Uncharted is getting a reboot

ziggypossum

Forced agenda/politics and no new IPs, only sequels/reboots/remasters, negatively affected Naughty Dog’s PR last console generation and will be the case for this current generation too…

…But the games they develop will sell millions anyway because 70% of gamers are either too complacent or just total dipshits.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Ugh...I can't believe people are okay with this. Uncharted without Nate and without it being Naughty Dog just spells...completely-different-game-trying-to-capture-magic-of-originals-but-should-have-been-named-something-different. When does this ever really work? 

I adore the Uncharted series, but absolutely never wanted them to go anywhere near this route. Either I wanted a proper Uncharted 5, or for Naughty Dog (and Sony) to move on to another IP. Rebooting it under someone else and calling it Uncharted doesn't make it Uncharted. Different people are going to have a different vision, therefore it's going to be a different game. Sony makes great first party titles...it's okay to let an IP go and have something new. This only furthers the bigger issue of the industry today not trying anything new and just rehashing everything. 

I see your point and agree with you, but Bend did do a helluva job with Golden Abyss back in the day.  What makes me nervous is the rumor of a so-called 'reboot'.  Reboot what?  The games and the stories are perfect.  The characters are fantastic as they are.  As I said in a previous post of mine in this thread, I would love more Chloe and Nadine with maybe a little Sam thrown in a la The Lost Legacy.  I would love that!  But....that isn't a reboot by definition.  If these rumors are true then it sounds as if Sony is redoing i.e. completely overhauling the Uncharted series completely.  As others have mentioned here, what could we expect?  A new Uncharted reboot with Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg.  And with what?  Some BS "woke" bent to it to boot.  My worst nightmare would be a complete reboot just like that with Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg but with....what?  What could we expect nowadays?  Pronouns?  Hey look.  I'm digressing a bit here.  Clearly we all just have to wait and see.  Hope for the best, I suppose.  If Sony does do a full-from-the-ground-up reboot, I will probably be passing.  Just as I passed on the less-than-stellar, woke Saints Row reboot.  We'll see. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind a complete sequel series with Nate's daughter grown up maybe late teens early 20s off doing the drake family proud maybe run into Chloe and Nadine in a far flung city have them run into each other afew times cause there after the same treasure go full team up then have the ending be like a full reunion type BBQ with the drake family, Chloe, Nadine , sully, Charlie ect just like all the good guys Abit older all proud of the baby drake getting her first lost city adventure in the bag lol

• Like 1

Yea we've seen enough Nate, Lost Legacy was great, spin offs could definetly work. Uncharted for me is a series I can still get excited for new games and sequels where other Sony franchises I just really am not excited for sequels, even though I enjoyed the first games. I don't quite understand why this is though ?

I love Uncharted and don’t think it really needs a reboot. Anyway hopefully this unnamed studio doesn’t fuck it up.

On 08/12/2022 at 4:21 AM, Helyx said:

For all the fans who were clamoring for more Resistance and Killzone, we hear you and proudly announce a new fucking Uncharted game.

Sony is just all “fuck what you want. You’ll have what we say and you’ll like it!’

• Like 1

Hmmm… seems an odd one… but why not, I guess? :dunno:

I mean, worst case - it’s poop, and gets swiftly forgotten, and relegated to the “oh, remember the reboot? No? Me either…” bucket.

Best case, it’s a good one, and now there’s two great Uncharted series to play!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

Just why? Can't they put their resources into something new?

because they balls'd up. Nathan Drake should have been an Indiana Jones / James Bond character that never ages and they just keep releasing new games with new adventures. Naughty Dog didn't want to do anymore so they finalised the character but Sony obviously wasn't having that and the only way now is to reboot or have a new protagonist and well, the reboot is the safer option.

Edited by Silocia

Uncharted 1 was ALWAYS the game ND should've been focused on remaking, TLOU1 was perfectly fine the way it was and the remake did little to nothing for it in reality, U1 is FAR inferior to every subsequent game that they released and will benefit unbelievably from this remake

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Christ, just make an Uncharted game set before or right after the first game or something of the sort. Reboots are understandable when a franchise is old as fuck, but it has only been 6 years since Uncharted 4 released. Why squander a decade of building up a franchise just to start it over again?

Because the first one ended. 

Personally, I have way more respect for a company that gives a franchise a respectful ending rather than milking said franchise even though it was clearly meant to be finite *cough* Assassin's Creed *cough*  It's why I hope the new Witcher game focuses on an entirely different cast of characters. Geralt's story had the perfect ending and so did Nate's. I think devs should let endings remain endings and move on.

• Like 1

Ugg. There like 5 games in that series a few spin offs. Not to mention the IP it hasn't been gone long. Last one was 2017

6 year ago. That 1dev cycle. It doesn't need a reboot.

Sony has other ip that need love. Sly, killzone,  infamous. heck what a old school ip Toba perfect for reuseing in anyway you want as it old

On 08/12/2022 at 4:21 AM, Helyx said:

For all the fans who were clamoring for more Resistance and Killzone, we hear you and proudly announce a new fucking Uncharted game.

Yes, from a different dev studios batch of IPs ?

Aren’t Bethesda making a big budget Indiana Jones game though? You’ve got to think that’ll at least be Day 1 on Gamepass and see a big marketing push from Xbox, if not the start a major XBOX exclusive franchise.  Sony probably just want to counter that and confirm their place on top in the story-driven adventure space.

I’m fine with them rebooting it, I don’t have any interest in Naughty Dog games so never played the old Uncharted games,  if the reboot is less linear and scripted/QTE-y I’ll probably pick it up. Would love something just straight up ripping Indiana Jones, set in the past (Nate’s Grandfather?), raiding Egyptian pyramids in the 1920s-1950s, that sort of thing…