17 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I marked off my first one :D 

B-4; A non-violent game

Aery - Calm Mind

Completed 1/5/2023

[Game Page / My Review]

Reveal hidden contents

8OvU5pb.png

Oh, AnnoyingTiger, that avatar is familiar. Is it one of the great wizards in the magic dimension from The Sims 3 Realm of Magic expansion? The one that was in the trailer? That's awesome! :D

Game you can beat in one sitting - TOEM

First game to start filling up my bingo card done! TOEM was a charming game. You can tell the developers had a lot of fun and passion for this game. It was nice to play one of these extremely quick and easy games that you can tell wasn't made as a platinum cash grab.

https://imgur.com/a/TdMcqnJ

1 minute ago, AgentPenguin08 said:

Game you can beat in one sitting - TOEM

First game to start filling up my bingo card done! TOEM was a charming game. You can tell the developers had a lot of fun and passion for this game. It was nice to play one of these extremely quick and easy games that you can tell wasn't made as a platinum cash grab.

https://imgur.com/a/TdMcqnJ

Just realized I posted my image wrong, here's my bingo card.

h6XHXfy.png

• Like 4

I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit hesitant about joining the Bingo Event this year, as I'm planning to focus on only completing games from my backlog if possible, and was worried that the randomness of a Bingo card may work against that. But, I hit the generate card link once and the generator decided to give me the task of "complete the oldest game in your backlog". So, I'm taking it as a sign and am joining after all. My original card is in the spoiler at the bottom. But, I've already filled out at least one square thanks to also getting the task to complete a game that was "used for another PSNP Event". My current progress is below:

Bingo Progress: 1/25

B

I

N

G

O

Crafting Mechanics

With Online Features

Metroidvania or Rouge-like

No jump button

Racing or Sports

Oldest in your Backlog

L43341f.png

Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection

Date Last Played:
June 15, 2010

Banned/Censored in a Country

HYPE!

That you started but didn’t finish

Based on a Non-Gaming IP

That you’ve been meaning to get to

Reboot or Spiritual Successor

Player’s Choice

Non-Human sidekick

Developed in a Foreign Country

Adventure

In a series new to you

Cooperative Game

Retro Re-Release (Originally without Trophies)

That you can Beat in One Sitting

That “Everyone” But You has played

DLC Pack or Standalone DLC

Award-Winning

For Another PSNP Event

Lce36ed.png

Knot

(January 3, 2023)

Event: Kaleidoscope Challenge

Favorite Genre

Fun fact about the oldest game in my backlog? I thought it was going to be NieR. But, apparently, Sonic's speedy self reminded me otherwise, and had been unfinished on my profile 3 days longer, lol. Both games have still been on there close to 13 years though....and I did have to buy a copy of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection off of Amazon, since it's been de-listed from the North American PS3 store (I think I rented the game originally?? It's been so long, I really don't remember, lol. I just know I don't have it. It's on it's way though!). But, hey, if that's some of the only money I spend this year on games, I'm not going to complain.

261ChZW.png

EDIT: Just to clarify in case there are questions: I do know that the first game I ever earned a trophy in, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune has not been platted yet. But, all I have left are trophy clean-up playthroughs, since I've already beaten the story twice. And, since trophy clean-ups are not allowed for this particular event, I went with Sonic, which has been on my profile the next longest after Uncharted. If I'm wrong in my interpretation and that was the wrong game to pick, feel free to let me know! I won't be offended at all. Either way, I'll be clearing away some of my backlog. So, it's all good. :)

Spoiler

a2f411x.png

Edited by InfinateEternity
Formatting & added the info about Uncharted.
  • Like 3

Finally, time to fill some boxes for this event :D 

TX5sZTV.jpg

By an independent developer - SkyScrappers  - Developed by Ground Shatter

Has snacks - Dead or Alive 6 - this one is abit tricky, since it doesn't have a "Story related trophy", the closest story related trophies are the Arcade and DOA Quest modes. Snacks are available in Survival mode, they can heal you or give you extra points. 

