Bingo Bonanza 2023[ENDED]

16 minutes ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

N5, with online features - Remnant: From the Ashes not quite 100% yet, but it's only the survival mode grind that's left. Took me a while to get into it, but overall it can be fun. The bosses are mostly bad though, at least for a soulslike.

I had a lot of fun with Remnant, but yeah, the bosses were a bit cheap. Way too reliant on spewing ads at you. 

Also, I was super unlucky with the RNG on the 'strange coin' trophy. I had to replay Earth about a dozen times haha. Co-op was fun though. 

On 23/03/2023 at 0:33 AM, Vivamp said:

B3: Disney Dreamlight Valley

Can I ask how you’re counting the story being finished on this one? I’m currently playing it and have a few more quests to do, but I don’t think the story is fully out yet.

I was hoping to add it as my game with crafting mechanics, so I’m selfishly asking in the hope that I can count it as having a complete story ? 

2 hours ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

Can I ask how you’re counting the story being finished on this one? I’m currently playing it and have a few more quests to do, but I don’t think the story is fully out yet.

I know this isn't directed towards me, but I added Dreamlight Valley to last year's Bingo card after I completed all the quests available. My reasoning: I completed the main story that was offered at that time. I think if you get to the point where all you have left in game is grind starlight/ pumpkins/ trophies, you should be able to say you've "completed" it. 

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 10:48 PM, Mouse_Rangers said:

Also, do all of the games have to be on PlayStation?

Didn't look like anyone answered this, so no, games don't have to be on Playstation. But they do have to have trackable achievements. So really only games on PS3-5, Vita, Xbox 360-SX, or Steam. No Nintendo consoles and no games without trophies. I imagine this is to prevent people from cheating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

But they do have to have trackable achievements. So really only games on PS3-5, Vita, Xbox 360-SX, or Steam. No Nintendo consoles and no games without trophies.

Nintendo: Where did we go wrong? Why is nobody playing our stuff and complaining about all the issues in our games?

KEMCO: *points at the above statement*

xD That's funny. Still, I'm glad Nintendo put their feet down and refuse to follow the trackable achievements bandwagon. Shiny hunting Zorua in Pokemon Violet or getting all 120 Stars in any of the 3D Mario All-Star games should not cause you stress! ;) (And yes, Super Mario Odyssey gives you Moons from Toadette for achievements, but they are all really easy and not frustrating as f**k.)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, stuthesheep said:

Marking off B1 with the Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy pack.

19 minutes ago, stuthesheep said:

B2 (Fantasy) Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy 17/3

Uh........................................................... *tries not to roll his eyes at the glaring mistake in the space marking* ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Uh........................................................... *tries not to roll his eyes at the glaring mistake in the space marking* 1f602.png

I actually had it right first time as well before the edit! Clearly need to go back to school or something.

Needless to say, there is no Blackout for me so I can't continue the event once I hit these barriers:

• B3: Last Game You Acquired

How could you measure this? I guess this would have to be the last space filled unless you don't buy any more games.

• B4: Released the year you joined PSNP

I saw that Persona 3 Portable was released in 2009... for the Portable, so the remake doesn't count. The only game I could try to get B4 in is Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. This is because while this account was created in 2020, I actually started my first account in 2009 so technically I joined this community in 2009.

• O5: Peripheral-based

Unless I steal my friend's VR helmet, there is no way I can fill this gap. I know some people say "use Remote Play on any old game!" but Remote Play doesn't really count as it's just playing any old game on your Vita and I feel that's cheating. And I don't want to spend tons of money on VR games or a Playstation Move I will only use once.

Here are the spaces I could fill out:

• B5: Free to play

I could platinum Genshin Impact since I have it on my PS5 since forever.

• I4: Reboot or Spiritual Successor

Part of me wanted to platinum SpongeBob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake since a guy who I watch was doing the game and said it was a spiritual successor to Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, but ugh, I don't like Spongebob. :(

• N2: Released in 2023

Definitely gonna be Hogwarts Legacy as that's on two events already and I sort of enjoyed it, save the camera controls.

If anyone wants to give me some advice or recommends on the first three problems, I will gladly listen.

Update!

