along came Lost Legacy which proved me so wrong. I loved Lost Legacy, almost as much as Uncharted 4 in fact. It showed me that there is plenty of life left in the series, with or without Nate. So yeah, I'm totally down for more Uncharted and will be keeping an eye on this story for sure. 

16 minutes ago, Helyx said:

For all the fans who were clamoring for more Resistance and Killzone, we hear you and proudly announce a new fucking Uncharted game.

A Resistance remaster would be nice for sure! 

1 minute ago, The Alchemist said:

I'm actually okay with this, depending on the approach they decide to take. I thought Uncharted 4 wrapped up Nate's story perfectly and that it was the perfect ending to Uncharted as a whole. I thought at the time that I didn't need any more Uncharted, and that Uncharted without Nate simply wouldn't work. Then along came Lost Legacy which proved me so wrong. I loved Lost Legacy, almost as much as Uncharted 4 in fact. It showed me that there is plenty of life left in the series, with or without Nate. So yeah, I'm totally down for more Uncharted and will be keeping an eye on this story for sure. 

I feel like Lost Legacy was great honestly, so I agree. Chloe & Nadine turned out to be a great team and have good chemistry. It works regardless, and I'd love to see more of them together one day.