Bingo Bonanza 2023[ENDED]

Two more entries coming in on the Bingo Board and on the same row. Danganronpa 1 2 Reload and Toem. 

I considered putting Danganronpa on "Thet You Meant to Play Last Year" since I started it in the end of September last year and really loved it and intend to play all the way through, but other really great games came in the way - Elden Ring, God of War, GoW Ragnarok, FF7 Remake. Not that they were released then except Ragnarok, but that was when I came around to playing them (in the end of 2022). 

But I instead ended up putting it on "With Mystery or Detective Themes" since this is literally what Danganronpa 1 and 2 is. Mystery and detective. So I found that more fitting. 

Toem I considered putting on "With Gorgeous Vistas" since that is in line with what the goal of the game actually is - also with taking pictures everywhere. However I didn't really find them gorgeous myself mostly because the graphics are more sweet than gorgeous. So instead I put it in "Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes" since it has that them attached here on PSNP. The Fantasy theme of course.

XnUEX0h.png

Summary:

Spoiler

B1 - Non-Human Sidekick:
B2 - Featuring a Romance or Romance Options:
B3 - Releasing Your Inner Weeb:
B4 - Favorite Genre (?):

B5 - You Think You Will Dislike:

I1 - Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes: Toem. Has fantasy theme.
I2 - Based on a Non-Gaming IP:
I3 - With Player Operated Vehicles:
I4 - Cult Favorite:

I5 - Racing or Sports:

N1 - With Gorgeous Vistas:
N2 - That "Everyone" But You Has Played:
N3 - Player's Choice:
N4 - Released in Your Birth Month (April):
 Yooka-Laylee. Was released April 11, 2017.

N5 - That You Meant to Play Last Year:

G1 - Starts With the First Letter in Your PSNID (M): Minecraft. Does indeed start with M.
G2 - Recommended by a PSNP Member:
G3 - Strategy, Simulation, or Management:
G4 - Underplayed (Owned by < 1000 Players):

G5 - Has Snacks:

O1 - With Mystery or Detective Themes: Danganronpa 1 • 2 Reload. Literally the game.
O2 - Has No Humans: Yoku's Island Express. Has only animals.
O3 - Developed in a Foreign Country:
O4 - Play as an Antihero or Bad Guy:

O5 - Crafting Mechanics: Tearaway Unfolded. The drawing mat.

• Like 2

Does LEGO Bricktales count as 'adventure?' I mean, you do go on an adventure but there is combat and most of the gameplay is building stuff. There is exploration to get all of the collectables, but...

Also glad to see you pick up and plat the original Dark Cloud, AgentPenguin. I agree that it was far inferior to Dark Cloud 2, with its annoying thirst mechanic. I'm going to assume you didn't know about the Broken Dagger glitch, that's how I did the weapon synthing as doing it legit would have taken a lot longer due to having to min-max a lot. Wise Owl Forest and Moon Sea are still my favorite jams. ^_^

Edited by Taruta13

7 minutes ago, BlazzingWind said:

Hiya, a month late, but would like to join!

Going to have to think about what I have in my backlog where you play as the 'bad-guy' and that I can beat in 'one sitting'. Will take a look and see what I come up with, but this looks really fun to do.

Yeah, the anti-hero/bad guy one was trickier than I thought. Then I realised I was being dumb – I'd been playing Plague Inc recently and that definitely fits the bill. You're literally trying to kill humanity with viruses haha. 

I had a quick look at your PSN Profile and thought one of the Sly Cooper games would fit. He's a thief. Feel like that's solidly anti-hero haha. 

Edit: You also have Stray in there, which even has a trophy for doing a playthrough in less than 2 hours (aka one sitting). 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 2

Could I ask a clarifying question?

On my bingo board I have 'game with online' and 'coop game'. Might be a stupid question; but for the game with online that can be any game with online like Sackboy, Dark Souls, etc. But the coop game is exclusive to games that require co-op to complete, as in, A Way Out, It Takes Two, Operation Tango?