With a # or Punctuation in the Title - Phatom Breaker: Omnia

• Like 4

Mrs Bee and I made some slight alterations to the ruleset for this year, and made it a little competition between ourselves.  For me to fill a box, I require a platinum trophy (or 100%).  For her, she gets to fill a box if she finishes the story (like normal), but if she gets the platinum she can fill in a second box for free.  these changes make her card not really eligible for submission here, but I am going to post our progress anyway.  (I also allowed her to start just over a week early, as she was off work and had some extra time).

Here are our cards as they stand currently:

Mrs Bee -

Mrs-Bee---In-Progress.png

Bee - 

Bee---In-Progress.png

Edited by Sir_Bee
Added my card
  • Like 4

Two more done. My copy of Deadpool just doesn't work, so I did some other stuff instead.

You Think You Will Dislike - I wanted something short, since I didn't think I would like it. So chose to use Divekick, since I got it for free a long time ago. And I indeed did not like it. The references to that era of fighting game culture are great. I was in that community at the time, so it was fun to see all the little references and remember all the stuff that was going on then. But the game itself is just somehow boring and frustrating at the same time. I'm really glad it was so short.

Released Your Birth Month - I was having issues with this one, because there usually aren't many releases in April. Then there's even fewer that I haven't played yet. Then I found out that Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid was released on PS4 on April 2nd, and thought it was a good choice. When I initially played it, the story wasn't finished, so I was able to go through that. It's an adaptation of a story from the comics, and apparently Power Rangers is way more serious in the comics. It was a good story though, and I hope they're able to make more bigger budget games using the property in the future. There's no trophy for the story mode though, and I didn't want to have two painfully short squares back to back, so I did the remaining arcade mode trophies I needed too, as well as the DLC character arcade modes. Since each one has their own little story. I still love that Chun-Li and Ryu were added to this. And it's still an overall fantastic game. It looks like garbage for sure, but it's so much fun.

kHZRd2h.png

Next up for the event is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for the non-gaming IP square. I thought about doing the developed in a foreign country one to get the bingo, but as someone who likes Japanese games more than anything, it's kind of a gimme. So I'm saving it for now.

• Like 3

Update #1

B-1: HYPE! - God of War: Ragnarok: I really, really liked this game.  Did I think it was the best-thing-since-sliced-bread?  No.  The middle dragged out a lot more than it needed to.  I still think the game has serious issues with 'too many buttons' for combat.  More than once I messed up what I was trying to do because I couldn't remember if it was :l1: or :r1: and then whatever follow up button.  But the story was good, really, really good.  Satisfying.  I love seeing how the series has matured.

EDIT: I would also like some suggestions for December releases!

Spoiler

2nICMeF.png

@Squirlruler FYI I think you missed me, I'm not on the participants list

Edited by Alternatewarning
  • Like 1

My first update!

Jd0QSMJ.png

That You Started but Didn't Finish: Injustice 2

I played through part of the story in the Summer of 69 last year (I got the 50% trophy in August), but never finished it. Now I have!

It was a little depressing in parts, but it's an enjoyable game. I'm not a big fan of fighting games (I'm mostly really bad at them) but this is very satisfying to play (especially the super moves).  The story wasn't amazing (it felt like it dragged on a bit), but fighting game stories never are!

It's a good game overall anyway and I'll continue playing it even with the story finished!

• Like 3

@Squirlruler There's absolutely no rush on this at all! I just wanted to let you know that I'm missing in the Participant's List (my card is in the Spoiler at the bottom of this post), along with @masaru-san, whose card is in the post right after mine. Again, there's no rush! I just wanted to make you aware! Thank you so much for taking the time to host this event again! It's really appreciated!! :)

4 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

@Squirlruler There's absolutely no rush on this at all! I just wanted to let you know that I'm missing in the Participant's List (my card is in the Spoiler at the bottom of this post), along with @masaru-san, whose card is in the post right after mine. Again, there's no rush! I just wanted to make you aware! Thank you so much for taking the time to host this event again! It's really appreciated!! :)

Updated! Sorry about that

• Like 1

Ok, first one done!

Did Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion, also for the Kaleidoscope and Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023. 

Still a fun game, but I definitely forgot how much repetitive the missions end up being.. well I only played it when it originally released ages ago, so, no surprise that I had forgot..

