Free PS5 upgrade?

We'll have to wait and see as the PS5 version is not yet out on the store over here.

The last few Microids games got cross-buy on release (The smurfs Vileaf and Asterix&Obelix Hibernia).

They also now seem to start releasing PS5 versions of their older games (Marsupilami and a few Asterix&Obelix games at the moment of speaking) and the digital versions seem cross-buy but at the same time they're having trouble with those PS5 upgrades from PS4 disc.

Marsupilami PS5 upgrade is not yet working for me as speak despite them saying it would be available on 3 December. Some things about the digital version changed on that day but nothing for the disc version.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
23 hours ago, marcsnake said:

I've just noticed that there's a free PS5 upgrade now ! Don't know when it came and if there's autopop .. ?

Thanks for telling! It has to be fairly recent that it started working because I checked all Asterix games and Marsupilami only a few weeks ago.

I'm not aware of any way to transfer your PS4 save to the PS5 version and I don't see completion times on the leaderboard that suggest this. So no autopop.

I also checked all the other microids games that I have and that got a PS5 upgrade way after the PS4 release where the disc upgrade wasn't working and they're all fixed:

Marsupilami Hoobadventure (CUSA 27816)
Asterix and obelix XXL Romastered (CUSA 19541)

Asterix and obelix XXL2 (CUSA 13367)

Asterix and obelix XXL3 The Crystal Menhir (CUSA 16983)

Asterix and obelix Slap them all (CUSA 23755)

Microid games for which the PS4 and PS5 version released at the same time, all worked on release or 1-2 days after. (Garfield Lasagna party, Smurfs vileaf and Asterix and obelix ram of hibernia)

7 hours ago, Kolm said:

Thanks for telling! It has to be fairly recent that it started working because I checked all Asterix games and Marsupilami only a few weeks ago.

I'm not aware of any way to transfer your PS4 save to the PS5 version and I don't see completion times on the leaderboard that suggest this. So no autopop.

I also checked all the other microids games that I have and that got a PS5 upgrade way after the PS4 release where the disc upgrade wasn't working and they're all fixed:

Marsupilami Hoobadventure (CUSA 27816)
Asterix and obelix XXL Romastered (CUSA 19541)

Asterix and obelix XXL2 (CUSA 13367)

Asterix and obelix XXL3 The Crystal Menhir (CUSA 16983)

Asterix and obelix Slap them all (CUSA 23755)

Microid games for which the PS4 and PS5 version released at the same time, all worked on release or 1-2 days after. (Garfield Lasagna party, Smurfs vileaf and Asterix and obelix ram of hibernia)

Thanks for telling me too for the XXL series 😄👍

I've also check for "who wants to be a millionnaire" from Microids and there's also a free PS5 upgrade which appears not a long time ago.

• Like 1