Uncharted is getting a reboot

ziggypossum

This was always going to happen sooner or later, and Lost Legacy proved that Nate isn't necessary to make a great Uncharted game. I would love to see a full length title with Chloe at the helm again, but there are so many other characters who could make for a great protagonist/team as well. Very interested to see what this new team comes up with!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Funny, I actually did all the MP for the PS3 games and never went back to do the SP stuff. I should probably pick it back up. 

You should really do that. 100% is impossible now due to server closure so earning the remaining SP stuff would make you one of the few able to 100% it in 2022.

bikeman223.png

Continuing Chloe's adventures could still constitute a (soft) reboot in a similar vein as Kratos going to Norse territory with overhauled gameplay/mechanics. That would be my overwhelming preference as Nate and Elena's story wrapped up perfectly, and Chloe proved to me that she has what it takes to carry the torch. It would be wrong to not at least try to see where Chloe, Nadine, Sam, Cutter, and Sully can take the franchise.

We already have a Nathan Drake reboot...it's called the movie franchise that's telling his story in its own way regardless of how we may feel about its quality (I haven't gotten around to seeing it yet). And I've never been a fan of the idea of having their daughter as the lead. The "child is literally their parents" trope is super lazy, and we see it way too much across all mediums. Let her live in peace, it's what the U4 ending wanted.

A Sully prequel is still the dream. If it's not Chloe, then please let it be that.

• Like 1

Please Naughty Dog, don't tell a Young-Nate story! Make Sam lead and Sully sidekick to keep the familiar face. Or even create a Sam/Sully and Chloe/Nadine combo to have potential for further spin-offs. And maybe, Nate can have a cameo (maybe saving Sam, this time for real) but this reboot needs to be about someone else than Nate, Elena and Cassie. U4 and its ending was too perfect to ruin it now with a reboot. Please!

Killzone, Resistance and many more but no let's reboot this franchise. Man I get so annoyed with this type of stuff especially when awesome franchises are literally just rotting away it and not being used wise up Sony. Soon you will lose all Activision games, and you have no FPS shooter that's doing well because you killed them.

I love this! Considering it's on early development since this year, it won't be until probably 2026-2027 till we see the game, making it 10 years between U4 and the reboot.

I trust ND although I'm not sure other team will be able to handle the torch of the series, hope I'm wrong and it turns out great.

First series in a while that actually "ends" and isn't getting endless sequels. Games & movies should be more like this.

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

For all the fans who were clamoring for more Resistance and Killzone, we hear you and proudly announce a new fucking Uncharted game.

Last entries in both franchises sold abysmally. They won't be coming back any time soon 

3 hours ago, BrilloHD said:

(I haven't gotten around to seeing it yet)

You are not missing much, it was utterly boring and we only watched about 30 mins and then switched it off, movies made from Video Games are always crap.  The Assassins Creed one was garbage too.

I disagree with rebooting the series, it's like Sony has run out of ideas for games,  thus the rehash of older games that were masterpiece franchises in their own right and don't need rebooting.  

Edited by alexandra-jane09
  • Like 1

Just another IP milked to death, or in case of Naughty Dog's, just another "way to make games" ruined by milking it to death.

What I mean is that I loved both Uncharted and TLOU series - they were amazing, the stories, the polish, the technical aspects. When U4 turned into TLOU at some points, I was close to having enough. Don't get me wrong, I literally played through the U4 epilogue numerous times just to see it, I really, really liked it. 

But at this point, with TLOU remake, Uncharted reboot, it's just Naughty Dog's games, even if they're not gonna be the ones making them anymore. Same approach, same everything. You can literally see its a ND game, just by playing it. I don't care how good it ends up being objectively. 

It's gonna be good, it's gonna be polished, it'll probably look amazing and I think I want to care about it but just don't. I want something new, not just a new story wrapped in the same clothes, down to the button prompt icons and collectible types. 

Edited by the1andonly654

5 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

Uncharted needs a racing game spinoff, not a reboot. Ive been waiting for that game since ps3 and it needs to happen as you cant have a naughty dog franchise longer then 3 games without a racing game spinoff.

Yes please! Nate Team Racing... or maybe Crushing Team Racing xDxDxD

Edited by Lance_87

I LOOOOOOVE Uncharted!  And I'm currently working on The Lost Legacy now.  Just finished the story earlier today on crushing.  As someone else has already said, it was already hinted at in TLL that Chloe and Nadine would team up.  I'm lovin' TLL as much as all the other Uncharteds and would welcome more Chloe and Nadine.  I do have to say though....the term 'reboot' makes me a little nervous.  Maybe it's because we were just recently greeted with the cringey "woke" reboot of Saints Row.  If Sony goes that way with Uncharted, Sony can go F themselves.  We can all just wait and see at this point. 

EDIT: Also makes me a little nervous knowing that someone, anyone else other than Naughty Dog will be heading this.  Although Golden Abyss was amazing on the Vita so if Bend heads it up and stays as true to form with this as they were with Golden Abyss then that would be fine.  Again, just gotta wait and see. 

Edited by Spider-Man916
  • Like 1