Bingo Bonanza 2023[ENDED]

b23c.png

On 1/16/2023 at 10:22 PM, Taruta13 said:

B1 - Aliens or Robots: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS4 version)

I1 - No Jump Button: Queen's Quest 4: The Sacred Truce

I2 - With a # or punctuation in the title: Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn

I3 - One-Word Title: Teslagrad (PS4 version)

N1 - With a female protagonist: Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS5 version)

N4 - Made by an indie developer: Knightin'+ (PS4 version)

G1 - Isometric view: Lara Croft GO

O3 - Non-violent: TOEM

I waited until I got Lara Croft GO done today before I put up the update as I didn't want to just update with one game, but I platinumed Knightin'+ two weeks ago. The reason for the delay was I had to platinum the PS5 version of LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. xD

Close to a BINGO but now I have to find a game I am not really eager to touch for O1. Maybe I will try Yazuka Like a Dragon, since I don't like the setting and characters of the Yazuka series. :P

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

I think the only spots I will not get for a Blackout Bingo are B3(unless Last Game Your Acquired as I am always buying games), B4(because technically I joined PSNP in 2009 but I don't have a PS3 anymore and there aren't many PS4 or Vita titles in 2009) and O5(as I don't have any peripherals and not spending a ton of cash to buy one). I do have plans for an update to include three new squares.

Update #2

Spoiler

FebWdU7.png

B-1: HYPE! - God of War: Ragnarok: I really, really liked this game.  Did I think it was the best-thing-since-sliced-bread?  No.  The middle dragged out a lot more than it needed to.  I still think the game has serious issues with 'too many buttons' for combat.  More than once I messed up what I was trying to do because I couldn't remember if it was :l1: or :r1: and then whatever follow up button.  But the story was good, really, really good.  Satisfying.  I love seeing how the series has matured.

? I-4: With an Isometric View - Digimon Survive: Digimon seems to swing pretty wildly with video game ideas and I'm here for it.  This game is 7/10 visual novel with a horror tinge and 3/10 battle which isn't bad.  I'm not a huge fan of how you recruit digimon (I prefer the Cyber Sleuth style) but with a guide it's not too bad.  I can say, though, that this game is so much darker than I expected and I really like that. While the game is visual novel, the battles are isometric so I believe that counts.

I would also like some suggestions for December releases!

21 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

You play an anti-Hero or villain - Persona 5 Royal

I assume you picked this one because

Spoiler

Akechi is in your party for a period of time

?  Does that count?

Edited by Alternatewarning
  • Like 3

After several weeks, I have my second game completed: Discovery Tour: Viking Age which works for I5 (DLC Pack or Standalone DLC) on my bingo board. I know I promised to try to keep my updates short. So, if you'd like to read a more in-depth look at thoughts on the game, and my general experience, feel free to check out this post from the Kaleidoscope Challenge. My copy of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection finally arrived in the mail, too. So, that's a plus.

Bingo Bonanza 2023 Progress: 2/25

B

I

N

G

O

Crafting Mechanics

With Online Features

Metroidvania or Rouge-like

No jump button

Racing or Sports

Oldest in your BacklogL43341f.png

Date Last Played:
June 15, 2010

Banned/Censored in a Country

HYPE!

That You Started but Didn’t Finish

Based on a Non-Gaming IP

That You’ve Been Meaning to Get to

Reboot or Spiritual Successor

Player’s Choice

Non-Human sidekick

Developed in a Foreign Country

Adventure

In a Series New to You

Cooperative Game

Retro Re-Release (Originally without Trophies)

That You Can Beat in One Sitting

That “Everyone” But You Has Played

DLC Pack or Standalone DLC

L6551b8.png

(January 25, 2023)

Standalone DLC:

Proof

Award-Winning

For Another PSNP Event

Lce36ed.png

(January 3, 2023)

Event: Kaleidoscope Challenge

Favorite Genre

My original BINGO card:

Spoiler

a2f411x.png

Edited by InfinateEternity
Formatting
  • Like 4

God, I'm so glad I didn't get "The oldest in your backlog" for my bingo card. 

I'm not sure I'd want to go back and play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. It was a present from a girlfriend – played it once on PS3, hated it. And sold it.

So I no longer have the game or the console haha. Although, I'm guessing if you don't have the console anymore, there's some leeway on the challenge to choose a game from your current collection of consoles? 

2 hours ago, Finch_III said:

God, I'm so glad I didn't get "The oldest in your backlog" for my bingo card. 

I'm not sure I'd want to go back and play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. It was a present from a girlfriend – played it once on PS3, hated it. And sold it.

So I no longer have the game or the console haha. Although, I'm guessing if you don't have the console anymore, there's some leeway on the challenge to choose a game from your current collection of consoles? 

As long as you keep to the spirit of the challenge, leeway is permitted. I'm not too big a stickler. The event is suppose to be fun not punishment :P

• Like 1

Please sign me up!

Also, I already reached the credits with two games so far this month, meaning I already cleared 2 out of 25!

Capture.png

Metroidvania or Rogue-Like: Hades

No Jump Button: Children of Morta

I am also looking for recommendations. I have PS Plus Premium by the way, so you can also base your suggestion on that.