H7uf2TB.jpg

Spoiler

N5 - For Another PSNP Event - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion •PS5

Next is likely Persona 3, but until it releases, no real path of playing.. Also the games mentioned on the image are some of my "options".. only the ones in blue are more or less set in stone, even if I may replace all of the Eventide games and there are several conflicting games that I still have to decide on what will be used in each of the places..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 4

One more down, if it's allowed.

Based on a Non-Gaming IP - I played through Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but about halfway through the game my game got hit with a green screen and I had to force shut down my console. It's apparently a fairly notorious glitch. After that, some trophies didn't pop when they were supposed to. The ones for beating Act 2 and Act 3 on legendary, as well as the one for beating the game after siding with Captain America. I tried reloading a save from before the glitch and replayed all of Act 2, but it still didn't pop. So I'm guessing the save itself is broken and I would have to start an entirely new game. I don't really want to play this game again though. It's not bad, but I've already played it more than twice already. I couldn't do Legendary until I did another full playthrough on a lower difficulty, and that's just too much work. If I were to play a game like this again, I'd much rather replay Ultimate Alliance 3. Anyway, since I don't have the trophies for beating the game, I would understand if it doesn't count. I'll remove it if that's the case and probably do Arkham Asylum instead for that square.

CJoGLtu.png

One more week until my vacation is over, then things will slow down and I wont be updating every couple of days lol. About to start playing through Ni No Kuni for the Released the Year You Joined PSNP square. I really didn't like this game when I first tried it, but I wanted to give it another shot now that the hype has died down on it. I figure at the very least, I can play through the story and get my completion up a little bit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

One more down, if it's allowed.

Based on a Non-Gaming IP - I played through Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but about halfway through the game my game got hit with a green screen and I had to force shut down my console. It's apparently a fairly notorious glitch. After that, some trophies didn't pop when they were supposed to. The ones for beating Act 2 and Act 3 on legendary, as well as the one for beating the game after siding with Captain America. I tried reloading a save from before the glitch and replayed all of Act 2, but it still didn't pop. So I'm guessing the save itself is broken and I would have to start an entirely new game. I don't really want to play this game again though. It's not bad, but I've already played it more than twice already. I couldn't do Legendary until I did another full playthrough on a lower difficulty, and that's just too much work. If I were to play a game like this again, I'd much rather replay Ultimate Alliance 3. Anyway, since I don't have the trophies for beating the game, I would understand if it doesn't count. I'll remove it if that's the case and probably do Arkham Asylum instead for that square.

CJoGLtu.png

One more week until my vacation is over, then things will slow down and I wont be updating every couple of days lol. About to start playing through Ni No Kuni for the Released the Year You Joined PSNP square. I really didn't like this game when I first tried it, but I wanted to give it another shot now that the hype has died down on it. I figure at the very least, I can play through the story and get my completion up a little bit.

That sucks. I'll allow it.

• Like 2

4e1befd560a3ff37dcc035053a6811cef63c0a4b
Second game done and it’s Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space PS3 for No Jump Button. I love Sam & Max (point and click adventure games are my favourite), I’ve played all 4 games on PC, so when I noticed this gem in the premium catalogue I had to play it again. I would have played the first telltale game, but for some reason it wasn’t on PS3. I found out that the first 2 have been remastered for PS4 though, so I’ll probably get those later on, looks like the 3rd will be released later too. There’s not much to say about this game though, classic point and click shenanigans, the puzzles are easier in the telltale games than in the original, but that’s not a bad thing. The only part I struggled with were the DeSoto challenges, they were a little frustrating using a controller while streaming. Some of the timed challenges were tight. 

I thought about putting this in Adventure, but I wasn’t sure if most people go with the classic definition of Adventure or if people tend to mean games like Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War. It works for No Jump Button though, I can’t even imagine Sam jumping

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I thought about putting this in Adventure, but I wasn’t sure if most people go with the classic definition of Adventure or if people tend to mean games like Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War. It works for No Jump Button though, I can’t even imagine Sam jumping

When in doubt, check the tags. These games are tagged "point and click" and "adventure" so it would count.

• Like 1