Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - April 19, 2023 (PS5 exclusive)

Ghost

Although I still don't own a PS5, I think it is best for the industry to abandon the older consoles and focus on the future. The industry has been set back years because of the pandemic and chip shortage, causing developers to compromise for the PS4 to handle various games. I've gotten around 8 years out of my PS4. Outside of Macintosh, you simply can't expect much more than that from technology. Also, it is simple capitalism and a Sony exclusive. There is likely significant data that says making this DLC PS5 exclusive with move the now available PS5 consoles. Vote with your dollar.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

What do you guys think? Make the DLC the Ultra Hard Trophie easier or should I try to complete ultra hard first before start the DLC what would you suggest? In Horizon Zero Dawn I believe it was so that the DLC made Ultra Hard easier because of the DLC weapons.

To be honest your guess is as good as anyone's but I do think that there will be new possibly better legendaries than we already have. So common sense would say wait and see.

4 minutes ago, archangel9978 said:

So I just gor a ps5 and was hoping for the free upgrade of thus since I have it on ps4 disc but when I put it in my ps5 I git no upgrade option, just got to install ps4 version and play with no load times...so to get this dlc I gotta rebuy ps5 version or what?

For some games you only get the PS5 upgrade if you bought the PS4 version digitally. 

8 minutes ago, archangel9978 said:

So I just gor a ps5 and was hoping for the free upgrade of thus since I have it on ps4 disc but when I put it in my ps5 I git no upgrade option, just got to install ps4 version and play with no load times...so to get this dlc I gotta rebuy ps5 version or what?

I have PS4 disc and played PS5 version. You will need to claim the PS5 version from the store first.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2023-04-16 at 5:09 AM, abhinandhan22 said:

Is the preload for the dlc up for download? When I tried to re download the game, its giving me an error to install the dlc. Just downloading the main game now. Hopefully its resolved soon

I was able to download it this morning after pre-ordering a couple of days ago. You can check if it's installed and manually start the download by going to the Horizon Forbidden West tile on your PS5, click the Option button on your controller, select Manage Game Content, and then check to see if the DLC is showing as installed. If it is then you're good, if it isn't then you can start the download from this same screen.

On 16.4.2023 at 11:09 AM, abhinandhan22 said:

Is the preload for the dlc up for download? When I tried to re download the game, its giving me an error to install the dlc. Just downloading the main game now. Hopefully its resolved soon

I have problems too with the download of the update and dlc, even killed my internet connection somehow o.O Had to reset everything. Hope it workes now. No idea what the problem might be. 

Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

Can you lower difficulty from UH? If not, i think i will have to do the dlc in UH, it's accessible after the final mission

No you are locked on the difficulty on that playthrough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swotam said:

I was able to download it this morning after pre-ordering a couple of days ago. You can check if it's installed and manually start the download by going to the Horizon Forbidden West tile on your PS5, click the Option button on your controller, select Manage Game Content, and then check to see if the DLC is showing as installed. If it is then you're good, if it isn't then you can start the download from this same screen.

7 hours ago, lemaestre said:

I have problems too with the download of the update and dlc, even killed my internet connection somehow o.O Had to reset everything. Hope it workes now. No idea what the problem might be. 

Yeah it ended up working for me in the end. Seems like many people had issues