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 3

First month is nearly over and this is the best I could do. I was hoping to have a couple more games on the board before updating, but Dysmantle is taking me a while to get through. (I need to break down EVERYTHING I see; I’m cursed.) I think all the games on the board work for their respective categories: Bugsnax has no humans, only Grumpus; Cult of the Lamb has you managing a cult of anthropomorphized animals; and Back 4 Blood is constantly reviewed as Left 4 Dead’s spiritual successor

CjRm4hR.png

Spoiler

B1 - With Mystery or Detective Themes -  Batman: Arkham City 

B2 - No Jump Button - 

B3 - Featuring A Romance or Romance Options - 

B4 - That Gives You The Feels - 

B5 - Releasing Your Inner Weeb - 

I1 - Developed In A Foreign Country - 

I2 - Favorite Genre - 

I3 - With Player Choices or Multiple Endings - 

I4 - Metroidvania or Rogue-like - 

I5 - DLC Pack or Standalone DLC - 

N1 - Oldest In Your Backlog - 

N2 - That “Everyone” But You Has Played -  

N3 - Player’s Choice - 

N4 - Starts with the First Letter of Your PSNID - 

N5 - Historical Fiction or Mythology - 

G1 - That Takes “Forever” To Beat - 

G2 - Has No Humans - Bugsnax 

G3 - HYPE! - 

G4 - Underplayed (Owned by <1,000 Players) - 

G5 - Free To Play - 

O1 - Anthropomorphized Animals - Cult of the Lamb 

O2 - Released the Year You Joined PSNP - 

O3 - Ultra Rare Platinum - 

O4 - Non-human Sidekick - 

O5 - Reboot or Spiritual Successor - Back 4 Blood 

• Like 2

OeWX3HD.png
B1: The Sexy Brutale
G1: Gabbuchi

G2: Goat Simulator 3
G3: Pinball Heroes
O4: Puzzletronics: Digital Infinite

New Entry :D 
Has Snacks: GABBUCHI - Quirky little puzzle game, not bad but probably wouldn't have bothered finishing if not for the bingo entry, originally planned to stick this in the no plat category but I'm impatiant and can see that first bingo line approaching, can't say they're the kind of snacks I'd eat, but who am I to judge the weird little monster for it's eating habits

• Like 2

b23c.png

On 1/23/2023 at 4:20 PM, Taruta13 said:

B1 - Aliens or Robots: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS4 version)

I1 - No Jump Button: Queen's Quest 4: The Sacred Truce

I2 - With a # or punctuation in the title: Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn

I3 - One-Word Title: Teslagrad (PS4 version)

N1 - With a female protagonist: Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS5 version)

N4 - Made by an indie developer: Knightin'+ (PS4 version)

G1 - Isometric view: Lara Croft GO

G3 - Has a crafting mechanic: LEGO The Hobbit (PS4 version)

O3 - Non-violent: TOEM

While it's a stretch, LEGO The Hobbit does have you collecting various materials to either forge items at the blacksmith or crafting LEGO Builds, so technically it could be considered crafting. ^_^

Don't worry, I have games planned for the coming months, although I don't know if The Last Campfire counts as "Has no humans" as the characters are mostly humanoid... Although I guess Tunic would count as No Humans as you play as a fox and I didn't see any humans in the game footage I saw. (Who makes the bingo card generator? I was thinking of making a variant for games that were run on a Games Done Quick broadcast. ^_^)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

ccXtMLy.png
B1: Omno
G1: Gabbuchi

G2: Goat Simulator 3
G3: Pinball Heroes
G4: Inside
G5: The Sexy Brutale

O4: Puzzletronics: Digital Infinite

Got my first line! ??
Inside managed to get a whole bunch of awards in 2016/17 and somehow '18 according to wikipedia? But I can definitely see why, especially when you reach the final part of the game! Won't say any more on that so as not to spoil anything for people planning on playing but great game!

• Like 2

fxy3R0W.jpg

Has no humans - Darksiders -  the game happens during the Apocalypse, all humanity has been wiped out :D 

By an independent developer - SkyScrappers  - Developed by Ground Shatter

Has no platinum trophy[NEW] - Chaos CodePS3 version is platinum free :P 

Has snacks - Dead or Alive 6 - this one is abit tricky, since it doesn't have a "Story related trophy", the closest story related trophies are the Arcade and DOA Quest modes. Snacks are available in Survival mode, they can heal you or give you extra points. 

With a # or Punctuation in the Title - Phatom Breaker: Omnia

Based on a Non-Gaming IP - Kill la Kill: IF - Based on the crazy Kill la Kill anime.

For Another PSNP Event - Street Fighter x Tekken - also used in The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 event.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2023 at 7:11 PM, ExHaseo said:

You're actually forced into a relationship with the female social links in this game when playing the original MC, so there's a lot of romance options.

That's why a lot of people(myself included) didn't really enjoy getting 100% Social Links on Persona 3 and were glad when Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 let you friendzone a girl. Did Persona 3 Portable do the same with the female character's social links?

7 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

That's why a lot of people(myself included) didn't really enjoy getting 100% Social Links on Persona 3 and were glad when Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 let you friendzone a girl. Did Persona 3 Portable do the same with the female character's social links?

No, FeMC doesn't force you into relationships. A few of the social links kind of ruin major plot points of the game if you've never played it though. So I never recommend anyone play her first. Honestly, I don't think playing P3P before FES is a good idea either, because it's so watered down in comparison.

For the original MC, they did get rid of the jealousy system in P3P though. So while they still force you into relationships, social links can't get reversed because you're dating more than one girl.