SUWMKXC.png

NEW in Green:

[B2] That You Can Beat in One Sitting: 40-platinum.png Tempus
[B4] Simulation: 40-platinum.png PowerWash Simulator

[I2] Based on a Non-Gaming IP: 40-platinum.png Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

[I3] For Another PSNP Event: 40-platinum.png AER: Memories of Old

[I4] In-game Weather Effects: 40-platinum.png Hogwarts Legacy

[N1] No Jump Button: 40-platinum.png Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion

[N2] Has No Humans: 40-platinum.png Seasons After Fall

[G3] Has Snacks: 40-platinum.png Donut County

[G4] Developed in a Foreign Country: 40-platinum.png Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line

[G5] Retro Re-release: 40-platinum.png Spyro the Dragon

[O4] That "Everyone" But You Has Played: 40-platinum.png Marvel's Spider-Man

I've also tentatively planned out most of my other Bingo games from my backlog. Last Game Acquired will be whenever I get a new game this year. I'm debating between Mass Effect Legendary Edition or The Witcher 3 PS5 for "Takes Forever". Ultra Rare Plat will likely be either Disco Elysium or perhaps Yakuza Kiwami. 

Tempus: Literally took less than an hour to earn this platinum - though a few of the puzzle solutions in the later half of the game seemed arbitrary to me and I needed a guide to solve them. It had an interesting concept but I felt like they failed to really explore that concept in satisfying ways. 

AER: Memories of Old: I bought this game super on sale a while ago, and played it for the Kaleidoscope Event. Ultimately I was disappointed with what I consider to be a lot of unrealized potential within the game. 

Hogwarts Legacy: While the season changes are not a weather effect, the game does have rain and snow effects when you explore outside the castle.

Donut County: I mean, the title of the game includes a snack reference! I normally don't consider absurd to be a positive adjective for a game, but for some reason I really enjoyed this somewhat nonsensical game. Easy platinum as well - takes around 3 hours!

Marvel's Spider-Man: This game has one of the highest Platinum trophy achievers counts on PSNP, and the first game from my backlog to appear when looking at Platinums by number of achievers. I absolutely loved the game, though I can understand why some people were annoyed at things like the number and length of cutscenes or the non-Peter Parker sections.

Edited by pelagia14
Image reuploaded, URL updated
  • Like 4

On 3/28/2023 at 1:24 AM, Taruta13 said:

Needless to say, there is no Blackout for me so I can't continue the event once I hit these barriers:

• B3: Last Game You Acquired

How could you measure this? I guess this would have to be the last space filled unless you don't buy any more games.

• B4: Released the year you joined PSNP

I saw that Persona 3 Portable was released in 2009... for the Portable, so the remake doesn't count. The only game I could try to get B4 in is Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. This is because while this account was created in 2020, I actually started my first account in 2009 so technically I joined this community in 2009.

• O5: Peripheral-based

Unless I steal my friend's VR helmet, there is no way I can fill this gap. I know some people say "use Remote Play on any old game!" but Remote Play doesn't really count as it's just playing any old game on your Vita and I feel that's cheating. And I don't want to spend tons of money on VR games or a Playstation Move I will only use once.

If anyone wants to give me some advice or recommends on the first three problems, I will gladly listen.

Here are a few items from the Event FAQ that might help you out:

• Last Game You Acquired" can be established as of when you generate your card or when you're ready to attempt the specific challenge. Up to you.
  • What counts as a peripheral?
    Peripheral can be defined as broadly as your cellphone for Playlink or Karaoke Games, or specifically as Wonderbook or PSVR. I am going to expand this by including any game that has an online leaderboard/interactive website that can be checked outside of the game (IE battlefield)

For "Last Game You Acquired" at some point during this event when I get a game I will do this challenge at that point. Also note that it says "acquired", not "purchased", so if you have PlayStation+ then you could count the Game Catalog or Monthly Games for this challenge.

For "Peripheral-based" you could look into games with interactive websites / leaderboard websites. I know older Rockstar games like LA Noire had interactive websites but don't know if they still work. At a quick glance, it looks like some of the Playlink range of games are $10 - and UNO is in the PS+ Games Catalog, so 'free' if you have PS+.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2023 at 8:02 PM, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I was hoping to add it as my game with crafting mechanics, so I’m selfishly asking in the hope that I can count it as having a complete story 1f602.png 

I've personally been going for the plats rather than stopping at story completion, I suppose if all quests available at the time are complete, then it qualifies? but then an update undoes that so it's a tricky one to consider "done" in terms of story

• Like 1