14 minutes ago, BlazzingWind said:

Could I ask a clarifying question?

On my bingo board I have 'game with online' and 'coop game'. Might be a stupid question; but for the game with online that can be any game with online like Sackboy, Dark Souls, etc. But the coop game is exclusive to games that require co-op to complete, as in, A Way Out, It Takes Two, Operation Tango?

I used The Quarry for co-op, and that game can be done 100% solo - It just also happens to have couch-co-op or online co-op options available (which I used)... so I assume it's just "has co-op features" for that one, rather than "co-op required"

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

b23d.png

B1: Aliens or Robots - LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS4)

B2: Adventure - LEGO Bricktales (PS4)

I1: No Jump Button - Queen's Quest 4: Sacred Truce

I2: With a # or punctuation in the title - Queen's Quest 3: End of Dawn

I3: One-Word Title - Teslagrad (PS4)

N1: With a female protagonist - Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS5)

N4: By an Independent Developer - Knightin+' (PS4)

G1: Isometric - Lara Croft GO

G3: Crafting Mechanics - LEGO The Hobbit

O3: Non-violent - TOEM

So I decided to make a snap calling and put LEGO Bricktales as B2, since the whole story is going on adventures in various worlds to make people happy so you can get happy crystals to restore a theme park. :P

I do have plans to get a mega-update with all three LEGO Marvel games in the card, but unfortunately LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 is NOT cooperating, it crashed TWICE today. ? That wouldn't be bad if the load back was fast, but nope, you have to sit through 20 seconds of black screen, a 2 minute unskippable intro scene, and then a minute of load time. I guess I should be at fault because I decided to download all the DLC level packs for extra trophies, but oops. :(

Hopefully, I'll get a BINGO soon.

• Like 2

Okay, took a while to think of what games to put with what categories. Please take a look and if anything doesn't fit, let me know!

B1: Minigames - AC Brotherhood

B2: Started but Didn't Finish - Tales of Arise

B3: Series New to You - Silent Hill 2 HD

B4: One Word Title - Stay

B5: Cooperative Game - Vikings: Wolves of Midgard

I1: Can Beat in One Sitting - Batman: Telltale

I2: Original 2023 Release - ?

I3: Weather Effects - Horizon Zero Dawn

I4: Banned/Censored - Beyond: Two Souls

I5: Award-Winning - Resident Evil 4 (GotY 2005)

N1: Independent Developer - Chicory: A Colorful Tale

N2: No jump button - Dark Souls II

N3: Player's Choice - ?

N4: Metroidvania/Rogue-Like - Hollow Knight

N5: Last Game Acquired - Nexomon

G1: Female Protag - Kena: Bridge of Spirits

G2: Underplayed - Blue Fire

G3: Arcade, Rhythm, Puzzle - Kingdom Hearts: Memory of Melody

G4: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Themes - Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

G5: Adventure - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

O1: Standalone DLC - Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry

O2: Non-Violent - Spirit of the North

O3: Online Features - Tomb Raider

O4: Has Snacks - Bugsnax

O5: Antihero/Bad Guy MC - Sly 2: Band of Thieves

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlazzingWind said:

Okay, took a while to think of what games to put with what categories. Please take a look and if anything doesn't fit, let me know!

B1: Minigames - AC Brotherhood

B2: Started but Didn't Finish - Tales of Arise

B3: Series New to You - Silent Hill 2 HD

B4: One Word Title - Stay

B5: Cooperative Game - Vikings: Wolves of Midgard

I1: Can Beat in One Sitting - Batman: Telltale

I2: Original 2023 Release - ?

I3: Weather Effects - Horizon Zero Dawn

I4: Banned/Censored - Beyond: Two Souls

I5: Award-Winning - Resident Evil 4 (GotY 2005)

N1: Independent Developer - Chicory: A Colorful Tale

N3: Player's Choice - ?

