Possible to Platinum in only one playthrough?

Jhante_Brown

It's theoretically possible but strongly not recommended, because the hardest difficulty is BRUTAL and will chew you up and spit you out in a split-second if you're even remotely under-prepared. I did 2 playthroughs and still struggled with certain fights on the top difficulty (the final fight alone nearly drove me insane), eventhough I had maxed out everything so I can only imagine how hard it would be if you don't have many weapons and only a handful of upgrades.

If you try to do this in one go, the difficulty will be, IMO, a 9 or 10/10 but make it 2 playthroughs, then the difficulty gets reduced to a 6 or 7/10.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

You won't need an entire second playthrough perse but some of the trophies would be really, really, not fun to attempt on the hardest difficulty. I used my first playthrough for the hardest difficulty then did my cleanup on easy

Edited by majob

12 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I am positive that all the trophies can be achieved on chapter select.

I think,...that maybe the ultra voilence trophy can be done by reloading the boss fight. I have not tried it yet though.

You can unlock other trophies through chapter select but Ultra Violence will only unlock when you play through the entire game on that difficulty

27 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you try to do this in one go, the difficulty will be a 9 or 10/10 but make it 2 playthroughs, then the difficulty gets reduced to a 7/10.

I would disagree here. I did ultra-violence for my first run and a clean-up after for misc trophies I missed/saved for easy. It was tough but no way is it 9-10/10. It's easier than other similar games like DMC, Nioh or Ninja Gaiden for example.

There are difficulty spikes, some of which come out of nowhere and are almost unfair, but perseverance and a touch of luck and it can all be done.

Ultimately it's your own decision. Even starting on ultra-violence it's unlikely you'll get all the trophies and will need to replay some levels. Starting on easy gives you the knowledge to take on ultra-violence but starting on ultra-violence gives you the shock and grit to get better faster.

It's just a shame the game isn't very good. I really wanted it to be and it has its moments but be prepared for an inconsistent experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nauticus87 said:

I would disagree here. I did ultra-violence for my first run and a clean-up after for misc trophies I missed/saved for easy. It was tough but no way is it 9-10/10. It's easier than other similar games like DMC, Nioh or Ninja Gaiden for example.

There are difficulty spikes, some of which come out of nowhere and are almost unfair, but perseverance and a touch of luck and it can all be done

I agree. I'd probably say the only time Ultra Violence really gave me trouble was for the fanboy boss fight and the final boss. Otherwise if you utilize dodging and take cover you'll be just fine

• Like 1