Input lag

RedDevil757

10 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Just started playing this today and it's the first thing I noticed, it's not massive input lag but as it's a racing game it's very noticeable to me, never had input lag on a racing game before. Ruins the game. 

Hood camera view seems to reduce it best. Shift 2 on PS3 had it too. For me control is the most important thing in a racing game.

On 15/12/2022 at 5:07 AM, RedDevil757 said:

Hood camera view seems to reduce it best. Shift 2 on PS3 had it too. For me control is the most important thing in a racing game.

Yeah a little bit, hard to see in that view though I think. I'm really forcing myself to get through this game, doubt I will go for the plat. I can press and release the triggers before the input even registers, I really don't know how this wasn't a huge complaint. 

Honestly looks like the basic Ghost Games' stuff, everything is delayed to compensate for easy drifting. It definitely wasn't that bad on Rivals or 2015. I can't comment on Payback really since I remember nothing from it but on Heat everything feels delayed and working against you if you have the slightest knowledge how drifting should work.

If it is hindering you on corners, turn the turn sensitivity up on the car and unfortunately, learn the break to drift mechanic Ghost Games started. There's nothing in the games to make it more authentic or something reminicent of Burnout etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...