N4: Metroidvania/Rogue-Like - Hollow Knight

N5: Last Game Acquired - Nexomon

G1: Female Protag - Kena: Bridge of Spirits

G2: Underplayed - Blue Fire

G3: Arcade, Rhythm, Puzzle - Kingdom Hearts: Memory of Melody

G4: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Themes - Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

O1: Standalone DLC - Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry

O2: Non-Violent - Spirit of the North

O3: Online Features - Tomb Raider

O4: Has Snacks - Bugsnax

O5: Antihero/Bad Guy MC - Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Looks like a great set of games to me!

Only two I bumped on (I'm not an authority BTW - just some dude, so don't take my word as gospel, but):

You can actually jump in old Souls games - it's mapped to one of the stick-clicks, but only when running forward.

I'm not sure how this specific event handles "Adventure" - (I know the genre tags from IGDB that the site uses say otherwise,) - but "Adventure Games" generally means point and click games - i.e. Telltale games / Grim Fandango / Day of the Tentacle / Norco / Phoenix Wright etc. -  usually static screens, with puzzles of the "use X on Y" variety.... or "modern Adventure" like Quantic Dream games (Beyond Two Souls / Heavy Rain etc.) or Supermassive (Until Dawn / The Quarry etc.)

4 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm not sure how this specific event handles "Adventure" - (I know the genre tags from IGDB that the site uses say otherwise,) - but "Adventure Games" generally means point and click games - i.e. Telltale games / Grim Fandango / Day of the Tentacle / Norco / Phoenix Wright etc. -  usually static screens, with puzzles of the "use X on Y" variety.... or "modern Adventure" like Quantic Dream games (Beyond Two Souls / Heavy Rain etc.) or Supermassive (Until Dawn / The Quarry etc.)

The tagged genres are used for describing the type of game, though Dr's description is accurate. It's up to you to decide how strict you want to be!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

The tagged genres are used for describing the type of game, though Dr's description is accurate. It's up to you to decide how strict you want to be!

Well, the tagged genres of LEGO Bricktales are Puzzle, Simulator, Adventure so that does count, but I wanted to verify as I was eager to get a new game on the card ASAP as most of the games I play are long, and right now other LEGO games are not cooperating. (coughcoughLEGOMarvelSuperheroes2coughcough)

First Update! I completed a few games already for a nice start ?

Here's my original card:

Spoiler

bingo-bonanza-2023.jpg

Bingo-Bonanza-2023-con-juegos-2.png

B2: Anthropomorphized Animals - Octodad: Dadliest Catch (NA)

B4: Has No Humans- Biomutant

B5: Crafting Mechanics- Dragon Quest Builders

G4: With Online Features- Ghost Of Tsushima

O1: Historical Fiction Or Mythology- Trek To Yomi

O3: Spawned an Expanded Universe- The Last Of Us Part 2

• Like 3

I want to play some bingo too :D 

I have a few ideas of what I want to play, looking at my card, but if you guys would be so kind and recommend me a few games for the square, that would be great :D

Card and games are in the spoiler tag, to make the post a bit smaller

Spoiler

zqQlszm.jpg

Games:

B1 - Destroy All Humans

B2 - no idea

B3 - Dead Island (PS4)

B4 - Cuphead

B5 - Horizon Call of the Mountain (PSVR2)

I1 - no idea

I2 - Toem or Marquette

I3 - no idea

I4 - Cyberpunk 2077

I5 - Uncharted or Bioshock

N1 - please recommend some games

N2 - Wolfenstein Youngblood (no nazi symbols here in Germany)

N3 - any game

N4 - ABZU

N5 - Remnant from the Ashes

G1 - Sherlock Holmes The Devils Daughter 

G2 - Wreckfest (from the Kaleidoscope challenge) - nearly done with that already though

G3 - Mass Effect

G4 - Jedi Fallen Order (2019), it's the PS4 EU Stack, I already have the PS5 and NA plat, if that doesn't count let me know please

G5 - any Ratalaika Game probably

O1 - no idea

O2 - Snooker Nations

O3 - Hogwarts Legacy

O4 - Lego Movie 2, the newer lego games turned a bit into a grind with all the overworld stuff you have to do.

