Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - April 19, 2023 (PS5 exclusive)

Ghost

1 hour ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I read it as Burning Shoes.

They should have called it Burning Britches. aka PS4 users.

1 hour ago, pavelbagirov said:

Same like Terminator dlc and FF7 Remake dlc or Death Stranding directors is PS5 only)

Yup I still feel hurt by Terminator and FF7 remake too.

Death Stranding Director's cut maybe makes sense, a bit like PS4 Director's Cut for The Last Of Us over PS3 for example. (Unless there was something truly new in the Directors cut)

33 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

Still feel it’s a bit of a dick move. If the PS4 version wasn’t going to be fully supported then I think they should’ve gone all in and released the game as PS5-only from the start. 

That was the plan at first but with the PS5 so hard to get at the start they made a PS4 version of the game so those unlucky could still play the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karashion said:

That was the plan at first but with the PS5 so hard to get at the start they made a PS4 version of the game so those unlucky could still play the game.

That remains a very questionable decision (not to say more) towards all PS4 players who trusted Guerilla and bought their game… Very disappointing indeed, as the devs were more than happy to be able to use the millions of installed PS4 to maximise their revenue. I don’t buy any charity storytelling here; now that PS5 starts to be more widely available they just let us know that they actually do not give a damn about older systems…

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

How so? Will the PS4 version get the same trophies, which will then be unobtainable or what? If you buy the PS4 version, you get a free upgrade to the PS5 version, right? So either you have the PS4 version, then you would only have to buy the DLC when you play the PS5 version, or you buy the PS5 version and would also have to buy the DLC.

I feel like I am missing/misunderstanding something here, so it's a genuine question.

Maybe I haven't explained it right, but for me, the problem is that I don't have a ps5 and I don't want to buy one for now. 

I can't talk for others obviously, but I imagine that if someone bought the ps4 version it's because they don't have a ps5 either. 

29 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

imagine that if someone bought the ps4 version it's because they don't have a ps5 either. 

Well, I have a PS5 but no way was I spending more on that version when the PS4 version was cheaper. I got mine used, it was $18 less than the used PS5 version. 

As long as I can play the dlc with my PS4 disc and PS5 upgrade, I'm fine. 

If they somehow lock PS4 versions out then that'll be a dick move. 

Also, man, this is arriving very late. Over a year!

More like Horizon: Boring Chores, am I right?

Good thing they're abandoning the PS4, should have done that from the start. Maybe then we wouldn't be flying at a snail's pace.

9 minutes ago, JunkSkelington said:

barely better than a switch. 

As someone who recently completed Bayonetta 3 I could only wish that Switch was barely worse than PS4.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

Glad they are leaving ps4 behind.  It's way past time to stop hamstringing games so they can run on a nearly 10 year old console with specs barely better than a switch. 

I'm not sure how much more Guerrilla can get out of this game, tech wise, with the DLC even if they have cut the PS4 loose. Forbidden West is still a PS4 game at its core so the DLC will be working from that foundation. 

On 09/12/2022 at 3:53 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Well, I have a PS5 but no way was I spending more on that version when the PS4 version was cheaper. I got mine used, it was $18 less than the used PS5 version. 

As long as I can play the dlc with my PS4 disc and PS5 upgrade, I'm fine. 

If they somehow lock PS4 versions out then that'll be a dick move. 

Also, man, this is arriving very late. Over a year!

That's usually how long DLCs take to release. High-effort ones anyway. Only Ubisoft has made it the norm to release DLC for single player games every 2 months like a live service.

Anyway, this upcoming expansion may be a good example of why it's usually better to wait before rushing to get 100% when new DLC trophies drop, because now those of us who did wait can take any rewards we get from this expansion into new game plus which might make the ultra hard playthrough easier.

• 2 months later...

A dick move by the devs no doubt, but I gotta say I'm excited about this dlc having just completed the ultra hard difficulty Ng+ dlc I did a 180 and completely changed my mind on the game, I don't dislike it anymore I actually had a really great time in the forbidden west second time around i'm happy to say.

11 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

A dick move by the devs no doubt, but I gotta say I'm excited about this dlc having just completed the ultra hard difficulty Ng+ dlc I did a 180 and completely changed my mind on the game, I don't dislike it anymore I actually had a really great time in the forbidden west second time around i'm happy to say.

Out of curiosity, why was it better for you the second time around?

Took me a year to plat the game, because I had made the mistake of doing too many side quests instead of focusing more on the main quest and burnt myself out. But now that it’s done, I look forward to the DLC. The DLC for Zero Dawn was quite lengthy and I enjoyed it. I’m curious if it’ll be related to what happens at the end of the main story or if it’ll be entirely an unrelated side event. I expect the latter, though.

How much do you think the DLC will cost?

1 hour ago, mrmivo said:

Took me a year to plat the game, because I had made the mistake of doing too many side quests instead of focusing more on the main quest and burnt myself out. But now that it’s done, I look forward to the DLC. The DLC for Zero Dawn was quite lengthy and I enjoyed it. I’m curious if it’ll be related to what happens at the end of the main story or if it’ll be entirely an unrelated side event. I expect the latter, though.

How much do you think the DLC will cost?

Most likely 19.99$/€