O5 - no idea

On 2/4/2023 at 1:48 PM, AgentPenguin08 said:

In a Series New To You - Dark Cloud

This was an interesting one for sure. While I enjoyed the charm and nostalgia of playing an old PS2 game, the combat was very clunky and the game was pretty tedious with it's menu management. Easy game to finish however.

Having gotten the platinum for this game on multiple accounts, I can agree with you that some decisions were bad. I didn't like thirst meter, but I understood it was added to encourage you to get the gate key and move on, a mechanic that really did nothing since, unless you hit a trick floor which made your thirst meter plummet like a rock, you could just mitigate it with fresh water or a water source found on the level. Also, the Broken Dagger glitch made the game a bit too easy since you could get the best weapons in the game before getting any companions. :P

The music was awesome, however.

Edited by Taruta13

Got my first one done!

Finished up Journey To The Savage Planet for Crafting Mechanics. It's a really short, fairly linear survival/exploration game where you can do drugs, slap extremely cute and defenceless birds and kick living meatballs off cliffs. This is more of a platformer with very simple puzzles that are fun to do at first while you still think they will get more complex, but they don't evolve at all later on once you craft new upgrades that remove some restrictions from your tools. There's still more trophies to get in here, most of them will come on the road for the 100% including a "True ending", but i'm good for now.

kImz00t.jpg

Crafting Mechanics: Journey To The Savage Planet

• Like 2

First update for this event :)

Non-Violent - Snooker Nationwell maybe a bit violent. The Flawless trophy requires you to play a perfect game of Snooker, unless you cheat, like I did and play Snooker Plus, which increases the amount of points possible from 147 (required for the trophy) to 210. Took me a few hours on the first stack of the game, so Ive got annoyed and used the Pool style forceful break off shot, hi and get some luck for an good open tabl. But got it first try on the second stack then, which was quite funny.

For another PSNP-Event - Wreckfest. I've played Wreckfest for the Kalaidoscope challenge, so I can use it here, it's not non violent at all :D lot of wreckage happened. 

So for the first BINGO, the current plan is to play Wolfenstein Young Blood, Toem and a game with a none human sidekick I still have to figure out.

Y0VOVf5.png

• Like 3

Finished the story (or equivalent) of some games.

Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Anthropomorphized Animals) - Every character in this game is an anthropomorphized animal.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (That You Meant to Play Last Year) - Self-explanatory.

Smoots Summer Games (That You Can Beat in One Sitting) - The story equivalent can be finished in about an hour. The plat can also be finished in one sitting if you have the skill for it (which I don't).

Bakumatsu Rock: Ultra Soul (Historical Fiction or Mythology) - The story takes place in the 19th century.

FeYYJvD.png

• Like 2

Going to get my next update now even though I wanted to add a 4th game, but that title... has issues. :(

Also, got my first BINGO, the top row!

b24.png

On 1/23/2023 at 4:20 PM, Taruta13 said:

B1 - Aliens or Robots: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS4)

B2 - Adventure: LEGO Bricktales (PS4)

I1 - No Jump Button: Queen's Quest 4: The Sacred Truce

I2 - With a # or punctuation in the title: Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn

I3 - One-Word Title: Teslagrad

N1 - With a female protagonist: Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS5)

N3 - Player's Choice: LEGO Marvel's Avengers

N4 - Made by an indie developer: Knightin'+ (PS4)

G1 - Isometric view: Lara Croft GO

G3 - Crafting Mechanics: LEGO The Hobbit

O1 - That you think you will dislike: LEGO Marvel Superheroes (PS4)

O3 - Non-violent: TOEM

Removed the version from Teslagrad as, after downloading the Vita version, I found that the game has a shared list so I wouldn't get any trophies for it so I deleted it.

Anyways, three LEGO titles. First off, I played both versions of LEGO Bricktales. It's not like a regular LEGO game, it focuses on the LEGO building and has you do actual LEGO builds of items and test them for stability. A bit frustration and needed a guide in the last parts, but all good and less stressful than I had thought. You get several abilities that let you reach the collectibles(each biome has four animals of five species and 13 treasure chests - the last chest is given when you collect all 20 animals of a certain biome and give them to an NPC) and it was fun backtracking with a new ability(you can leave the biome at any time to return to your grandpa's theme park and use the portal to back to worlds you've completed the story in) and picking up new stuff. The chests only contain food currency which you trade to ghost vendors that sell themed cosmetics and paints for your LEGO Builds. It's a nice simple game but the PS5 version's only difference was faster load times, no changes in quality.

I then platinumed LEGO Marvel's Avengers and decided to make that my player choice as I intend to have the entire LEGO Marvel Collection in my card. xD A great game and probably the easiest to get into as the Marvel Superheroes games were... jank. :(

Case in point, the third game, LEGO Marvel Superheroes. I went in with dread as I hated the races, especially the flying ones. However, the worst races I dreaded - the ones which have you racing Maria Hill in a go-cart - were not as bad as I thought and I actually won them first try because I wasn't fighting the controls. Muscle memory or something like that. I still struggled a bit, and found the story levels actually a bit boring, but other than that, I was nicely surprised at how campy this game is with its original story and huge cast of characters. (Only LEGO Marvel title with the X-Men and Fantastic 4, and Galactus was intense. I know about The Devourer of Worlds by a pen-and-paper module series focused around him for a Marvel Universe pen-and-paper game, but I never read the comics. They really nailed his intensity at that final level and mini-Galactus was my main character to use in the overworld. ^_^)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 2

Was hoping to see a new post before this update, but I did a rush job on the last one...

b24b.png

On 2/12/2023 at 10:27 PM, Taruta13 said:

B1 - Aliens or Robots: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS4)

B2 - Adventure: LEGO Bricktales (PS4)

I1 - No Jump Button: Queen's Quest 4: The Sacred Truce

I2 - With a # or punctuation in the title: Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn

I3 - One-Word Title: Teslagrad

N1 - With a female protagonist: Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS5)

N3 - Player's Choice: LEGO Marvel's Avengers

N4 - Made by an indie developer: Knightin'+ (PS4)

G1 - Isometric view: Lara Croft GO

G3 - Crafting Mechanics: LEGO The Hobbit

G5 - Has mini-games in it: LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2

O1 - That you think you will dislike: LEGO Marvel Superheroes (PS4)

O3 - Non-violent: TOEM

I put LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 at G5 because there is actually a challenge called "Mini-Game Master" which requires you to complete eight tasks around the world which are essentially mini-games, including a drumming mini-game and a mockery of the "Catch the Cash" game show that was discontinued but you catch seashells instead of money. :P

Needless to say, I am glad to be free of its shackles. This game is horribly glitched up and it crashed four times on me, and getting back into the game is slow because the game title sequence is unskippable and takes a minute to play. Also, sometimes things wouldn't spawn. But I eventually got 100%. Gwenpool is pretty cool though and I didn't expect Howard the Duck to be a video game designer. (I have seen the Howard the Duck movie, FYI.)

Anyways, I am going to break off and detox before I do any more games. This was my 96th so I need to plan out my 1-0-0. ;)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 2

Definitely wasn't expecting to be using it for this box before I played it but after finishing the story of I Am Bread I feel like it works for Play as an Antihero/Bad Guy

Screenshot-2023-02-14-06-08-33.png

Developed In A Foreign Country - Catherine: Full Body

One Word Title - Superhot

Has No Humans - Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime

Redeemed from PS Plus - Ark: Survival Evolved

That You Can Beat In One Sitting - My Name Is Mayo 3

• Like 3